"Feel Good" TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Feel Good" TV

With all the crappola on TV these days - from "reality" TV that is anything but real, to murder-fest cop shows, to inane sitcoms - I find myself looking elsewhere for worthwhile viewing.

I found two shows on cable that actually expand, rather than kill, brain cells, and are still entertaining.

The first is "John Ratzenberger's Made in America" on the Travel Channel. Ratzenberger, best known as "Cliff Clavin" on "Cheers," travels the U.S. and presents companies that still manufacture American products with pride and tradition. From Welch's Concord Grape Juice to granite stone in Vermont to Black Hawk Helicopters, hands-on American craftsmanship is showcased. Ratzenberger is the perfect narrator/host.

The second is "Unwrapped" on the Food Network. On this show, you get to see how many of your favorite foods - from Twinkies to Tootsie Pops to Cheetos - are mass produced with recipes that have been around for decades. Like Ratzenberger's show, the cameras reveal people who still take pride in rolling up their sleeves and making something.

Check these shows out.

Re: "Feel Good" TV

And don't forget to tune into [adult swim] at 11PM EDT.

Comment

Good call. Futurama and The Family Guy! Two of my favorites.

Comment

Speaking of reality tv shows... I checked out a new series called "You've got a Friend" on MTV. It's put out by Ashton Kutcher, the guy who does Punk'd.

It's based on paying someone $15,000 to fool their friends and family into believing they have a new friend and the friend turns out to be a real loser who then creates problems for all involved. I watched one of the shows on sunday and it was tasteless and lame and sad for the participants. It frightens me what people will do for money.

I was starting to take a liking to Ashton based upon the movies he has been in recently (Just married and The Butterfly Effect), but after watching this show I am left wondering what he has to offer. I liked MTV a long time ago too, but now it doesn't do anything for me. :bored:

There really is not much on tv worth watching IMO
        sigpic

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
          What TV shows are you hooked on?
          by Nick
          Well, there's no TV forum, so I thought I'd stick this here. What television shows are you hooked on? What do you tune in every week to see?

Here's my list, in no particular order:

-24 (missed the third season with classes but the first two were great)
          -ER (huge fan, been watching since the early days)
          -CSI (just got hooked on this)
          -MXC (this has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen)
          -Newlyweds (I know, I know... the girlfriend likes it, and Nick is actually a cool guy it seems)
          -Reno 911 (scratch the MXC comment, this is the funniest thing I've ever seen)
          -World Series of Poker (every time a rerun is on, i'm watching... can't wait until the new episodes are on this Tuesday)
          -07-03-2004, 11:16 PM
        • ramsplaya16
          nfl football pacage, direct t.v.
          by ramsplaya16
          ok, my parents want to get rid of direct t.v. for comcast, but my dad is going to try to keep only the nfl package and switch the rest to comcast, does anyone know if this is possible, has anyoine here done it?
          -07-20-2007, 03:03 PM
        • ramsanddodgers
          Maybe it is just me, but...
          by ramsanddodgers
          .. whenever I have a chance to sit in front of the TV for any length of time and I pull up the guide, their never seems to be a Rams game aired when they show old games.:|

No respect.
          -05-26-2008, 11:29 PM
        • RamWraith
          New TV show
          by RamWraith
          NBC is launching a new TV show Friday Night Lights. It will be based on a high school football team. Looks kind of interesting.
          http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Friday_Night_Lights/

Also, a superhero type show. COOL!!

http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/
          -06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
        • HUbison
          T.V. takes another step towards armegeddon.
          by HUbison
          Last night, on A&E, I saw the most surreal item ever on television. A broadcast of the USRPSL national tournament.

That would be the,

United
          States
          Rock
          Paper
          Scissors
          League

A national broadcast of a Rock, Paper, Scissors tourney......I've now seen it all.
          -06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
        Working...
        X