Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP BB King

A legend has passed away.

Attorney Brent Bryson told The Associated Press that King died peacefully in his sleep at 9:40 p.m. local time at his home, where he had been in hospice care. Bryson added that funeral arrangements were being made.
    Although King had continued to perform well into his 80s, the 15-time Grammy winner suffered from diabetes and had been in declining health during the past year. He collapsed during a concert in Chicago last October, later blaming dehydration and exhaustion.
    A very long and full life but a moment of great sadness for me. Absolutely loved the man and his music.

The restoration is complete!

Re: RIP BB King

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
    A legend has passed away.

A very long and full life but a moment of great sadness for me. Absolutely loved the man and his music.

So, so, sad. Such a shame to see these legends pass. Errol Brown, Ben E. King, Percy Sledge - pillars of sound and emotion, gone. Paco de Lucia, Joe Cocker, Jack Bruce, & Johnny Winter last year. Dylan, Daltry, Townsend, Jagger, Richards... all in their 70s with autumn on the horizon.

So many pioneers of R & B and jazz slipping away. And perhaps just as tragically, so few emerging to carry on the legacy of funk, soul, R & B.

"I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
    While my guitar gently weeps
    I look at you all
    Still my guitar gently weeps"

Beatles

Comment

Re: RIP BB King

bit late...

don't forget richie havens

heard about it on the news right before i went to sleep...got in bed, closed my eyes...and heard it...

total bummer

RIP

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
        10 nuggets from Mayock and Peter King
        by txramsfan
        There ya go. Don't say I'm not open minded about posting this after reading #8. It's funny though, he only comments on one game Orakpo didn't play well but doesn't highlight the OU game where he was a monster. Oh well, guess Texas players aren't supposed to have a bad game.
        -04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
      • Will51
        justin king could not cover.....
        by Will51
        And obese paraplegic you finish the sentence...
        -12-04-2011, 06:50 PM
      • RockinRam
        This Is The Last Straw. Justin King Needs To Go.
        by RockinRam
        Justin King has done nothing right in this game. He has been pushed back, he's been tossed around, and he's causing stupid penalties due to his inability to cover a receiver.

Game after game, King has not produced, yet Spaguolo insists to keep on starting him as the #1 cornerback. Absurd.

He is very, very lucky Mike Williams did not finish that amazing would-be TD catch, because that would make him absolutely disgustingly terrible.

Every time there is a blown coverage, a pass penalty, or a good catch from a Seahawks receiver, Justin King's name is there.

Get his ass out of here. :frown:
        -11-20-2011, 02:42 PM
      • ScottD413
        Peter King on Rush
        by ScottD413
        Per SI.com:

If Rush Limbaugh becomes part-owner of the St. Louis Rams -- which I'm told is not even close to happening right now -- he may want to do something about the organization's political leanings. According to politico.com, no NFL team in the past 20 years has donated more money to the Democratic Party than the Rams. Politico reported in September that the Rams had given $230,050 to the Democrats, or 98 percent of the franchise's total political donations. That would mean that in 20 years, the Rams have given about $4,600 to Republicans. That's not even enough for a 30-second spot on Limbaugh's national radio show.

Lets not make this another political thread guys. I'm just posting this as an FYI. No need to debate it.
        -10-12-2009, 06:56 AM
      • Nick
        Peter King on the Rams
        by Nick
        From his Monday Morning QB article....
        -10-22-2007, 10:35 PM
      Working...
      X