• Show
Clear All

• And then there was one less - RIP David Bowie

Something happened on the day he died
    Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside
    Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried
    (I知 a blackstar, I知 a blackstar)

How many times does an angel fall?
    How many people lie instead of talking tall?
    He trod on sacred ground, he cried loud into the crowd
    (I知 a blackstar, I知 a blackstar, I知 not a gangster)

Bowie, Blackstar, 2016

Re: And then there was one less - RIP David Bowie

Grew up with him and way to many songs to list that I like.

Sad day

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
      Sam Shields article in The Players Tribune
      by general counsel
      Someone please find the article by Sam Shields today in The Players Tribune online and post it to this site. It is one of the most inspirational, emotional and moving articles i have ever read. Shields describes his battles with concussions and his road back to the NFL in a way that is extremely moving and real. I am now a GINORMOUS Sam Shields fan.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -10-26-2018, 01:37 PM
      lol must read this
      by Guest
      I got this from the cards M-board

Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old.

-I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

-More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
      think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell
      my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
      realize you're wrong.

-Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
      going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to
      be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction
      from which you came, you have to first do something like check your
      watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to
      ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by
      randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

-That's enough, Nickelback.

-I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

-Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know"
      feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose
      not to be friends with?

-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
      work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically
      fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all
      know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards
      or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

-Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
      suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.

-I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually
      becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting
      90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's
      laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit
      harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one
      who really, really gets it.

-How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

-I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
      take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear
      your computer history if you die.

-The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the
      spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

- LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

-09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
    • Milan
      My rant on...the war in Yugoslavia
      by Milan
      Well, this is my rant on the war of 1992 in Yugoslavia I hope it doesn't get too controversial.

Well here we go:

The media had basically portrayed Serbian people and the army as a ruthless people.

As many of you know, Slobodan Milosevic died a few days ago, while in prison. But why was he in prison? The media basically said that the Serbian army, with his command went into Srebrenica, took Boys and men, "Interrogated" them, and ethnically cleansed them, said to be the worst attrocity in Europe since WWII. That is not at all what happened.

In the 1990s, the United States knocked out all of the Serbian command posts in the city of Krajina, letting the Croatians freely move into the city. over 14 000 Serbs were either killed or kicked out of their homes.

Damage reports by the muslims were inflated. When the Muslims gave in their reports to the UN, they said there would be 200 000 people dead in one place, after the war the UN checked the numbers, and saw the biggest amount of people that could have been killed was 60 000 and that was a stretch.

The muslims said that almost all the homes in a specific city were damaged. True, they were damaged, but they were also damaged from when the Muslims kicked the Serbs out from before, of course, satelite images can't tell if there's bullet-holes in the walls, or where they came from, they can tell a top-down view.

Earlier, in the 90s. An attack on a market, leaves 100s of musli msinjured or killed. Said to be an attack by the Serbs.
      When in reality, the muslims were killing their own people in an attempt to get NATO to bomb the Serbs (NATO had gotten permission from the UN under certain circumstances to interfere in civil wars). Anyways, the muslims would broadcast on a Muslim radio station that there would be free bread, but once the muslims got there all they saw was cameramen cowering behind doors or walls, when after an hour or so, explosions filled the streets, killing or injuring many of the people waiting in line. A number of attacks like this would happen over the next few days, but nobody saw the possibility that the muslims would kill their own. Even the ones standing in line said there was something suspicious, almost as if the cameramen knew there would be an explosion. They were all taking shelter minutes before it happened.

Many say that the Serbs eathnically cleansed the muslims at Srebrenica, said tens of thousands of muslims were dead.

But this is what really happened: The muslims would launch attacks from Srebrenica (Ruled a safe-zone by the UN). There was a cease-fire going on but when the muslims attacked, they attacked more than once. The Serbian troops went and took over Srebrenica, but when the Muslim forces tried to take it back, they suffered a heavy toll on that day, which the media publicised to be a massacre, when really, it was a battle.

-03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
    • Varg6
      RIP Heath Ledger
      by Varg6
      Heath Ledger, age 28...found dead.

Actor Heath Ledger dies at 28 - CNN.com

Poor guy, I really feel bad...He looked amazing as the Joker too.
      -01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
    • Bruce=GOAT
      Hulk Hogan: I thank God I'm alive
      by Bruce=GOAT
      http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...351002,00.html

WWE wrestling news The LilsBoys' Over The Top Rope

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
      Hogan: I thank God I'm alive

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
      August 04, 2007

WRESTLING legend Hulk Hogan has lashed out at the industry which made him a megastar.

And he has demanded an end to the decades-long cover-up of steroid abuse in the sport.

Hogan, 54, took the muscle-enhancing drugs almost daily for 16 years during his career and says he can spot a user a mile off.

With more than 100 grapplers dying before the age of 50 in the last decade, he is begging others to face up to the crisis.

The Sun has been leading an anti-steroid abuse campaign since wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and seven-year-old son before committing suicide in June.

A handful of former stars have already spoken out and prompted US politicians to start investigating the industry.

But many in the WWE, the world's biggest fight franchise, deny there is a problem and have blasted their ex-colleagues as bitter failures who haven't wrestled in years.

They cannot same the same about Hogan, wrestling's equivalent of Pele or Muhammad Ali who was fighting for them just 12 months ago.

In an exclusive Sun interview, he said: "Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Oh God yeah. They have always been a part of the business. It's prevalent.

"But there's not some big mystery to it. Just open your eyes and it's there. You can look at a wrestler and pretty much tell.

"They will be above their weight range, with these big veins. My body weight is around 285lb, depending on how much junk I eat. Even if I was 25 and clean, I could probably only carry 300lb.

"Yet when I was wrestling I weighed anywhere between 320 and 340lb, because my body was full of water weight.

"My face was puffy, my arms were so bulky I couldn't touch my shoulders. You could take one look at me and know I was on something.

"Steroids have been around for ever in other sports too, but if we have to pick on somebody now then let's pick on wrestling.

"I'm glad the business is in the spotlight because they're probably the only ones smart enough, after being able to dodge it for so long, to know how to fix it."

The Hulkster added: "I remember up until the early 1990s any wrestler could walk into a doctor and they'd write you a prescription for steroids.

"Then there was a huge trial where WWE boss Vince McMahon was unfairly accused and rightly acquitted of distributing the drugs to his workers.

"This ushered in the era of wrestlers playing 'hide and seek'.
      -08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
    Working...
    X