Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP - Chuck Berry ... Guitars everywhere gently weep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP - Chuck Berry ... Guitars everywhere gently weep.

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
    While my guitar gently weeps
    I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
    Still my guitar gently weeps.

I don't know why nobody told you
    How to unfold your love
    I don't know how someone controlled you
    They bought and sold you.

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
    While my guitar gently weeps
    With every mistake we must surely be learning
    Still my guitar gently weeps.

- G. Harrison

Great Song that Eric (he must be god it says so on London towne Walls) Clapton assisted on as Mr. Mysterioso! Can't make my guitars quite weep like Eric but with a Wah wah pedal and a slide I have tried to get the sound. Not as many effects back then so not so hard to try to duplicate unless your doing crazy stuff like running things backwards through a mixing board or something kookie! I loved the special dedication done while Chuck was still alive that Keith Richards Managed and was put through the ringer by Chuck! It was funny the stuff Chuck did or often tried to do to Keith. Had me laughing allot. Things like lets play this song in a completely different key and change it up on the band live! LOL Thought Keith was going to have a stroke more than once with Chucks quirky ways... You guys should see it if you never have worth the efforts especially if you play some guitar! RIP Chuck Berry you could play a guitar like ringin' a bell!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

lol must read this
      by Guest
      I got this from the cards M-board

Random thoughts from people 25-35 years old.

-I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

-More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
      think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell
      my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

-Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
      realize you're wrong.

-Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
      going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to
      be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction
      from which you came, you have to first do something like check your
      watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to
      ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by
      randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

-That's enough, Nickelback.

-I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

-Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the "people you may know"
      feature on Facebook people that I do know, but I deliberately choose
      not to be friends with?

-Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't
      work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically
      fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all
      know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards
      or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

-Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
      suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.

-I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually
      becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting
      90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's
      laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit
      harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one
      who really, really gets it.

-How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

-I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
      take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

- I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear
      your computer history if you die.

-The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

- A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the
      spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

- LOL has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

-09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      5 Innovations I Just Don't Get
      by AvengerRam_old
      As I approach the end of my fourth decade on this planet, I marvel at the many innovations that make daily life easier, more productive, more informative and more entertaining. That said, there are a few things that the youngsters spend their time and money on that I simply do not get:

1. Ringtones
      I know, I know. Its uber-cool to have your phone play the theme from Aqua Teen Hunger Force when it rings, but is that really worth the $10 you spent to download it? Come on, its just a noise to let you know someone is calling you.

2. Text Messaging
      What is the fascination of typing little messages on a 2 x 2 cm keyboard? Wouldn't it be easier just to call? Or, dare I say, just to wait until you see your friend the next day?

3. The MP3 Player as an exclusive music listening device
      The whole music downloading trend, planned or not, has played out like a drug dealer's strategy. First, everything was free. Then, people got hooked. Finally, the price was jacked up (as an aside, I still don't get how that Napster guy's not in jail). MP3 players are great. I have one myself. But I don't see how it replaces actually buying albums. Sure, you can download an entire album, but most don't. Most download song by song. In doing so, you miss out on the great non-single tracks. I just hope that the MP3 age doesn't kill the great B-sides.

4. The In-Car/Van/SUV DVD Player
      Though my kids would love one, my wife and I have resisted the temptation to buy a car with a DVD player. Kids should look out the window every once in a while. They might actually see something interesting. What's worse is the number of times I've seen someone driving alone with the DVD player on. What are they doing? Listening to a movie? Watching at red lights? Not watching the road at all?

5. In-Dash GPS Devices/On-Star
      Whatever happened to looking at a map? Or, dare I say, just knowing where you are going? The worst of these are the ones that talk. And what about On-Star? Isn't the notion of a faceless company having the ability to monitor every move you make, unlock your door remotely and dispatch the police, fire department or EMTs to your vehicle sound just a little too Big Brother-ish?

And so, before I drive off on a route that I, and only I know, while listening to a CD player, with my phone that rings with the tone it came with, let me leave you with this thought...

When invention becomes the mother of your necessity, you need a hobby.
      -02-18-2007, 12:43 PM
    • MauiRam
      "Rules For Work" Any contractors of subcontractors out there?
      by MauiRam
      Rules for work

1) Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 PM and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2) If itís really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire
      how itís going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me
      as often as possible.

3) Always leave without telling anyone where youíre going. That way it gives me
      a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4) If my arms are full carrying tools and materials, donít open the door for me. I
      need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors with no arms
      is good training in case I should ever be injured and lose all use of my limbs.

5) If you give me more than one job to do, donít tell me which one is the priority.
      I am psychic.

6) Do your best to keep me working late and on weekends. I adore working and
      really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7) If a job I do actually pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out it could
      lead to a raise.

8) If you donít like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in con-
      versations. I was born to be whipped.

9) If you have special instructions for a job, donít write them down. In fact, save
      them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful
      information.

10) Never introduce me to the people youíre with. I have no right to know
      anything. In the construction food chain I am plankton. When you refer to
      them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11) Be nice to me only when the job Iím doing for you could really change your
      life and send you straight to contractorsí hell.

12) Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and itís nice to know
      that someone else is less fortunate. I especially like the story about your
      having to pay so much taxes on all the money you made last year.
      -05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
    • RamDez
      A Parable on "Home Security"
      by RamDez
      by Barry Waller

Let's say you like to eat on your patio, but always get bothered by some bees. You try to ignore them, even though you hate them, and smash the ones you can that land on the patio, and maybe even spray the ones in your yard with poison.

Then, one day, a dozen bees are in the yard, and your little girl gets stung, and she is alergic to bee stings and dies. You realize that the danger is greater than you thought, so you start a posse to go looking for the source of the bees. You are about to give up, because you can't find their hive, then remember this guy a few miles away that keeps bees, a guy you don't like, and a guy who has had some local problems from next door neighbors who are freaked out at having all those bees so close.

The keeper assures you that his bees do not stray far from his hives, so they couldn't be the ones bugging him and stinging his kid. He explains how this group of bees are not big enough swarms to range very far, as they would leave their home unprotected, and also explains that the bees you describe, are not even the same breed as his.

That doesn't matter though, because you are still pissed off and in the mood for revenge, full of the feeling that you at least tried to do something so it would, never, ever happen again. Besides, a bee is a bee, right, and they all have stingers, and a history of using them on humans.

So you pick up a long stick and start whacking the hives, and spraying as many of the swarm that emerge, though you know thousands will escape the demolished hives, and head out to look for a new place to live, in a highly agitated state at the loss of their homes, and their brothers and sisters.

Some of the bees even sting the beekeeper and his family, as well as his neighbors as they flee in panic. A few people are injured and suffer reactions themselves from the bee stings, or the poison spray that also kills a few birds and beneficial insects before it dissipates into the atmosphere, later returning as poisoned rain to do some further damage.

The hives are destroyed, so the bee keeper has no living, and also, no one can get any honey, causing the local price to skyrocket, because everyone there loves honey, and can't do without it. When you get back home, you discover that a pipe burst in the bathroom and caused a few thousand dollars worth of damage while you were busy chasing bees. You also find that your friends are really upset at you for causing the honey prices to go up, as well as for the people they knew nearby who had gotten stung, when they hadn't had trouble from bees before. You don't even mind that, because now THEY also know the danger that bees can cause.

Later, you find that there was a small hive of wild bees under the deck all the time, but by the time you do, those bees are long gone or dead. You don't dare ever tell anyone about that, and even say...
      -09-15-2004, 11:14 AM
    • AlphaRam
      Who Digs Pink Floyd?
      by AlphaRam

So what is your favorite Pink Floyd song?

If you cannot just pick a song, how about an album?

Hello.
      Is there anybody in there?
      Just nod if you can hear me.
      Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.
      I hear youre feeling down.
      Well I can ease your pain,
      Get you on your feet again.

Relax.
      I need some information first.
      Just the basic facts:
      Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.
      A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
      You are only coming through in waves.
      Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
      When I was a child I had a fever.
      My hands felt just like two balloons.
      Now I got that feeling once again.
      I cant explain, you would not understand.
      This is not how I am.
      I have become comfortably numb.

Ok.
      Just a little pinprick. [ping]
      Therell be no more --aaaaaahhhhh!
      But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?
      I do believe its working. good.
      Thatll keep you going for the show.
      Come on its time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
      A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
      You are only coming through in waves.
      Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
      When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
      Out of the corner of my eye.
      I turned to look but it was gone.
      I cannot put my finger on it now.
      The child is grown, the dream is gone.
      I have become comfortably numb....
      -02-14-2007, 07:32 PM
    Working...
    X