Anyone remember CaliGirl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember CaliGirl?

I hope this is an appropriate place for this.

Caligirl was a regular on this board until Big Red Man passed away and it was too painful for her to visit as it reminded her too much of Randy and the loss she took so hard. Her kids called Randy "Uncle Squishy".

It seems Cheri passed away a few days ago, here is a post from her Facebook page, "The family of Cheri Hamilton Stinson sadly announces that she passed away in her sleep on August 6, 2017. We would greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we process our loss. As Cheri's friends we are very sorry for your loss as well."

The Rams and the Boise State Broncos lost one of their biggest fans.

RIP, Cheri

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Very sad to hear that.

Comment

Wow. I met her once at a Bash. She loved the Rams and Randy, and was fun to have around here.

RIP

Comment

I just found out. I've been offline for a while for various reasons and this was the first time I heard about this.

wow.
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

This was posted today on Cali's Facebook;

My name is Tyler Copeland and I am Cheri Hamilton Stinson son. I am using my mother's Facebook to invite you all to her memorial service tomorrow, Saturday August 12th at 3pm at dry creek cemetery at the scattering pond. This will be a simple ceremony to remember the life of a amazing mother, friend and avid football fan. Attire will be casual, however everyone is encouraged to wear any and all Boise State gear that you have as she was one of the biggest fans in town!
          (Sorry for not making this an event on facebook, Facebook seems to be having a heart attack when I try to invite all her friends that she has!)

Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -08-11-2017, 01:10 PM. Reason: Added the notification
          RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I do recall her and enjoyed her posts. Each day is a gift.

My prayers go out to her family......

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ramsanddodgers
              Laughter is the best medicine...
              by ramsanddodgers
              I was a very happy man. My wonderful girlfriend and I had
              been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. There was
              only one little thing bothering me...It was her beautiful younger sister.

My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight
              miniskirts, and generally was bra-less. She would regularly bend down when she was
              near me, and I always got more than a nice view. It had to be deliberate.
              Because she never did it when she was near anyone else.

One day her "little" sister called and asked me to come over to check
              the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered
              to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome.
              She told me that she wanted me just once before I got married and
              committed my life to her sister.

Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word.
              She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come up and get me."
              I was stunned and frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs.

I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to the
              front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car.

Lo and behold, my entire future family was standing outside, all
              clapping! With tears in his eyes, my father-in-law hugged me and said, "We are
              very happy that you have passed our little test. We couldn't ask for a
              better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family."

And the moral of this story is: Always keep your condoms in your car.
              -10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
            • mxbrian
              Perspecitve....
              by mxbrian
              Lest we forget what is truly unique about this team. Here is part of it...

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily
              working when a new voice came over the intercom
              asking for a carry-out at check register 4.

Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some
              fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he
              approached the check-out stand a distant smile
              caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful.
              She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was
              only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited
              by the punch clock to find out her name. She came
              into the break room, smiled softly at him and
              took her time card and punched out, then left. He
              looked at her card and saw her name was Brenda.

Next day, he waited outside as she left the
              supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He
              looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When
              he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see
              her again, outside of work. She simply said it
              wasn't possible. He pressed and she explained
              she had two children and she couldn't afford a
              baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter.
              Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date the
              following Saturday.

That Saturday night he arrived at her door only
              to have her tell him that she was unable to go
              with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled.
              To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take
              the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children
              was not an option, but again not taking no for
              an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought
              him inside to meet her children. She had an older
              daughter who was just cute as a bug, Kurtis thought,
              then Brenda brought out her son in a wheelchair.
              He was born a paraplegic with down syndrome.
              Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why
              can't the kids come with us?"

Brenda was amazed. Most men would run
              away from a woman with two kids, especially if
              one had disabilities, just like her first husband and
              the father of her children had done.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up
              the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her
              son needed anything Kurtis took care of him.

When he needed to use the rest room, he
              picked him up out of his chair, took him, and
              brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the
              end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man
              she was going to marry and spend the rest of her
              life with. A year later, they were married and Kurtis
              adopted both of her children and since then...
              -02-04-2002, 08:19 AM
            • MOM
              The Potato Heads-- More Humor
              by MOM
              THE POTATO HEADS

Well, Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other. Finally they
              got married and had a little sweet potato they called "Yam." Of course,
              they wanted the best for Yam. When it was time, they told her about the
              facts of life.

They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't
              get accidentally mashed and get a bad name for herself like "Hot Potato"
              and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots. Yam said not to worry, no Spud
              would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

But on the other hand, she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato
              either. She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her
              Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out
              for the hard boiled guys from Ireland. And the greasy guys from France
              called the French Fries.

And, when she went out West, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't
              get scalloped. Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and
              wouldn't associate with those high-class Yukon Golds or the ones from the
              other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that
              say, "Frito Lay."

Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so
              when she graduated she'd really be in the chips. But in spite of all
              they did for her, one day Yam came home and announced
              she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw! Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she
              couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's

just........................

Are you ready for this?.............................

Are you sure? ............................

OK! Here it is! ...............................

A COMMON TATER !!
              -05-27-2005, 11:05 PM
            • txramsfan
              Feeling down? Read this.....from PB, MO
              by txramsfan
              http://www.darnews.com/articles/2005/05/24/news/news1.txt

PBHS grad shocked to see mom there: A walk to remember

PBHS graduate Eric Scott poses for a picture with his mother, Sandra, who has Multiple Sclerosis. Scott had no idea his mother would be attending the 2005 graduation ceremony Thursday. (DAR/Paul Davis)
              By JACKIE HARDER ~ Staff Writer
              All those years Eric Scott wore a Poplar Bluff Mules uniform, whether it was football, wrestling or track - his biggest fan was never in the stands to cheer him on.

Eric's mother, Sandra, never attended any honor assemblies or awards banquets. She never came to any of Eric's JROTC competitions. She didn't get to see her only son make the grand march at senior prom.

For the most part, Sandra has missed all the "big events" in her son's life. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about the same time she became pregnant. Over the past 18 years, her disease has progressed to the point where she has been bed-bound for years. She must have an ambulance bed in order to be transported, as well as be accompanied by a medical aide or her husband, Keith.

Though Eric often brought home video tapes for his mom to watch, Sandra would have given anything to have been there in person. As his high school graduation approached, Eric had no reason to think this event would be different.

But thanks to the thoughtfulness of friends and the kindness of strangers, Sandra was given the opportunity to attend Eric's graduation last Thursday at the Black River Coliseum.

"I had no idea she would be there until I walked in the door. It was awesome," Eric said. "It's hard to explain in words what that meant. It was amazing."

Sandra, too, has a difficult time putting her feelings into words, mainly due to her loss of motor skills. Even so, her emotions are written all over her face.

"It meant the world to me," she said. "I am so proud of him."

She has every reason to be proud. Eric earned a full-ride, four-year JROTC scholarship to attend Arkansas State University this fall. He has eight varsity letters and graduated with a college prepatory certificate. Sandra and Keith Scott's walls are covered with Eric's awards and honors, dating back to his days on Little League baseball teams.

"But I don't think we could have been prouder than we were at graduation. We are so thankful she got to go," Keith said, smiling at his wife. "I know it meant the world to her. Eric will only graduate from high school one time ..."

"And I got to see it," Sandra said, finishing her husband's thoughts.

The idea of bringing Sandra to the PBHS Class of 2005 graduation ceremony was that of Patty Boyers. Boyers became acquainted with the Scott family a few years...
              -05-24-2005, 01:58 PM
            • UtterBlitz
              Sad news - RammieGirl passed away on friday
              by UtterBlitz
              I got a call from from Tim, Denise's husband this morning letting me know that Denise passed away on Friday the 13th. Cancer finally won. She has been fighting it for years. He said that she went peacefully and on her own terms. She is in no more pain and she is in a better place now.

Services will be held on Thursday. They live in CA. If anyone would like to go let me know, and I will get more details.

Denise Porter is her name, and we knew her as RammieGirl. She is one my favorite posters on ClanRam all though she has not been posting much recently. I met her and Tim at my first Bash and they are both wonderful people. She was fun, full of energy, and a absolute rams fan. I will miss her.
              -03-15-2009, 10:49 AM
            Working...
            X