Some serious thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some serious thoughts...

Guys, I haven't been on the Clan much lately - something about homework, family, and other responsibilities getting in the way - but, I think we should all remember some serious things on opening day.

I'm sure most of you have heard by now about Caligirl - Cheri passed away recently. Don't forget to remember her family in your thoughts.

Also remember the family of Drew Wahlroos, former Rams LB, who committed suicide this week.

Adam Carriker, former Rams DL, had to rush his two year old daughter to the hospital recently. She aspirated a peanut and it turned into a serious lung infection. She is now home, seems to be recovering well, but did have to celebrate her third birthday away from her twin sister while she was still in the hospital.

If anyone remembers a former member named Yoda, he lives in a suburb of Houston, and his home was seriously damaged by hurricane Harvey. He and his family are safe, but it will take them years to recover their losses.

AvengerRam, aka RamsFanEsq, lives in the Orlando, FL, area, and he and his family are in the path of Irma. Remember them in your thoughts, as well.

I doubt if anyone remembers Yakira (my daughter), who was more of a Danny Amendola fan than a Rams fan, and her husband Andy, live in Margate, NW of Ft. Lauderdale. While they aren't in the direct path of the eye, they are getting 75 MPH winds and heavy rains along with the occasional tornado warning. I would appreciate everyone remembering them in your thoughts too.

If I have forgotten anyone, I apologize. Sometimes, we need to take a break from the football to remember life gets serious - and this is one of those times.

If you know of anyone else, PLEASE add them to this list!
    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
    RAMS!

Nice thoughts, RFS, I too, was hoping the people in Florida would be spared catastrophic loss. I grew up there and still have friends there. Hoping our current members and all others make out ok.

And God Bless all others mentioned here.

Comment

Good luck to you an your family RFS... Also my neice and her family live in Florida so it is on my mind as well. Hope all in these tragic days recover and are safe from the storms that are ravaging this part of our country now~!

Comment

Thanks, Sam! We made it through fine (still waiting for our electricity to return). Nice to have the Rams, this site, and a Week 1 win as positive distractions!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• MauiRam
          Daniel Fell's wife on ... NFL Wives
          by MauiRam
          NFL wives

Just down the winding street from our house is a charming little school called North Elementary that my family knows very, very well. It's home to the little playground with the grey "spinny thing" that Lennon has loved (to watch, not ride) since he has had an opinion. Home to a sprawling field where Danny and I used to take our sweet pup to run the furniture-chewing willies out of her. Next to a rustic, wooded nook where we had our engagement photos taken back in 2009 and about twenty years before that it was where I played kickball and four-square as a rambunctious fifth grader. North is where we meet 95% of Lennon's playdates and where he gets 99% of his knee scrapes. And when it's just me and him, we make sure to swing by Starbucks on our way there, even though it's not actually on our way. This morning was one of those days, he asked and I conceded. It was chilly out but it was just us, so we took full advantage.

When we got to the schoolyard we sat down on our favorite bench and Lennon ate a small slice of pumpkin bread before running off to join in a game of tag. As the heat of my latte warmed my fingers I was thankful that I'd won the morning jacket debate. The clouds in the distance had become the clouds overhead and the sun had been reduced to a bright spot in the corner of sky. A mom called out to her daughter, requesting a break from swing-pushing, and then walked towards me with her hands in her pockets and a smile on her face. She asked if the seat next to me was taken and then sat down.

We chatted a bit about the weather, about Lennon and then about her daughter. It was the usual Park-Mom conversation. How old is he? What school does she go to? Where do you guys live? We talked about the foreign concept of "TK," a new program called Transitional Kindergarten, and then somehow started talking about local high school ratings. Lennon ran over to me, yelled that he was "it" and threw his New York Giants ball cap on my lap. The woman looked down at the hat, raised an eyebrow, and then asked if we had ties to the East Coast. Before I knew it we were knee deep in football speak. She vented about her issues with the *****' offseason acquisitions, or lack thereof, and I told her a little about why Danny was excited to return to the Giants for another year. I asked her how she liked the new Santa Clara stadium and she asked me which city I've enjoyed the most on our journey. Before I could respond, she grinned eagerly and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Wait, what's being an NFL wife like?"

I smiled and shrugged. The answer that I have bookmarked in my brain for that oft-asked question rolled off of my tongue. I told her that there are proverbial ups and downs that come with being married to a professional athlete and that the chaotic lifestyle keeps me on my toes. That sometimes it's fun and exciting and other times it's a ball of...
          -07-17-2015, 12:28 AM
        • RamsFanSam
          Before We Are Asked Again....
          by RamsFanSam
          I am sure you guys are wondering how it could be RamsFamily's Birthday today, considering there is more than one person in a family. Therefore, I wish to explain it to you guys.
          Ok, RamsFamily consists of 5 of us, although only the older ones are active. Lets start with the rugrat, Sami. Her BD is July 5, and she is 4. Yakira, her sister, is 11 and her BD is March 21. Jeremy is 20, his BD is Dec. 6.
          That takes care of the young'uns.
          Now, Mama's BD is Thursday. She'll be 28. She is also known by other affectionate names, such as Tawn (her real name), ball & chain, my retirement plan (she IS 14 years younger than I am, after all), the portable dishwasher, and my personal favorite..."hey, I'm outta beer".
          Now it comes down to me...42 years ago today, I was forced upon the earth.
          Now you know the whole story....well, not all of it. I better explain...or otherwise I may get strange looks....Tawn is Sami's mommy. The other daughter has a different mom, and so does Jeremy. So, as you see, this household of Rams fans comes from many different backgrounds. And Tawn is the one that really piqued our love for those guys in St. Louis... :ramlogo: so don't forget to tell her happy BD on Thursday.
          -10-25-2004, 04:56 PM
        • ramsanddodgers
          Anyone remember CaliGirl?
          by ramsanddodgers
          I hope this is an appropriate place for this.

Caligirl was a regular on this board until Big Red Man passed away and it was too painful for her to visit as it reminded her too much of Randy and the loss she took so hard. Her kids called Randy "Uncle Squishy".

It seems Cheri passed away a few days ago, here is a post from her Facebook page, "The family of Cheri Hamilton Stinson sadly announces that she passed away in her sleep on August 6, 2017. We would greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we process our loss. As Cheri's friends we are very sorry for your loss as well."

The Rams and the Boise State Broncos lost one of their biggest fans.

RIP, Cheri...
          -08-09-2017, 04:29 PM
        • ramsanddodgers
          A Week At The Gym: One Man's Story
          by ramsanddodgers
          This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular
          workout routine.

Dear Diary.

For my sixty fifth birthday this year, my wife (the dear) purchased a week
          of personal training at the local health club for me. Although I am still
          in great shape since playing on my college tennis team 45 years ago, I
          decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named
          Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and
          model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My wife seemed pleased with my
          enthusiasm to get started!
          The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress

MONDAY
          Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well
          worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me.
          She is something of a Greek goddess - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a
          dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the
          machines. She took my pulse after five minutes on the treadmill. She was
          alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attribute it to standing next to
          her in her Lycra aerobic outfit. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in
          which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very
          inspiring!
          Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, all though my gut was already
          aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to
          be a FANTASTIC week-!!

TUESDAY
          I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda
          made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air -- then she
          put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I
          made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I
          feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY
          The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying on the toothbrush on the
          counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a
          hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer
          or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Belinda was
          impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members.
          Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when she
          scolds, She gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt
          when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why
          the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered
          obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and
          enjoy life. She said some other crap too.

THURSDAY
          -09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
        • txramsfan
          Feeling down? Read this.....from PB, MO
          by txramsfan
          http://www.darnews.com/articles/2005/05/24/news/news1.txt

PBHS grad shocked to see mom there: A walk to remember

PBHS graduate Eric Scott poses for a picture with his mother, Sandra, who has Multiple Sclerosis. Scott had no idea his mother would be attending the 2005 graduation ceremony Thursday. (DAR/Paul Davis)
          By JACKIE HARDER ~ Staff Writer
          All those years Eric Scott wore a Poplar Bluff Mules uniform, whether it was football, wrestling or track - his biggest fan was never in the stands to cheer him on.

Eric's mother, Sandra, never attended any honor assemblies or awards banquets. She never came to any of Eric's JROTC competitions. She didn't get to see her only son make the grand march at senior prom.

For the most part, Sandra has missed all the "big events" in her son's life. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis about the same time she became pregnant. Over the past 18 years, her disease has progressed to the point where she has been bed-bound for years. She must have an ambulance bed in order to be transported, as well as be accompanied by a medical aide or her husband, Keith.

Though Eric often brought home video tapes for his mom to watch, Sandra would have given anything to have been there in person. As his high school graduation approached, Eric had no reason to think this event would be different.

But thanks to the thoughtfulness of friends and the kindness of strangers, Sandra was given the opportunity to attend Eric's graduation last Thursday at the Black River Coliseum.

"I had no idea she would be there until I walked in the door. It was awesome," Eric said. "It's hard to explain in words what that meant. It was amazing."

Sandra, too, has a difficult time putting her feelings into words, mainly due to her loss of motor skills. Even so, her emotions are written all over her face.

"It meant the world to me," she said. "I am so proud of him."

She has every reason to be proud. Eric earned a full-ride, four-year JROTC scholarship to attend Arkansas State University this fall. He has eight varsity letters and graduated with a college prepatory certificate. Sandra and Keith Scott's walls are covered with Eric's awards and honors, dating back to his days on Little League baseball teams.

"But I don't think we could have been prouder than we were at graduation. We are so thankful she got to go," Keith said, smiling at his wife. "I know it meant the world to her. Eric will only graduate from high school one time ..."

"And I got to see it," Sandra said, finishing her husband's thoughts.

The idea of bringing Sandra to the PBHS Class of 2005 graduation ceremony was that of Patty Boyers. Boyers became acquainted with the Scott family a few years...
          -05-24-2005, 01:58 PM
        Working...
        X