I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am the thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glint in the snow.

I am the sunlight on the ripened grain.
    I am the autumn's gentle rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush.
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there,
    I did not die.

---- Hopi Indian Prayer

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bruce=GOAT
    Too early to mow
    Bruce=GOAT
    I have been working the night shift lately and get off at 8 am. I am just interesting in getting some opinions on what time is acceptable to mow my lawn? Is 9 am too early? I don't want to wake my neighbors. I live in a subdivision with neighbors all around and don't know the proper ettiquette.
    -07-27-2006, 09:45 PM
  • AlphaRam
    I Am Honoring My Wager With Okie
    AlphaRam
    I am honoring my wager with okie which means that I will not be in here for 30 days.

The Whiners won fair and square but in my mind they always suck.

See everyone in 30 days.
    -09-17-2006, 05:12 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Boondocks... what am I missing?
    AvengerRam_old
    I've tried to watch the TV version of the Boondocks.

Help me out here. What am I missing? Its not funny, its not clever, and I find its "message" questionable at best. Frankly, its annoying and boring.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
    -01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Who am I?
    AvengerRam_old
    I've been around a long time, but have never been the biggest of my kind. Decades ago, I had steady riders, but was rarely overly full or completely empty. Eventually, I headed East. A few rode along, and many others hopped on when I arrived. Then, for many years, my load became lighter and lighter.

Suddenly, as the century turned, I found myself almost overloaded. It was a new experience for me, but I liked it. I hoped it would last forever. Instead, in a few short years, my desired burden decreased.

Now, I sit idle, but it seems like maybe there might be new riders ready to be carried along. I hope my workload increases quickly, and stays heavy for many years to come.
    -06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
  • THOLTFAN81
    Am I going crazy?
    THOLTFAN81
    Am I going crazy, or did anyone take Grudens comments Monday night as sort of an on air interview for the Rams job? He covered the Jags Chargers MNF game post Del Rio firing and never made the comment "If I came here as the next head coach ...." But he made it a point to make the comment on air Monday night about the Rams, multiple times if Im not mistaken.

Maybe we do have a shot at one of these big name coaches.

Am I just being blinded by my desire to get Gruden (My #1 choice), or did anyone else get this vibe as well?

Yes
    63.89%
    No
    36.11%
    -12-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Working...
X