2008 AFL2 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 AFL2 Discussion Thread

The defending champion, Tulsa Talons, tromped the Amarillo Dusters 69-13 tonight in a lopsided match that was 35-0 at halftime.

Re: 2008 AFL2 Discussion Thread

The Talons extinguished the Boise Burn by a score of 65-28. Tulsa goes on the road to face the only team to beat them last year, the Arkansas Twisters. Tulsa lost both games against Arkansas last year and are wanting some payback against those hillbillies.

Comment

The Talons went to Arkansas and staged a comeback to beat the Twisters 64-60. Arkansas was up 60-57 with 12 seconds left. The Talons drove down the field and won the game.

We play the OKC Yard Dawgz this coming saturday.

Comment

The Tulsa Talons scored early and often to take out their in-state rivals from Oklahoma City with ease, 70-34, Saturday night at the Tulsa Convention Center.

Comment

The Talons improved to 5-0 after beating the Lubbock whatever they are called 69-53. The Talons have beaten each team within our division. Lubbock was undefeated until this game tonight.

Comment

The Tulsa Talons defeated the Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings, 57-43, Saturday night at the Tulsa Convention Center in a rematch of the 2007 National Conference Championship.

The BattleWings do not have Quincy Carter anymore. Still, the Talons trailed going into the 4th quarter and scored 29 points. The Talons are now 6-0.

Comment

The Manchester Wolves gave the defending ArenaCup Champion Tulsa Talons all they could handle for 60 minutes, but Talons K Luke Phillips drilled a game-winning, 25-yard field goal as time expired to escape Manchester with a 59-56 victory. The win keeps Tulsa perfect through the halfway point in their season at 8-0.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Talons lost to the Bossier City-Shreveport battlewings to break an unbeaten streak of 16 games.

Comment

The Tulsa Talons got back to their winning ways on Saturday night with a 70 to 40 win over the Lubbock Renegades. Tulsa was coming off of their first loss of the 2008 season and first in 16 games dating back to last season. The Renegades rode a four game winning streak into town and with a win would join Tulsa on top of the af2 Central Division standings.

Comment

Tennessee Valley Vipers looking great this year, just beat Lexington 64-48 Friday night and are now at 7-3 after starting off 0-3. They are playing great football right now.

Comment

Right now, my Talons are beatin the Iowa Barnstormers....Kurt Warner's old team.

Comment

I'm a bit confused on the current Barnstormers. I know they moved to New York, and became the New York Dragons a while back, and I thought they took their history with them. Kurt Warner is actually still on their roster on the exempt list, according to the official New York Dragons site.

Placed On Exempt
                        No.PlayerPositionHt.Wt.College
                        4Furrey, MikeOS 6-0 185 N. Iowa
                        11Kaesviharn, KevinDS 6-1 180 Augustana
                        13Warner, KurtQB 6-2 220 Northern Iowa

So did the "new" Barnstormers take the history of the "old" Barnstormers, like the Cleveland Browns did in 1999 (the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens, which are just considered a new team from the time they moved to Baltimore)?

My Vipers won 55-35 tonight against Quad City. Now at... 8-4 and looking good to finish the season strong.
                        Last edited by Keenum; -06-20-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

The Talon won again last night and are 11-1 for the year. 4 more games in the regular season but I believe we have our division won.

Comment

The Talons lost to the Dusters of Amarillo Saturday night. Our QB is injured so we are struggling. We face our rivals, Arkansas Twisters in the next game.

Comment

Vipers won 73-21 over Daytona Beach, clinched a playoff berth, and if they beat South Georgia this week, they will have won the American Conference South Division Championship.

Comment