Kurt Warner hall of fame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner hall of fame

It's for his arena team.. the ole stormers.. He is also begining his broadcasting debute.. watching it now.. he doesn't sound to bad at all

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
    Do you consider Kurt Warner Hall of Fame worthy?
    Nick
    This was brought up on a few other football message boards I used to post at, and I thought perhaps it might make an interesting discussion topic here now that the Rams-era of Warner's career is over.

Some have suggested that what Warner has done in his career as a starter makes him worthy of consideration for the NFL Hall of Fame. As we all probably know, Warner boasts the highest quarterback rating of any QB to ever play the game (based on a minimum of 1,500 attempts), and few would disagree that what Kurt and the Rams offense did from '99-'01 was nothing short of amazing.

But do you feel that he's accomplished enough in his career to be worthy of consideration for the NFL Hall of Fame?
    Yes, he deserves consideration and enshrinement because of what he accomplished in his career.
    66.67%
    He should be considered, but I don't think he's worthy of being enshrined.
    16.67%
    Kurt Warner should neither be enshrined or considered as a Hall of Fame player based on his career thus far.
    10.71%
    I'm undecided on the issue.
    5.95%
    -06-02-2004, 01:30 PM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Is Kurt Warner a Hall of Fame player?
    AvengerRam_old
    This question has come up a lot with Kurt's MVP performance this year in Arizona. Certainly, Kurt's path to a potential HOF induction has differed from the typical path but, looking at it objectively, how does he rate?

Here are a few interesting stats I came up with:
    • Kurt has a higher career passer rating than many HOF QBs, including (just as examples) Dan Fouts, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman and Joe Namath.
    • Kurt has more TD passes and fewer interceptions than Aikman and Staubach had in their careers.
    • Kurt has more career passing yards than Staubach, and will pass Namath this year.
    • Kurt's completion percentage of 65.7 is better than all the HOF QBs listed above.
    If Kurt wins the MVP this year and wins a playoff game this year, I think his resume will be HOF-worthy even if he never plays again. Why he'd retire now, I have no idea. He can certainly play at a high level for another 2-3 years, thereby bringing his career totals to an undeniable HOF level.

So... is he a HOF player? Absolutely.

Only two questions:

1. Does he go in as a Ram, Giant or Cardinal?

2. What will Matt Leinart do?
    -11-19-2008, 10:52 AM
  • sosa39rams
    BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Warner Voted into Hall Of Fame
    sosa39rams
    It's official, Kurt Warner is officially a hall of famer! Sucks that Reverand Ike and Torry didn't get in, though. Hopefully soon.
    -02-04-2017, 06:06 PM
  • bruce4life
    Is Kurt Warner a H.O.F.???
    bruce4life
    This could be in NFl talk but since Kurt Warner might be the best Rams QB of all time and he is still loved by all Rams Fans i'm posting it in Rams talk. Is Kurt a Hall of Famer? He has all the stats, the Super Bowl appearances, and that special want to that a player brings to the NFL.

Kurt is a 2 time MVP and has 3 superbowl appearances. He has the top 3 yardage numbers in Superbowl history. He is in top 5 in 300 yard passing games and % numbers.

IS HE A HALL OF FAMER?
    -02-01-2009, 08:36 PM
  • sosa39rams
    Kurt Warner and Isaac Bruce Finalists for Hall Of Fame
    sosa39rams
    Both have gotten through onto the next round of the Hall of Fame voting. Let's hope 1 if not both can get in this year! Feel terrible for Torry, he'll have his time though.
    -01-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Working...
X