Wow, what a punch to the gut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a punch to the gut

Mountaineers don't play well against Texas through the first half but somehow find themselves in the game as time ticks down. A clutch three point shot from Pittsnogle gave me hope, only to have it torn away with Texas' own buzzer beater. I can't think of a more heart-breaking way to lose in the Sweet 16.

Re: Wow, what a punch to the gut

Originally posted by Nick
    Mountaineers don't play well against Texas through the first half but somehow find themselves in the game as time ticks down. A clutch three point shot from Pittsnogle gave me hope, only to have it torn away with Texas' own buzzer beater. I can't think of a more heart-breaking way to lose in the Sweet 16.
    I feel for you dude. I was all too ready to join you in the heartbreak until my Bruins somehow managed to pull off an incredible win from the jaws of defeat. WV had a great season. I can't think of a more heart-breaking way to lose in the Sweet 16 either. That was brutal.

Comment

Thank god duke finally lost.

Comment

I graduated from George Mason and I can't believe they are still in it.

Sorry that those Mountaineers did not pull through for you this time Nick.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RAM-BO
          Thank god duke finally lost.
          Yeah baby My Bayou Tigers were Greeeeaaaatttt!

Sorry Nick, I was hoping to make a friendly wager for some crawfish and beer, etc.

I know your pain all too well.

Hopefully we will battle Texas and relieve them of their triple crown aspirations.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
          Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
            Wow
            by RamDez
            what a game.

Sucks we lost but what a game
            -10-15-2006, 01:23 PM
          • sjacksonrules
            I won't do it twice in the same year and I hope you join me
            by sjacksonrules
            I am ashamed to admit it but I am a STL Cardinals fan that switched it off when they hit 10 and a half games back with about little over a month to play. It seemed like a near impossible feat so I stopped watching every game and switched my attention to the Rams who were in Pre season at the time. I started watching again towards the end when it looked like there was some hope at all but fact is I "gave up" and that was wrong. The team proved me wrong.

Well fast forward and here the Cards are not only made the playoffs but took the whole thing. Now I am not saying the Rams are going to win the superbowl just to be clear. But what I am saying is I won't give up till the fat lady sings. The fat lady was warming up on the Cards so I gave up but that lady never did sing her song. Which I now regret not believing.

That leads me to the 1-6 Rams. The fat lady hasn't sung yet so I refuse to give up on this season. I believe that we can still do this. We need a little luck to be on our side but it can be done. We actually can still have a winning record if we play our cards right. I hope the STL Cards helped the Rams this year by showing them don't give up and you never know what will happen.

We need to sneak into Arizona and pull out a win. Just take one game at a time. If Washington could help us out that wouldnt be to bad either lol.
            -11-03-2011, 10:23 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            I have not lowered my standards... Have you?
            by AvengerRam_old
            Woo-hoo!!! The Rams won again!!!

I mean... sure... it was a skin-of-the-teeth win against a really bad team, but hey...

A win's a win!!!!

Meh.

Sorry, but mark me down as "unimpressed." I didn't see a team rising up from the depths of an abysmal start. What I saw this week was a team making the same mistakes, missing the same opportunities, and failing to adjust. Yes, the game ended with a game winning interception, but be honest. How many, when the ball left Dilfer's hand, feared (or even expected) that the game would instead be lost on that play?

Its not that I don't get that any win, even an ugly one, beats a loss. I do.

But I refuse to lower my standards so much that I will get overly excited about a poorly played game in a lost season, even if it ends with a win. I expect more. In another thread, someone suggested (though it seemed more of an accusation) that I still think this is a good team. I can't say that. Right now, the Rams are not a good team. But I also don't think they are this bad. I think that, even with the guys now playing, this team can be better than what we're seeing on the field.

I'm not going to play the blame game here. I've done that enough. I simply am saying that I'll never be content with a win that comes only because the other team played even worse than the Rams. I want to see quality play. I want to see progress. I want to see something that will give me hope for the future.

I didn't see that yesterday.

So, yes, I'm happy the Rams won. But I really don't feel any better about the team.

Do you?...
            -11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
          • AvengerRam_old
            When all else fails, lower your standards.
            by AvengerRam_old
            I'm through being disappointed with this team. From this point on, I have no expectations for the Rams this year. I can no longer be disappointed. The team will either meet my expectations or I will be pleasantly surprised.

You buying this?

Not sure if I am. That nagging little voice that says "don't give up hope - the Rams can still make the playoffs!" can still be heard. The voice is faint, and its tone far less confident, but its still there, isn't it?

NO! I will not allow this team to break my heart again! I will not give in to the temptation of false hope! I will resign myself to the fact that the best thing you can say about this team is that it has a group of players who, with the right free agent additions and draft choices, might form the core of a future playoff team.

I will let go of this season... my heart will grow cold. I will no longer care.

Um... what time is the game on Sunday?
            -11-14-2006, 07:43 AM
          • jdpbmo
            Lets save all the
            by jdpbmo
            proud of our boys, what a great year, we had some terrific accomplishments, and all that other crap for another day. What kind of defense did they play on that drive? How can you go into a "back up and let them get chunks of yards at a time" defense? What exactly was Lovie calling? I am filled with a tremendous amount of negativity right now just because of the embarrasement we showed for 3 quarters in the biggest game of the year. That forth quarter we showed how good we could be, but then in an instance we let a snot-nose drive right up the field with practically no time on the clock and no timeouts to use. How can anyone justify or rationalize what happened out there? Certainly not by the "thanks for the terrific year boys" or "now we've got something to build on for next year"? Congrats to the Pats for doing what they had to. Their defense was super for 3 quarters and their game plan worked to a tee. Not one player on their team was outstanding until the last drive of the game when Brady was unstoppable and Vinetari was gold. When the Rams scored to tie it up I told my wife that the two problems the Rams had were first, Troy Brown was an outstanding return man and we needed to prevent him from getting a big return. Second, I told her that they had the best field goal kicker in the game and there was still about a minute and 22 seconds left. Now if I am a big football fan, yet far from coach material, wouldn't you think the Rams players and the coaches would be aware of these two very crucial things. I hope to god they weren't in some sort of prevent in the end.
            -02-03-2002, 08:14 PM
          Working...
          X