LSU got ripped off too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU got ripped off too!

You think OU got ripped off but LSU had at least three bad calls, one being a missed pass interference in the endzone with two being overturned by the umpire(?), one while the Bayou Bengals were driving late in the game.

A great game but a pitiful performance by the officiating crew that should be sent to the Slack 10 or fired, which is worse? for their punishment.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Re: LSU got ripped off too!

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one disgusted by the officiating. To me those particular calls were just as bad as the ones in the OU game. I guess thats why they call it home field advantage.

How do you make a call in the final seconds of a game and then without a review decide that it was a no call? Why wasn't it reviewed? I mean when you watch the replay it is quite obvious that the Auburn CB was hanging on the LSU WR before the other Aubrun player tipped the ball. They had just made the same call earlier in the 4th and the ball was nowhere near the Auburn wideout. Very peculiar....I guess college football isn't going to persue it based on the OU debacle. Can't have two F*&k ups in the same weekend.

Fine 'em, Fire 'em, but don't pretend like it didn't happen!!!!
    sigpicMaybe not now, but soon.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jdpbmo
      reviewing calls from the booth
      by jdpbmo
      Okay, enough is enough. I can usually sit by and hold my piece, but I am so tired of this idiotic process the NFL uses to review calls. It isn't that I'm against the reviewing of questionable calls. I am 100 % for it. I want the call to be right. A noncall or wrong call shouldn't cost a team the game. It all came to a head in the Detroit/GB game when they didn't bother reviewing the touchdown late in the game. How crazy was that? If I was in charge of that part of the game, there would be some people looking for work tomorrow. My main problem with the process is that you are asking officials that make a call, or maybe don't make a call, to reverse their own decision. You are asking them to second-guess themselves or perhaps members of their crew. Now we can sit there and say "well, so what if they have to reverse a call to get it right". Hey, news flash, these officials have egos. They don't want to come out and say "sorry everyone, we just blew that last call". So they look at the replay to satisfy us, then come back and say "indisputable evidence to reverse the call on the field". That's a load of crap. There have been plenty of calls that they show that need to be reversed, but until you get a seperate crew of 2 or 3 people in the booth who do nothing but review a call when it's challenged, you will continue to see this craziness happen. Why wouldn't you have people not associated with the officiating crew reveiwing these calls? If you did, you would find a number of calls overturned when it's obvious they are wrong. You would find calls that are legitimate standing as good calls. People would be satisfied for the most part. Except for the Z E B R A S. They will find they are making a call or two incorrectly in important situations. But you know what else you are doing? You are taking some responsibility from them. What does everyone think? jd
      -11-25-2001, 07:37 PM
    • 01d 0rd3r
      The Refs
      by 01d 0rd3r
      This is not meant to be a cop out, our offense didnt play up to snuff although i dont think they were horrible. Our play calling was beyond bad on some plays, and just what we needed on other plays (the screen to jackson on the final game tying drive).

But seriously the refs are making me sick to my stomach. These BS pass interference calls are getting on my nerves. The holt catch that was clearly out of bounds to anything that has eyes. How can this happen in a leauge were the refs are relied upon to make this game fair? I am begining to think that goodal wants another 0-16 team so he can pressure us into moving to LA.
      -10-18-2009, 03:18 PM
    • Barry Waller
      The Immaculate Reception and Bert Emmanuel Play Complaints Don't Hold Water
      by Barry Waller
      Watching this show about the most unbelievable play in NFL history, that started t alk of replay and changed the rule book. Of course every RAider and Raider fan is screaming bloody murder to t his day, about what they say are t hree no calls on that play.

They claim the NFL wanted them to lose and they got cheated, but as I look at this play, after so many years, so many times, some t hings sem clear.

1. The Steelers did nothing intentionally deceptive or illegal, on that 4th and 10 play, they just got very very lucky, as lucky as anyone ever, especially since Franco Haris HAD to score on that play or time runs out. Now the Raiders? They actually DID intentionally cheat to win a game, with the fumbleroosky play, They Changed the rule on that deal too so it CAN'T happen again, as they did the rule on a touched ball, so one like the Immaculate reception would ALWAYS be good.

2. Conspriracy theory One, that Frenchy Fuqua touched the ball.
      Fact: The film is unclear who touche the ball, and the way it went backwards t hat far, shows that the impetus was caused by Jack Tatum trying to make a knockout hit, rather t han just stop the reception, or even just tackle Fuqua after t he catch.
      If he does that, game over time runs out.

Fact, even if Fuqua and Tatum both touched the ball, under old rule, still good, play continues. If called good by Referee with instant replay, video is clearly incomclusive. AND now under new rule, doesn't matter who touched the ball.

3. Villapiano wasn't clipped. The video does clearly show a hit from the side, at most a very borderline foul, one that would be roundly criticized if it were to decide a game. You must have a clear cut clip to make tht call.

Also with the ball going every which way, the greatest officials in the world would have a hard time having just the right view of that block, especially the umpire, who would have been the guy making that call from the middle of the field.

It was no more a clip that Az Hakim on the Ike Bruce TD play in the SB win.

And also, there is no assurance that the 6-2 220lb Villipiano, no doubt exhausted, so much that a weak block knocked him sideways, would have tackled the 6-2 230lb Harris, no doubt a much fresher player at that point.

It would have taken a Mike Jones effort.

4. "Harris trapped the ball" Again a very tough call for officials on such a play, and no evidence exists that it was a trap, or at least t hat the tip of t he ball touched t he ground. Once again that rule has been changed, the Bert Emmanual rule they call it. If ruled a catch, still a catch with replay, unless todays replays would show at least one clearer view.

Again, the refs have a split second to be looking in the right direction, and once the ball flies backwards, I doubt if anyone but Harris even sees it....
      -03-23-2013, 08:35 AM
    • Atlas
      Opinions on the job of the Refs today
      by Atlas
      How do you think the refs did in today's games? I think all the games ran very smoothly, except maybe the Raiders game. The Rams and Titans games went better then most. The Titans game had more flags then any other so far, I think. But all of them were right on the money. Typical Titans ball. ;) Looking forward to seeing how this little drama plays out. And also hearing what Jim Rome has to say about the NFL's new offer.
      -09-09-2001, 11:47 PM
    • RamWraith
      What about the Refs? -- Gap?
      by RamWraith
      Was it just me or did the Refs look like they were in preseason form Friday night? There was really marginal calls.

--Holts catch
      --The QB hit by Lewis
      --A couple of phantom pass interferences that went against the Skins
      --Hands to the face
      -08-30-2004, 09:31 AM
    Working...
    X