Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Down goes Louisville! Down goes Louisville!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down goes Louisville! Down goes Louisville!

The Rutgers @ WVU game just got MUCH more interesting.

Re: Down goes Louisville! Down goes Louisville!

What a great game! Rutgers awed me. If they can beat WV, they deserve a lot of respect, but they won't get it. I'm now officially off the Louisville bandwagon and on to Rutgers'.

Comment

Re: Down goes Louisville! Down goes Louisville!

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
      What a great game! Rutgers awed me. If they can beat WV, they deserve a lot of respect, but they won't get it. I'm now officially off the Louisville bandwagon and on to Rutgers'.
      HEy Nick, is Rutgers going to get by WV? lol

That really was a great game and I am stoked to see and say that strength of schedule really has some merit in college football. Louisville was good but not great with their patsy schedule. I am not trying to offend anyone but mvho.

This should create some headaches for the bcs dopes and the other kooks who state they are objective in determining the rankings.

Can you tell I am on the SEC and the LSU bandwagon? If LSU can run the tables from here, we should be in the top 10 for the bcs bowls. Which looks like Louisville should fall out below LSU, and with cal, sc and nd playing some tougher games down the road it looks like a possible scenario!
      Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
        Down goes LSU! Down goes LSU!
        by Nick
        Incredible game with Kentucky today, and the #1 ranked team gets knocked off.

We could be looking at Cal, Ohio State, South Florida, and Boston College as the top four teams in the NCAA after this weekend. Who could have predicted that!?
        -10-13-2007, 06:11 PM
      • RamsFanLSUMan
        Lsu Lsu Lsu Lsu
        by RamsFanLSUMan
        My Tigers are most likely in it! WOO! Sorry to you Mizzou fans out there. I was rooting for yall cause I hate Bob Stoops and OU.
        -12-02-2007, 02:23 PM
      • Nick
        Down goes USC! Down goes USC!
        by Nick
        Wow, HUGE upset by Oregon State. The top of the college football rankings are in for another shake up!
        -10-28-2006, 04:22 PM
      • DJRamFan
        Latest BCS a feel-good for Cal, upset stomach for Utah
        by DJRamFan
        Nov. 1, 2004
        By Dennis Dodd
        SportsLine.com Senior Writer
        Tell Dennis your opinion!

Good day for Cal. Not so good for Utah.

BCS Standings
        Team Rating
        1. Southern California .9895
        2. Oklahoma .9648
        3. Auburn .9238
        4. California .8050
        5. Wisconsin .7579
        6. Utah .7429
        7. Texas .7370
        8. Tennessee .7124
        9. Georgia .7019
        10. Miami .6530
        That's the summary of the latest BCS standings released on Monday. Cal made the most significant jump, up four spots to No. 4. If the season ended today, the Bears would be automatically qualified for an at-large BCS bowl berth, most likely the Rose.

"The Rose has to be absolutely giddy," BCS expert Jerry Palm said.

After the six BCS conference champions, there are two at-large berths. Those berths are guaranteed if a team or teams finish third and/or fourth in the BCS standings. Utah, which stayed at No. 6, would automatically qualify as a non-BCS team if it stays in the top six.

As things stand, the Rose Bowl would lose No. 1 USC to the Orange Bowl in the BCS title game. It is allowed to replace the Pac-10 champion, in that scenario, with another BCS-eligible from the conference. It looks like Cal will be eligible. It wants to finish automatic.

Advertisement

"I think they have a chance of holding on," Palm said of Cal.

The Bears (7-0) have games left against Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Southern Miss.

Palm doesn't have same feel-good vibe about the Utes. Utah, despite moving up in both human polls, slipped in the computers and is only .0059 of a point ahead of No. 7 Texas. Considering the strength of schedule of each team, Texas should be able to move up, if it keeps winning.

Texas (8-0) has Oklahoma State, Kansas and Texas A&M left. Utah has Colorado State, Wyoming and BYU.

"Basically what this comes down to is if the top seven win out, Utah is toast," Palm said.

It would be significantly harder for Utah to land a BCS berth if it was out of the top six. Though non-BCS teams in the top 12 are eligible, they are automatic if they finish in the top six.

Utah dropped 1 1/2 points in its average computer ranking (from 5.25 to 6.75) despite moving up two spots in both the AP and coaches polls.

"It goes to show you what can happen," Palm said. "Utah moved up two spots in the polls and dropped one in the computers even though two teams ahead of them lost. That's an indication of why they're not safe. There are no gimmes for them."

Elsewhere, there were no surprises in the BCS standings.

Auburn moved up to No. 3, matching its spot in both human polls, after...
        -11-02-2004, 03:31 PM
      • makersncoke
        Arch Rivalry
        by makersncoke
        Last night was one of the most entertaining games of the early college season. While most of the top 25 were playing cream-puff games against division 2 schools to pad their records for the BCS ,Mizzou and Illionois met again for each teams first game of the year. #6 against #20 that sounds like a late season bowl game instead of the first game of the year, with Mizzou coming out on top 52-42. Unfortunatly for the Illini they will fall from the top 25 due to this loss and will have trouble breaking the top 10 for the rest of the year even if they run the table. While USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma and the likes will all be 5-0 by the time they play a confernce game because the play teams like St. Mary's school for the blind in their non-conference schedule. I know every AD can schedule who they want but really, should'nt the NCAA regulate this somewhat. In a system where the nation champ is determined by the sportswriters rankings, shouldn't schools like Mizzou and Illinois be given some credit for stepping up to the plate and playing a real game early in the season.;)
        -08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
      Working...
      X