Noel Devine is a maniac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel Devine is a maniac

Anyone see him tonight versus Maryland? 5 carries, 136 yards. His first three rushes went for 125, his long for 76. Little guy is a lightning bolt out there.

Re: Noel Devine is a maniac

If you missed Devine's performance, you can see it here. Watch at the end of the video not only how he keeps running after being the victim of a 15-yard facemask, but also watch the close up of him juking Maryland defenders left and right on that final run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPlAnYWTbY

Comment

Re: Noel Devine is a maniac

It's simply incredible to watch him run. I saw his high school highlights a year or two ago and have been keeping an eye on him ever since. A friend of mine was lucky/smart enough to land Steve Slaton and Devine on his college fantasy football team. Team name: Devine Intervention (stolen from the headline of a good write-up on SI.com about him). I was glad to see that he made it into WV after some questions were brought up about his past and academic eligibility. Barring injury, he is a future NFL star for certain.

Here are his high school highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFtw630ZZ4

:l

-jake-

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
        Laquan "Megaquon" Treadwell Highlights
        by r8rh8rmike
        My kind of receiver, big, strong, aggressive, and athletic. Needless to say, I'm impressed:.

-03-02-2016, 02:22 PM
      • Richbert88
        Da'Rel Scot RB - A guy I like
        by Richbert88
        From Wes Bunting:

The stock of Maryland RB Da’Rel Scott is through the roof right now after timing [sic 4.34] forty time at the NFL combine. I’ve heard from several sources of him potentially getting a look late in round one. I don’t buy it personally, but you never know just how high a guy can rise after a good workout.

With that in mind I thought I’d do a prospect profile of Da’Rel Scott to see what people are saying about him.

Measurables

5-11 211 pounds. 4.35 40 yard dash.

34 inch vertical jump. 9.9 broad jump

3 cone drill 7.15

20 yard shuttle 4.20

20 yard dash 2.55

10 yard dash 1.55

19 reps on the bench press

Stats

Career: 430 attempts for 2,401 yards 17 touchdowns

2010: 122 attempts 705 yards 5 touchdowns

48 career receptions

Video

To see a highlight film from different games, it’s here on youtube. It’s being difficult and I can’t get it to show up in this space.

This second video is him vs Cal in 2009

Scouting Reports:

Sidelinescouting

Positives: Great combination of speed and strength… Isn’t big, but has a nice frame and runs low to the ground… Accelerates very quickly, explosive when he gets a seam… Keeps his legs driving, doesn’t go down easily… Very nice balance… A good inside runner… Displays a good burst through the hole… Willing pass blocker… Displays above-average hands out of the backfield… Does a good job of always moving forward, doesn’t dance too much through the hole… Should be a good change of pace back in the NFL in the same mold as Mike Goodson when he came out of college… Led all running backs at the combine with a 4.34 40-yard dash.

Negatives: Ball security is an issue, has had fumbling problems in the past… Isn’t particularly shift or creative in the open field, better as a straight line runner.Below average vision, tries to break everything to the outside and routinely gets swallowed up at the line of scrimmage… Major injury concerns, struggled with an ankle injury in 2007, a shoulder injury in 2008, and a broken forearm in 2009… Did not have a very prolific career at Maryland, eclipsed 1000 yards once, in 2008, and has only scored nine touchdowns over the past two years combined… Was suspended in 2008 for violating curfew… Was typically substituted out around the goal line, struggled in short yardage situations because he always tries to make the big play.

Wes Bunting

Looks a lot thicker on tape than his frame would suggest. Possesses good overall muscle tone through his upper half and is pretty well put together through his legs. Displays an explosive first step when asked to press the hole. Is able to instantly accelerate out of his stance and gets up to top-end speed quickly.
        -03-19-2011, 02:04 PM
      • hawaiianpunch
        Aaron brown college highlights
        by hawaiianpunch
        can check him out here. Aaron Brown HighLights - YouTube Seems a little undersized but his speed, techniques, and awareness are good. Keep in mind he is playing the WAC, but does stand out from the rest.
        -05-08-2012, 09:27 AM
      • MauiRam
        Possible sleeper in the late rds??
        by MauiRam
        School of hard knocks
        Injuries, adversity have made Ducks' Colvin stronger
        Posted: Friday March 14, 2008 9:35AM; Updated: Friday March 14, 2008 3:00PM

Speedy receiver Cameron Colvin showed flashes of brilliance in his career at Oregon and hopes to impress NFL types at the Ducks' Pro Day next week.
        Icon SMI

By Stewart Mandel, SI.com

Like a lot of college seniors, Oregon's Cameron Colvin has a job interview next Thursday. In fact, he'll be auditioning for multiple employers on the same day. Like most of those peers, Colvin would really like to ace his interview. In fact, he's spent the past several months preparing for it. Unlike the typical college senior, however, Colvin has to ace this interview. It may be his one and only chance to enter the profession of his choosing.

If things had worked out as planned for the former Ducks receiver, there would not be so much riding on this singular performance at his school's 2008 Pro Day, where he will run, lift, catch passes and perform other assorted drills in front of the watchful eyes of NFL personnel men. Like a Chris Long or Darren McFadden the audition would barely affect his draft status.

Colvin, however, was not even among the 330-plus players invited to last month's NFL Scouting Combine. The Web site NFLDraftCountdown.com lists him 61st among receiver prospects. TFY Draft analyst (and SI.com contributor) Tony Pauline puts it bluntly: "He's not going to get drafted."

Oh, and did we mention Colvin is still recovering from a broken ankle suffered last October?

If any of this has dissuaded the cheery, soft-spoken 22-year-old Pittsburg, Calif., native from pursuing his NFL dreams, he hasn't shown it. If so, he would not have spent the past two months shuttling back and forth between Eugene, where he is in the midst of completing a degree in political science, and Florida, where he trains with a former Olympic gold-medalist.

"I'm one of the most motivated people on the planet," said Colvin. "A lot of people go through their whole lives not knowing what they want to do. I've always known I was born to be an NFL receiver."

When you've endured as many personal tragedies and setbacks as Colvin, the thought of disproving an entire league full of skeptics probably seems like a walk in the park.

Over the past decade, football fans have become increasingly obsessed with two rituals that take place away from the gridiron: National Signing Day and the NFL Draft. Colvin's once-certain rise to stardom dovetailed somewhere between the former and the latter.

Four years ago, the De La Salle (Calif.) receiver was such a hot commodity that his Signing-Day press conference was broadcast live on SportsCenter. With his godfather and mentor, Jay Lightner, by his side, Colvin...
        -03-15-2008, 02:47 PM
      • RamsFanCK
        Scrimmage Highlights!
        by RamsFanCK
        Was up guys, ok so for this first post here I have to show off a little video I made. I hope
        you all enjoy it!

‪Ram It - Episode 3 - The Boys Are Back‬‏ - YouTube
        -08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
      Working...
      X