---Mock Draft ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ---Mock Draft ---

I know. I know that its only Week 3 of the NFL Season, but its concluding Week 4 of the College season! But never to early to start looking at potential prospects for the Rams.

So here we go.

Round 1. Pick 5. Kenny Phillips S Miami
    - Kenny Phillips is an absolute freak, people are saying that he is right up with the best Safeties in Hurricane history. People are saying that he is Sean Taylor minus the hitting, and also that he is better than the likes of Ed Reed and others. Playmaker, who is great in coverage and great in Run Support. Would be a great pick for us.

Round 2. Pick 5. Harry Douglas WR Louisville

Round 3. Pick 5. Duane Brown OT Virginia Tech

Round 4. Pick 5. Mike Klinkenborg MLB Iowa

Round 5. Pick 5 Aadam Oliver DE georgia tech

Round 6. Pick 5 Bobby Byrd OG Washington State

Round 7. Pick 5 Josh Johnson QB San Diego

Re: ---Mock Draft ---

Now, lets talk Phillips. Fantastic player comes from a college with a fantastic history for starting safeties. If i'm not mistaken, the last two prospects taken in round one were Ed Reed and Sean Taylor.

Tackling, or, hitting, as you've said may be a concern, and it is a very legitimate issue for this secondary at the moment. Did you see what happened when Corey Chavous missed that tackle on Frank Gore? BANG! 43 yards and Rams lose by a point.

Still, you don't pass up that much talent when it's available, and his tackling is still very solid. They didn't come out much better than Taylor in those stakes.

I'm not sure how much I like a reciever in the second round, pending Bruce's retirement. Next year is his last year on contract, so I expect to see him go.

The funny thing is, I look at our roster, and can't help but think we should be winning more games.

Also, look out for a TE somewhere on day 1, just because Linehan loves them so much. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him trade a first for Tony Gonzales based on his 'special teams' potential.

Comment

Re: ---Mock Draft ---

Until the Draft Forum is back up following the season, I'm going to move this kind of stuff to the College forum since it's primarily about college players.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RAMarkable
        RAMarkable's Final Rams Mock 2.0
        by RAMarkable
        Before getting started I'd like to post the Rams Mock 1.0 I did before the Combine.

1.) Aldon Smith DE Missouri

2.) Mason Foster OLB Washington

3.) DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma

4.) Jalil Brown CB Colorado

5.) Jeremy Kerney WR TCU

With less than one week to go my latest mock has some revisions and changes compared to the first one. So here we go....

Round 1 Cory Liuget Dt Illinois
        In my first mock I had Aldon Smith in this spot, and I would still take him here; but, alas, I'm not confident that he will be available when we pick as I've heard that Houston, Minnesota and Detroit are all very interested in him. If Smith is gone then Liuget is the pick.

Round 2 Mason Foster OLB Washington It's been kinda fun watching Foster move up the draft rankings during this draft process. From a middle 3rd rounder all the way up to the Rams at #46 he's been slowly rising with each passing week. I think this kid is going to start right after the ink dries on his contract. BTW this factored into my thinking as I believe the Rams are looking for the same kind of immediate starter like they got with their last two 2nd rounders-James Laurinitis and Roger Saffold. Foster fills a huge need and he starts now!

Round 3 DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma Personally I would strongly consider a safety at this spot, but, IMO, there is no way that Billy goes all defense with his first 3 picks. So I had to look for an offensive player that can contribute quickly and eventually push for a larger role in the future. Murray's only downside is his history of injuries, but I still think he'll be a better pro than Daniel Thomas, Shane Vereen or Jordan Todman.

Round 4 Jalil Brown CB Colorado or Greg Romeus DE Pitt If the Rams are somehow fortunate enough to land Aldon Smith then Jalil Brown is the pick in the 4th round. BTW the Rams have drafted a cornerback in each of the last 5 drafts and here the trend continues. However, if we end up with Liuget then I think the Rams take Greg Romeus here in the fourth round.

Yeah, I know that his senior year was ruined by a back injury that eventually required surgery; but I believe that this is a risk the Rams will be willing to take at this point in the draft. Remember that Romeus was considered to be at least a top 40 pick after his junior year so this pick has value written all over it. Besides, Steven Jackson came back rather nicely after his back surgery so the Rams may feel like rolling the dice with Romeus. At this point in the draft the reward certainly outweighs the risk.

Round 5 Kevin Williams OG Nebraska Back to the offensive side of the ball for Billy and the boys. Here is a guy that can sit for awhile and learn his trade and hopefully sooner rather...
        -04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
      • Milan
        My Rams First 3 Round Mock
        by Milan
        Round 1

Pick 2

Jake Long [OT] Michigan

Projected to go early in the first, the Rams need protection up front and Jake is the #1 rated OT coming out of the NCAA.

Round 2

Pick 2

Dan Connor [OLB] Penn State

Most mocks have him going late in the first, if he can slip, like Posluszny did last season we could have a great OLB on our hands.

Seeing as him slipping down is a big IF, I have another 2nd round pick prepared

Pick 2b

Chris Ellis [DE] Virginia Tech

The Rams need help with the pass rush and Chris Ellis could help fill the void.

Round 3

Pick 2

Josh Barrett [SS] Arizona State

The Rams need a long term SS solution, Barrett is 6'2" 225lbs, has good size, speed and coverage skill (Mainly press coverage skill).

Comments?
        -01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
      • RamsFan16
        4.11.07 Rams Mock Draft | No Trades
        by RamsFan16
        Round 1. Jamaal Anderson, Defensive End, Arkansas

Round 2. Aaron Ross, Cornerback, Texas

Round 3. Marcus Thomas, Defensive Tackle, Florida

Round 4. Jacoby Jones, Wide Receiver, Lane

Round 5. Chris Henry, Running Back, Arizona

Round 6. Leonard Peters, Safety, Hawaii

Round 7. Herbert Taylor, Offensive Tackle, T.C.U

Round 7. Nick Jones, Center, Georgia

Round 7. Zach Diles, Outside Linebacker, Kansas State

Comments?...
        -04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
      • Bralidore(RAMMODE)
        Bralidore's MOCK DRAFT: The Rough Draft
        by Bralidore(RAMMODE)
        Round 1: Ndamukong Suh DT: The House of Spears, will improve the entire defense if he can live up to even half of the hype he has garnered. Excellent strength that can increase, intelligent, uses hands very well, playmaker at DT.

Round 2: Sean Weatherspoon OLB: Side line to Sideline defender, can make things happen, can come in and start immediately and compliment JLau tremendously.

Round 3: Dexter Mccluster RB/WR: PLAYMAKER, I'd consider trading back up into the second round to acquire this guy... is one of those guys that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball, excellent agility and quickness, sick juking moves and change of direction skills, can be utilized at receiver, runningback, and special teams. Could be the Rams utility man. WARNING: Stock on the rise after performing excellent so far at Senior Bowl, could very likely go higher.

Round 4: George Selvie DE: Once considered one of the best pass rushers in college football, he has taken a fall from grace after greatly under performing this past season. Great Size and burst off the edge with good speed. Likely a steal this low and could quite possibly go higher.

Round 5 #1: Jimmy Graham TE: About as tall as it gets in the NFL. Converted basketball player with potential off the freakin' charts. Fast, Quick, Agile due to all that basketball learnin'. Good ball skills and run after the catch ability. Would be a project at Tight End but Daniel Fells can be serviceable in the meantime and If this guy can reach his potential we have Kellen Winslow/Antonio Gates Hybrid on our hands that's taller. If he's there TAKE HIM.

Round 5 #2: Danario Alexander WR: Great Size, outstanding leaper, very productive with run after the catch ability. Plays stiff sometimes and apparently has trouble getting in and out of his cuts. Doesn't seem to ahve the acceleration wanted for the position. could be a great Red zone threat and legit receiver with some more coaching. Injury History.

Round 6: Ciron Black RG/RT: Was highly touted before this season. Was a highly durable 4 year anchor on the line for LSU. Big (6'5 322) with good strength and a great run blocker. I'd move him inside as he has trouble with speed rushers and his strength is not at the tackle position IMO. Was seen by some to have been a first second round pick but has watched his stock plummet after under achieving and could possibly fall to us here. Would be great value at a position of need.

Round 7 #1: Legarrette Blount RB: Physical Downhill punisher, Has good speed to break one. Draft stock plummeted due to Boise State incident and character concerns. Physical Specimen with great size. Has steal written all over him.

Round 7 #2: BPA

Now of course this an ideal draft with an outside chance of happening. Will update accordingly. This is all assuming the Rams stay with the picks they have now and don't gain any additional o...
        -01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
      • eric2810
        Eric2810's Full Ram's Mock Draft
        by eric2810
        Thought I'd give my two cents!

1st Round. 16th Selection:

Johnathan Cooper
        Pair him up next to Jake Long, and that's the last time Sam the man Bradford ever has to worry about his blindside again. Warmack will most likely be gone, and despite the fact Fisher has never selected a first round Offensive lineman, I think this is the year he breaks the trend. Snead's adding talent on both sides of the line, I'll tell you what. Cooper is a great selection here.

1st Round. 22nd Selection:

Tavon Austin

Probably one of the most overrated ideas in football is size. Austin overcomes this with his play making ability, and becomes the WR we should of got in Desean Jackson a few years back. (Donnie Avery can play?) Austin instantly makes an impact all over the field.

2nd Round.

Matt Elam
        Around the same last in the draft last year, the Rams took a chance on a former DB from Florida. This year, they pair Elam with JJ. and we upgrade at the Safety position. Elam has alot of room to grow, but is a natural ballhawk who always finds his way around the football. NFL.com compares Elam to none other than: Quinten Mikell. I'll take Matt at a bargrain price with a higher upside.

3rd Round.

Johnathan Franklin
        the UCLA product is quick out of the backfield and runs north and south with little hesitation whatsoever. I'm not sold Richardson can carry the load fulltime, and Isaiah Pead still needs to find his role. Franklin will enter camp and compete, making a case to start on day one. Also has good hands as a receiver out of the backfield.

4th Round.

Ricky Wagner
        Nice Value Pick here in the 4th round. Could be used as insurance policy if Saffold wants out with a potential Jake Long signing, or could compete at any Guard or Tackle position. you can never have too many solid offensive lineman. Wagner has experience starting at LT for Wisconsin.

5th Round.

Johnny Adams
        a Solid CB for a michigan state defense."Reconsider me!"(Nice tune) johnny adams..

6th Round.

Michael Clay
        Probably one pick I'll be rooting for on draft day. Playing alongside Matthews and Dion Jordan throughout his career on defense, Clay didn't get much of the credit he deserved. at 5'11 and 232 pounds, he didn't even get invited to the combine. I could see him playing weakside LB free off the line next to Laurinaitis, and definitely making plays with a chip on his shoulder.

7th Round.

Marquess Wilson
        6'3 WR with great hands, needs to bulk up at the next level and generate better separation.

Thanks for checking it out brothas! Feedback would be much appreciated,...
        -03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
      Working...
      X