Mizzou will win big over OU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizzou will win big over OU

Mizzou should have won at Norman earlier, even had the lead going into the 4th quarter. However, they turned the ball over...something that they normally don't do.

The media is not giving the Tigers much respect. ESPN leads their college segment off by saying: "How can Ohio State get into the Championship game" instead of how the Tigers control their own destiny. It's like they have already given the game to OU. Won't happen.

Mizzou 41
    OU 10

Re: Mizzou will win big over OU

I agree Tx, Mizzou looks dominant and should take care of OU. I love the fact that the Tigers control their own destiny and can't be screwed by any media voters who don't think Mizzou is for real or worthy of a spot in the BCS Championship.

Comment

Go Tigers. I agree with you TX. We need to avenge our only loss and upset the Big 10 / Ohio State homers in the media. We will be up again @ 0200 watching game over here. I just hope and pray that we play up to our potential and erase the errors of our last meeting. MIZZOU-RAH!!!

Comment

Egad, what a poor showing that was last night!! We'll be lucky to get an invitation to the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Bowl....

Comment

Originally posted by SFCRamFan View Post
          Egad, what a poor showing that was last night!! We'll be lucky to get an invitation to the Dow Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Bowl....
          I was disappointed too as I hate ou with a similiar passion. BUT UP GOES LSU, UP GOES LSU!!!!
          Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

OU came out and showed how you slow down the spread offense. They did a great job Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by fearlessone View Post
              I was disappointed too as I hate ou with a similiar passion. BUT UP GOES LSU, UP GOES LSU!!!!
              Wait until the national championship we'll see where LSU will be going. THE Ohio State isn't going to just let LSU walk all over them like they did Florida last year and I'm sure the players are getting as mad as the fans about hearing about this supposed speed of the SEC.

Comment

BOOMER SOONER!

I am AlphaRam and I approve of this message.

Comment

Originally posted by rams_fan81 View Post
                  Wait until the national championship we'll see where LSU will be going. THE Ohio State isn't going to just let LSU walk all over them like they did Florida last year and I'm sure the players are getting as mad as the fans about hearing about this supposed speed of the SEC.
                  We will have to wait but until then we can all be in shock and awe of the osu schedule and their peers' in their conference.

Did osu let Florida "walk" all over them last year because it looked more like a stampede after Ginn's TD. I think they even took a knee at the end of the game just like LSU did on Notre shame's ego at the Sugar Bowl.

I guess both teams were dominated by SEC teams with average speed.

New year new game, good luck!
                  Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DJRamFan
                    Michigan football comes up big in must-win games
                    by DJRamFan
                    By Stephanie Wright Michigan Daily
                    Ann Arbor, MI (U-WIRE) -- It was a combination of relief and redemption.

Seconds after Garrett Rivals's field goal sailed through the uprights, the Michigan sideline emptied. Players gathered in a circle and started chanting, "It's great to be a Michigan Wolverine" as they jumped around and pumped their fists in the air.

A week's worth of pressure had just disappeared.

"When Michigan State is ranked ahead of you and you're Michigan, it's not good," tailback Mike Hart said. "There's pressure there. That's just pressure in itself. If Michigan had lost, it would have confirmed every criticism aimed at the program this season. Spread offenses own this defense. Chad Henne has succumbed to the sophomore slump. Lloyd Carr can't coach. Michigan isn't the powerhouse it used to be.

But by beating the Spartans in overtime for the second straight season, the Wolverines proved all their critics wrong.

No one expected this Michigan team - which blew leads against Notre Dame and Wisconsin - to hold on against the Spartans' high-powered offense. But Henne matched Drew Stanton throw for throw, and the defense allowed 21 points - 28 fewer than Michigan State's season average.

No one expected Hart to be so spectacular in his return from injury, or wide receiver Carl Tabb to step up in place of the injured Steve Breaston. But Hart, Tabb and the rest of the offense wanted this game and accumulated 488 yards of total offense - the most it has gained in a contest all season.

And certainly no one expected Carr to go for it on back-to-back fourth downs late in the game.

But we should have expected nothing less. After all, it's been a long time since Michigan lost a game it absolutely had to win.

Let's be honest: As much as we wish it could, even a program as storied as this one can't expect to win a national title every year. Teams have little control over their destinies in the BCS; it's not fair to call this season a failure simply because Michigan won't win a national title.

Carr recognized long ago that winning the Big Ten should be the Wolverines' ultimate focus, and, in case you forgot, he's led his team to five conference titles in the past eight years. I'll guarantee Michigan will never give up its title without a fight under Carr.

Notre Dame is a big game every year, but it's not really a must-win, because losing it doesn't affect Michigan's chances for the conference crown. In this era of parity in the Big Ten, teams can still win the title with one conference loss. True must-win games don't begin until after Michigan has a Big Ten loss. And this is when the Wolverines are most dangerous.

The 2003 season is a perfect example. Michigan recorded two early losses to Oregon and...
                    -10-03-2005, 05:25 PM
                  • AvengerRam_old
                    Which College Will Win It All?
                    by AvengerRam_old
                    Who will be tops in the end?
                    USC
                    25.00%
                    Oklahoma
                    25.00%
                    Miami
                    12.50%
                    Auburn
                    25.00%
                    Wisconsin
                    12.50%
                    Florida State
                    0.00%
                    Georgia
                    0.00%
                    Texas
                    0.00%
                    Michigan
                    0.00%
                    Other (list below)
                    0.00%
                    -10-19-2004, 02:46 PM
                  • DJRamFan
                    Northwestern needs to win out to go bowling
                    by DJRamFan
                    Nov. 15, 2004
                    SportsLine.com wire reports

EVANSTON, Ill. -- Northwestern goes into its annual game against in-state rival Illinois after a disheartening loss to Michigan and needing a victory just to qualify for a bowl game.

Advertisement

Sound familiar? It should.

"Ironically, we find ourselves in the same place we were in a year ago," coach Randy Walker said Monday. "I don't want to dwell on things that are in the future. But we do find ourselves, ironically, in the same place we were a year ago. Almost exactly. So OK, we've been here before. We know how to handle this."

Northwestern beat Illinois last year to even its record at 6-6 and qualify for a bowl game. This year, the Wildcats need seven wins to be bowl-eligible because they play a 12-game schedule. So at 5-5 (4-3 Big Ten), the Wildcats have to beat Illinois and Hawaii or they'll be staying home for the holidays.

Though Walker has preached the "one-game-at-a-time" mantra all season, he broke his own rule at the team meeting Sunday night. Some of his coaches had said he shouldn't even bring up a bowl game, but Walker decided to spell out the different scenarios just so his team knew exactly what was at stake.

Northwestern could win out and qualify for a bowl. It could win its last two games, finish a bowl-eligible 7-5 and not be invited anywhere.

Or the Wildcats could lose one or both of the last two games and have to watch bowl games from their couches.

"I ended with a question. I asked them: `What are we playing for?"' Walker said. "I really went into the Michigan game believing we could win the Big Ten championship. ... But we didn't. We've got to let that go. There are still a lot of things left to play for."

And the Wildcats are well aware of what they are, even without Walker's speech.

Northwestern got off to a rocky start this year, losing three of its first four games, including a 48-45 heartbreaker in double overtime at TCU. But the Wildcats turned their season around with a milestone upset of then-No. 7 Ohio State. Since then they've won three of their last five, including another upset of then-No. 17 Purdue and their first victory at Penn State.

Thanks to a quirky season, the Wildcats still had a remote chance at a share of the Big Ten title going into last weekend's game at Michigan. But Michigan pulled away in the third quarter, turning what had been a close game into a 42-20 rout.

The loss eliminated Northwestern from Big Ten contention, and made the last two games must-wins for a bowl trip.

"It was one of those things where we almost had the momentum," Noah Herron said. "It was coming to us and we really just didn't grasp it. It was unfortunate. But at the same time,...
                    -11-16-2004, 08:49 AM
                  • txramsfan
                    Go mizzou
                    by txramsfan
                    Everyone, before you say anything, I grew up in Poplar Bluff, MO. I wen to school at Memphis State but grew up in Missouri. Went to at least 10 Mizzou games a year. Never missed Mizzou/Illinois. Was there during Stipo, Sundvold, Frazier and the boys. Remember when Bob Costas did the Mizzou games on the radio. I really hope they win it all.

However, my hometown has a tough decision to make if Mizzou - UNC play in the final. Tyler Hansbrough is from Poplar Bluff, know him but know his family better. I have no idea how that little town will handle this because PB is a hoops city.
                    -03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
                  • DJRamFan
                    It shouldn't be a surprise that the team backed Zook, a great recruiter who has often
                    by DJRamFan
                    Oct. 26, 2004
                    SportsLine.com wire reports

AUBURN, Ala. -- Tommy Tuberville would be shocked if a Southeastern Conference team went undefeated, won the league title game and failed to get a shot at the national title.

Advertisement

But it could happen -- to Tuberville's Auburn Tigers.

The third-ranked Tigers (8-0) are fourth in the Bowl Championship Series standings. Southern California has the top spot, followed by Oklahoma and Miami. For Auburn, winning out might not be enough to play in the Orange Bowl for the BCS title.

"I'd be shocked if a team ever goes through their schedule in the SEC and wins an SEC championship game, be 12-0 and not have an opportunity to win the national championship," Tuberville said. "I think you can just look at the teams in our league, it's very demanding."

Auburn can lock up a spot in the SEC championship game with a win Saturday at Mississippi, owning the West division title before its first open date next week. The Tigers then host No. 10 Georgia and visit Alabama, so while a spot in the league title game seems to be a lock, a perfect record is far from assured.

Any team that wins the SEC should get a shot at the national title, Tommy Tuberville says.(AP)
                    Just in case, Tuberville started his lobbying.

"LSU won the (BCS) national championship last year and had a loss in the conference -- at home," Tuberville said. "If we would have an opportunity to win all the way through, I don't think there would be much doubt we would have an opportunity.

"There would probably be some people who would think I'd be wrong about that, but that's the reason you have polls and the BCS to determine who has fought the toughest battle."

Auburn almost certainly needs at least one of the higher-rated teams to lose.

A rematch against either the Volunteers or Georgia would await for the league title game in Atlanta. Oklahoma also must survive a conference title game in the Big 12, while Miami still faces No. 13 Virginia on Nov. 13 and No. 22 Virginia Tech on Dec. 4. USC doesn't have a ranked opponent left.

Tuberville said for Auburn to win the SEC championship and not get at least a shot at a national title, "I'd say there would be something wrong with the system if that happened. The Big 12 playing the championship game, (it's the) same thing. That's just added pressure and a tougher schedule obviously."

Auburn won its only national championship in 1957. The last SEC team to win every regular-season game and not get a shot at the national title: Auburn in 1993, thanks to NCAA probation.

"We've got something special going on with this team," tailback Carnell Williams said. "We've got a chance to do some...
                    -10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
                  Working...
                  X