X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• txramsfan
    started a topic Go mizzou

Go mizzou

Everyone, before you say anything, I grew up in Poplar Bluff, MO. I wen to school at Memphis State but grew up in Missouri. Went to at least 10 Mizzou games a year. Never missed Mizzou/Illinois. Was there during Stipo, Sundvold, Frazier and the boys. Remember when Bob Costas did the Mizzou games on the radio. I really hope they win it all.

However, my hometown has a tough decision to make if Mizzou - UNC play in the final. Tyler Hansbrough is from Poplar Bluff, know him but know his family better. I have no idea how that little town will handle this because PB is a hoops city.

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Re: Go mizzou

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
    Shut up mike.....

Sorry..........

Leave a comment:

• txramsfan
    replied

Shut up mike.....

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied

Originally posted by txramsfan View Post
    Don't count out Mizzou. They shoot like that against UConn they win. UConn, those arrogant basta$#@. I hope they go down hard. Calhoun is one coach I can't get behind. He just seems to have 5 aces when you should only have 4, know what I mean?
    So NOW you have a problem with arrogance??

Leave a comment:

• txramsfan
    replied

Don't count out Mizzou. They shoot like that against UConn they win. UConn, those arrogant basta$#@. I hope they go down hard. Calhoun is one coach I can't get behind. He just seems to have 5 aces when you should only have 4, know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied

Poplar Bluff probably won't have to sweat their dilemma after Saturday Tx.

Leave a comment:

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
    Mizzou will win big over OU
    by txramsfan
    Mizzou should have won at Norman earlier, even had the lead going into the 4th quarter. However, they turned the ball over...something that they normally don't do.

The media is not giving the Tigers much respect. ESPN leads their college segment off by saying: "How can Ohio State get into the Championship game" instead of how the Tigers control their own destiny. It's like they have already given the game to OU. Won't happen.

Mizzou 41
    OU 10
    -11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
  • QUINNtessentialTruth
    Way To Go MiZZou
    by QUINNtessentialTruth
    Way to go.

....If the Rams ever pulled something like this, I would probably break my TV. Luckily it was Mizzou.
    -03-16-2012, 05:02 PM
  • txramsfan
    Arrogance and Memphis? Not anymore`
    by txramsfan
    With Calipari leaving for Kentucky, I guess you can take the "arrogance" tag off the University of Memphis Tigers. However, USC fans hope you aren't too comfortable with Tim Floyd. Rumor has it Memphis is willing to pay either him or Mike Anderson from Missouri 2.5 million to coach the Tigers. Currently, Floyd is making 600K playing second fiddle to UCLA and Anderson is only making 850K at Mizzou. Say what you want, but dollars do talk.
    -03-31-2009, 01:03 PM
  • DJRamFan
    Oklahoma awaits Iowa State or Colorado
    by DJRamFan
    By Jacob Brown Daily Texan
    Austin, TX (U-WIRE) -- It's not surprising the Big 12 North Championship depends on what happens in this weekend's games. What is surprising, though, are the two teams who still have a chance to win the division.

Either Colorado or Iowa State, both picked to finish near the bottom of the North, will play No. 2 Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship Game on Dec. 4.

The Cyclones are in if they beat Missouri Saturday or if Colorado loses Friday at Nebraska. The Buffaloes are in if they win and Iowa State loses.

"I've got to get those Tigers fired up," Colorado head coach Gary Barnett said, referring to Missouri.

While they were eliminated from the division title picture Saturday, the Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-5, 3-4 Big 12) still have a lot to play for. They need a win to become bowl-eligible and extend their streak of consecutive years with a postseason appearance to 36. They have also finished with a winning regular-season record every year since 1962.

"I think it's really important," Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan said of the streak. "It's significant in every respect, from morale, to spirit, to tradition, to recruiting. It all ties in, so we're going to do our best to keep that streak alive."

While the Cornhuskers hold a 44-16-2 overall edge in the rivalry, the Buffaloes (6-3, 3-4) have won two of the last three meetings, including a win at Nebraska in 2002. Barnett knows it won't take much to get his team riled up for Friday's contest.

"It's one of those games that I think the only thing I have to do is tell our players what time the bus leaves," he said. "Not much more has to be said."

Considering what the Colorado football team went through in its offseason, it was unexpected the team would be this position. But it might be even more astonishing if Iowa State (6-4, 4-3) makes the turnaround from a two-win season last year to a possible division championship this year.

The Cyclones' impressive play led Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel to praise the work of Dan McCarney, Iowa State's head coach.

"Dan has done a great job this year with the Iowa State football team. They really started off slow," Pinkel said, "[but now they are] just really playing well."

Iowa State lost its first three conference games but is currently on a four-game winning streak, with its last two wins coming against Nebraska and at Kansas State.

While the Cyclones have exceeded expectations this season, Missouri (4-6, 2-5) has been the most disappointing team in the Big 12. The Tigers opened conference play with a win over Colorado, but they have lost their past five games. Junior quarterback Brad Smith, a pre-season Heisman Trophy candidate, has had his worst season with the Tigers....
    -11-26-2004, 08:18 AM
  • DJRamFan
    Alma Maters
    by DJRamFan
    Ok, Division I-A is not the only college football so in that reason I am inviting people to talk about ALL football I-A through III. Feel free to talk about your alma mater or the college you currently attend (like me).

I'll get it started...I go to Slippery Rock University in PA (PSAC conference). We had four years with a stellar quarterback, but after he graduated, the two backups split time and needless to say it was a disappointment.

Our big rivals happen to be Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), who basically manhandled us this year after four years of our own domination...

Let's here about other schools...
    -12-18-2001, 01:32 PM
Working...
X