Major Applewhite ..... thank you .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach_Largent
    • Apr 2024

Major Applewhite ..... thank you .......

THAT was a great performance. Major was Major. it's too bad it came as a suprise to some people and it's too bad Mack couldn't pull his head from his axe before Simms threw two games away.
    I have never seen someone get as screwed over as he did and still be a team guy to the end. What a class act.

Congrats to Major on an outstanding career. I hope he gets a shot to play in the NFL, but know coaching is his future and it looks VERY bright. What an amazing kid.

I caught bits and pieces of it and finally turned it off when it looked like Texas couldn't catch up - as usual big mistake. Good job to Major, he's a smart guy and he should have a shot in the NFL, but coaching is probably best.

Comment

• txramsfan
      • May 2001

If you look up STUDENT ATHLETE in the dictionary, Major's pic would be right there. Also, if you look up class, again Major's picture is right there.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
        If you look up STUDENT ATHLETE in the dictionary, Major's pic would be right there. Also, if you look up class, again Major's picture is right there.
        Nice to see these days with athletes...

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• rams_fan81
          Roethlisberger in wreck
          by rams_fan81
          Here is the quote from the paper. It is hard to get to so I will just put the quote.

Heres the newspaper website:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_457685.html

I hope he can get better and it's not too bad anyone else have any information on this?...
          -06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
        • Bruce=GOAT
          Hulk Hogan: I thank God I'm alive
          by Bruce=GOAT
          http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...351002,00.html

WWE wrestling news – The LilsBoys' Over The Top Rope

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
          Hogan: I thank God I'm alive

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
          August 04, 2007

WRESTLING legend Hulk Hogan has lashed out at the industry which made him a megastar.

And he has demanded an end to the decades-long cover-up of steroid abuse in the sport.

Hogan, 54, took the muscle-enhancing drugs almost daily for 16 years during his career and says he can spot a user a mile off.

With more than 100 grapplers dying before the age of 50 in the last decade, he is begging others to face up to the crisis.

The Sun has been leading an anti-steroid abuse campaign since wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and seven-year-old son before committing suicide in June.

A handful of former stars have already spoken out and prompted US politicians to start investigating the industry.

But many in the WWE, the world's biggest fight franchise, deny there is a problem and have blasted their ex-colleagues as bitter failures who haven't wrestled in years.

They cannot same the same about Hogan, wrestling's equivalent of Pele or Muhammad Ali who was fighting for them just 12 months ago.

In an exclusive Sun interview, he said: "Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Oh God yeah. They have always been a part of the business. It's prevalent.

"But there's not some big mystery to it. Just open your eyes and it's there. You can look at a wrestler and pretty much tell.

"They will be above their weight range, with these big veins. My body weight is around 285lb, depending on how much junk I eat. Even if I was 25 and clean, I could probably only carry 300lb.

"Yet when I was wrestling I weighed anywhere between 320 and 340lb, because my body was full of water weight.

"My face was puffy, my arms were so bulky I couldn't touch my shoulders. You could take one look at me and know I was on something.

"Steroids have been around for ever in other sports too, but if we have to pick on somebody now then let's pick on wrestling.

"I'm glad the business is in the spotlight because they're probably the only ones smart enough, after being able to dodge it for so long, to know how to fix it."

The Hulkster added: "I remember up until the early 1990s any wrestler could walk into a doctor and they'd write you a prescription for steroids.

"Then there was a huge trial where WWE boss Vince McMahon was unfairly accused and rightly acquitted of distributing the drugs to his workers.

"This ushered in the era of wrestlers playing 'hide and seek'.
          -08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
        • ramsanddodgers
          Art Monk
          by ramsanddodgers
          was presented to the audience by his son.

Quite a moving speech and I was impressed by the man who was unveiled, at least unveiled to those who do not know him personally. It sounds as if he is as good an example of a human being as he was a football player.

Everyone is fallible and I am sure there are some pretty good stories and anecdotes out there but the overall person seems quite impressive.
          -08-02-2008, 06:23 PM
        • PA_gal_in_OK
          A PRICELESS moment.
          by Guest
          You got to love this guy... This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University. It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it.

It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception.

As a token of h is deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone
          a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man.

The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, 'F---you!' Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, 'I'm outta here.'

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning.

While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300-guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members.

This guy has balls the size of church bells.

Do you think we might get a MasterCard 'priceless' commercial out of this?

Elegant wedding reception for 300 family members and friends: $32,000.

Wedding photographs commemorating the Occasion: $3,000

Deluxe two-week honeymoon accommodations in Maui : $8,500.

The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10 glossy of the bride humping the best man: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MASTERCARD

-03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
        • VegasRam
          All the proof you need...
          by VegasRam
          There are a lot of posts out there, (pretty much a minority on this board, given our intelligence ;)) that "all eyes", or some such thing, are on Spags and Billy D, as in they still needto prove themselves and blah flippin' blah.

Got news for y'all - (believers and skeptics) - they already have.

Two words: James Laurinitis.

I won't say they got heat when they selected him, but there were plenty of "Ray Maluaga / Reach" comments after the pick. This guy right now, (on a team only two years that went 1-15, and 7-9), IS (while not a household name) well known and respected in the league. Guys - he's in NFL commercials - what does that tell you.

He is the heart of the D that the Rams have been missing almost ten years. That just shows me a lot of expertise in evaluating talent and character.

Plus - he's a cool dude.
          -07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
        Working...
        X