My Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Team

I just drafted my first of three teams for this season. This was more of a practice draft, but I'm happy with the results. Check it out:

Team Name: SuperNova

QB Michael Vick, Falcons
    QB Marc Bulger, Rams
    RB Clinton Portis, Redskins
    RB Thomas Jones, Bears
    RB Michael Bennett, Vikings
    RB Quentin Griffin, Broncos
    WR Koren Robinson, Seahawks
    WR Marcus Robinson, Vikings
    WR Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
    WR Ashley Lelie, Broncos
    TE Dallas Clark, Colts
    TE Anthony Becht, Jets
    K Ryan Longwell, Packers
    K John Hall, Redskins
    DEF St. Louis Rams

I decided to take an extra receiver because both Robinsons have the same bye week. I'll just go one week without a defense (0 points), but they can give you negative points anyway. For the Redskins, you gotta figure that on each drive either Clinton Portis or John Hall is gonna score. Simple as that.

Criticize at will.

Hey Jake,

Hey Jake,

Just Saw You Asked The Same Question (Here - As Well).

I Posted My Response To Your Question Already.
    Read It Here
    Did You Read It Yet ???

I'll Give You "Advice" If I Can....
    Let Me Know.

Karl

Comment

Re: Hey Jake,

Originally posted by Karl-Baker
      Hey Jake,

Just Saw You Asked The Same Question (Here - As Well).

I Posted My Response To Your Question Already.
      Read It Here
      Did You Read It Yet ???

I'll Give You "Advice" If I Can....
      Let Me Know.

Karl
      Trust me Karl, I won't need your advice. :king:

Hehe, nice hearin' from ya, buddy!

Comment

Jake,

Originally posted by Evil Disco Man
        Trust me Karl, I won't need your advice.
        Doh !!!

Comment

Re: Jake,

Here is my team in a small 8 team league:

Pos Player Tm
          QB M. Hasselbeck SEA
          QB J. Delhomme CAR
          RB S. Alexander SEA
          RB A. Green GB
          RB W. McGahee BUF
          RB R. Dayne NYG
          WR C. Johnson CIN
          WR R. Wayne IND
          WR L. Fitzgerald ARI
          WR A. Boldin ARI
          WR R. Williams DET
          TE K. Winslow CLE
          PK R. Longwell GB
          PK J. Hanson DET
          Def Patriots NE
          Def Buccaneers TB

I wanted the Ram's K and D, but they left right before I was going to get them.
          This space for rent...

Comment

Re: My Team

Other than the two Arizona receivers (you must really trust Dennie Green and Josh McCown), that's a pretty good team.

Comment

Just had a draft tonight for a Rampagers league, and this is how it turned out....

QB Matt Hasselbeck
              QB Tom Brady
              RB Duece McAllister
              RB Brian Westbrook
              RB M. Anderson
              RB T. Bell
              WR/RB Steven Jackson
              WR/RB Brandon Lloyd
              WR Randy Moss
              WR Steve Smith
              WR Isaac Bruce
              WR/TE Reggie Wayne
              TE Kellen Winslow
              TE B. Franks

K M. Stover
              K R. Longwell

DEF Carolina
              DEF Kansas City

Comment

Wow, Nick, that shore is a purty team.

Comment

Here are my other two teams, each in leagues with ten teams:

Team Name: The Mighty Bombjacks
                  QB Peyton Manning, Colts
                  QB Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
                  RB Shaun Alexander, Seahawks
                  RB Thomas Jones, Bears
                  RB Lee Suggs, Browns
                  RB T.J. Duckett, Falcons
                  WR Santana Moss, Jets
                  WR Javon Walker, Packers
                  WR Isaac Bruce, Rams
                  WR Marcus Robinson, Vikings
                  TE Antonio Gates, Chargers
                  TE Jim Kleinsasser, Vikings
                  K Josh Brown, Seahawks
                  K John Hall, Redskins
                  D Jaguars

Team Name: Renegades of Funk
                  QB Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks
                  QB Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
                  RB Ahman Green, Packers
                  RB Corey Dillon, Patriots
                  RB Thomas Jones, Bears
                  RB Julius Jones, Cowboys
                  WR Koren Robinson, Seahawks
                  WR Peerless Price, Falcons
                  WR Jimmy Smith, Jaguars
                  WR David Givens, Patriots
                  TE Bubba Franks, Packers
                  TE Antonio Gates, Chargers
                  K John Hall, Redskins
                  K Paul Edinger, Bears
                  D Rams

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tampa_Ram
                    Rams have tough choice with #2 pick
                    by Tampa_Ram
                    History proves Rams will have tough choice with No. 2 pick

By Vic Carucci | NFL.com

The St. Louis Rams are in a tricky spot.
                    With the second overall pick of the draft, they aren't under quite as much scrutiny as the Miami Dolphins, who own the top choice.
                    Photos ...
                    Last 20 No. 2 picks

More photos
                    But it's extremely close.
                    Theoretically, the Rams -- who haven't chosen this high since trading to No. 1 for Orlando Pace in 1997 -- are in position to land the second-rated prospect of the entire college crop. In a year such as this, where there is no consensus No. 1, they could very well end up with a player that they (and many other teams) actually rated higher than the first one chosen.
                    They also could end up with the messiest of uncooked omelet facials.
                    Miss on the second overall pick, and you can count on receiving every bit of the harsh and endless criticism that the team picking at the top can expect if its selection flops -- if not more.
                    Does the name Ryan Leaf ring a bell? He is the poster child for colossal draft busts. He also was a second overall pick (by the San Diego Chargers in 1998). Crazy as it sounds now, there were many NFL observers who actually believed that Leaf would become a better quarterback than the one taken ahead of him, Peyton Manning.
                    Maybe the name Tony Mandarich sounds familiar. Before Leaf came along, his was the face on the aforementioned poster. And, yes, he, too, was a second overall pick (by the Green Bay Packers in 1989). The player taken ahead of him, Troy Aikman, has a bronze bust in his likeness in Canton, Ohio.
                    Another historically poor No. 2 choice was Rick Mirer, selected by the Seattle Seahawks selected in 1993.

Of course, history shows that the second overall pick has produced its share of Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees as well -- eight to be exact.
                    The general feeling around the league is that with highly talented prospects such as defensive linemen Chris Long (Virginia), Vernon Gholston (Ohio State) and Glenn Dorsey (LSU), offensive tackle Jake Long (Michigan), and running back Darren McFadden (Arkansas), a team with a top-five pick should feel confident about getting a quality player. The Rams are planning to have all five, plus 25 other potential draftees, visit them in mid-April, less than two weeks before the draft.
                    "The magic of drafting isn't so much filling the needs of your roster, but getting guys that are going to help you win," Rams coach Scott Linehan said. "I think these guys are all going to be very good candidates for injecting some help to our team in some areas where I think we're going to need it."
                    The No. 2 spot also can be attractive to teams in the lower portion of the first round looking to trade up for a player who wouldn't likely otherwise be available to them. Such deals have happened three times...
                    -03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
                  • viper
                    Mora to interview for 'Skins head coaching position
                    by viper
                    Associated Press

Mora next to interview for Redskins coaching position

ASHBURN, Va. -- Seattle Seahawks defensive backs coach Jim Mora will interview for the Washington Redskins' coaching job Wednesday. "I think he is an excellent football coach," Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said Tuesday from Seahawks headquarters in Kirkland, Wash. "He is a great communicator. He has great enthusiasm. The players respect him -- that's all good."

Mora is among five known candidates to replace Joe Gibbs, who resigned last week. He's seeking his second head coaching job, having gone 27-23 over three seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, including an appearance in the NFC championship, before he was fired a year ago.

"He and I have talked a lot about Atlanta," Holmgren said. "What he thought happened in Atlanta, what I thought happened in Atlanta. And, if you remember what happened the first time around, you should be better."

Redskins assistant Gregg Williams, the leading in-house candidate, has had three interviews of varying formality with Redskins owner Dan Snyder, and Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz and at least one other candidate met with Snyder last week.

Interviews have also been planned for Indianapolis Colts assistants Jim Caldwell and Ron Meeks, either of whom would satisfy the Redskins' obligations under the "Rooney Rule" that requires teams to speak to at least one minority candidate.

Mora, Caldwell and Meeks all became available for interviews this week after their teams were eliminated from the playoffs.

Mora is the son of retired coach Jim E. Mora, who led the USFL's Philadelphia-Baltimore Stars and the NFL's New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts. The two Moras share the same first name, but not the same middle name.
                    -01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
                    Vikings | Berrian agrees to terms on six-year contract
                    by Guest
                    Vikings | Berrian agrees to terms on six-year contract
                    Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:25:16 -0800
                    Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms on a six-year contract with free-agent WR Bernard Berrian (Bears), according to sources. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
                    -03-01-2008, 05:50 PM
                  • RamDez
                    Hawks ready to take Rams
                    by RamDez
                    By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Editor's note: ESPN senior NFL writer John Clayton's weekly "First And 10" column takes you around the league with a look at the best game of the week followed by primers for 10 other games. Here's his look at Week 5.

First St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks: Even in this era of parity in which franchises can go from worst to first, division takeovers don't always happen overnight.

The Eagles have ruled the NFC East the past three years. Despite the Vikings being the favorites to win the NFC North this year, the Packers have won the past two division titles. And the Patriots seemingly now have the AFC East by the throat. But the longest divisional success story is the St. Louis Rams, who have either won or tied for the divisional title four of the past five years.

Since joining the division in 2002, the Seahawks have set the Rams in their sights and structured their team in preparation for Sunday's game against St. Louis. If the Seahawks win at Qwest Field, they take control of the division with a 2-game lead. If they lose, the Rams would hold an edge because the Seahawks have a tough road trip to New England next week. Back-to-back losses by Seattle could give the Rams a half-game lead and the confidence of knowing the Seahawks would have to come to St. Louis on Nov. 14.

On paper, the Seahawks have done all the right things to overtake the Rams. They've built an offense that can annually rank in the top seven in various statistics and play high-scoring games to counter the Rams' high-powered offense. They might have made the single biggest offseason move to weaken the Rams and strengthen themselves by signing former St. Louis defensive end Grant Wistrom.

One player doesn't make a defense, but Wistrom is a player who makes this defense work. For one, he's a hustling player who creates a lot of energy. Second, he's a leader. Third, he gives the team a pass-rushing threat on the other side of Chike Okeafor to put pressure on quarterbacks.

His absence has caused adjustments on the Rams defensive line, which also lost defensive tackle Brian Young and is missing injured defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy. Defensive end Leonard Little is being moved around to avoid the double-team blocking -- a strategy that worked well last week against the *****. In past years, Little drove right tackles crazy by rushing from the left side while Wistrom got his usual eight sacks from the right.

In the past three years, the Rams haven't finished lower than 16th in defense. This year, they are 27th and are giving up 137.3 yards a game rushing. They are also giving up 21.5 points a game.

While Arizona and San Francisco are in rebuilding mode, the NFC West is a two-team race. Sunday will determine which team has the edge.

And 10. New York Giants at...
                    -10-09-2004, 04:56 PM
                  • AvengerRam_old
                    Okay, someone explain this one to me...
                    by AvengerRam_old
                    From KFFL:

Someone explain this one to me.

You're hungry, and decide to make a late night trip to the Waffle House. So what do you bring along with you?

I don't know about you, but I'm probably going to bring about $40.00 and, as for jewelry, I'm wearing my wedding ring and maybe my $70.00 watch (which happens to be a Rams watch).

Who brings $8,500 and $32,000 in jewelry and a $6,000 watch?

Why not just wear a "Rob Me" sign around your neck?...
                    -03-16-2006, 10:39 AM
                  Working...
                  X