2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football League

Is there a final game between the two leagues?
    sigpicMaybe not now, but soon.

Comment

Originally posted by badmoforamfan View Post
      Is there a final game between the two leagues?
      Congrats BadmofoFantasyKilla on beating the Headslappers 100.24-96.30 and wnning the gold league!

As far as I know there will be a head to head final game between you and the winner of the Blue League. Send me a PM with your roster before gametime on Sunday. Blue League winner can do the same if they want and I'll tally up the points for the championship game.

Comment

Well, in the Blue League, the Thunderbirds edged Ramsbruce 105.58-91.16. This was quite convenient, as the T-birds happened to be my team. Kudos to both my opponents in the playoffs, as both were higher seeded. With two playoff wins, the Thunderbirds now have 10 wins on the year...which is still less than the 11 wins ramsbruce and Rams 08 managed in the regular season.

Comment

I recieved Goldenfleece's roster and still need badmofo to PM me with his before 10 am Pst sunday morning.

Comment

Never did get mofo's roster so he'll be using the team he currently has listed as starters.

Goldenfleece:

QB - Brett Favre - 12.52
            WR - Anquan Boldin - 0.00 DNP
            WR - Santana Moss - 6.80
            WR - Johnnie Lee Higgins - 17.90
            RB - Clinton Portis - 14.00
            RB - Pierre Thomas - 0.00 DNP
            TE - Greg Olson - 9.00
            K - John Carney - 13.00
            DEF - Tennessee - 2.00
            Total - 75.22

BadmofoFantasyKilla:

QB - Drew Brees - 30.44
            WR - Eddie Royal - 7.60
            WR - Calvin Johnson - 22.20
            WR - Lance Moore - 21.10
            RB - Brian Westbrook - 6.20
            RB - Pierre Thomas - 0.00 DNP
            TE - Zach Miller - 3.40
            K - John Carney - 13.00
            DEF - Indianapolis - 21.00
            Total - 124.94

Edited the total scores...grats to Badmofo, the Clanram 2008 champion!
            Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -12-28-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Congrats badmofo, that's a nice big win!

Good job getting there GoldenFleece. Farve and the skins did not have a good games, and 2 DNPs on top of that make for a low scoring day. Bummer.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh well, c'est la vie! I wanted to get that roster in before Christmas because I didn't figure I'd have time to look at it after the festivities got started. So I had to gamble on who was going to be healthy. It was a good year in Clanram Blue, though. Hope to see y'all back in the fantasy league next year, and if I'm lucky maybe I'll get a shot at a rematch!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
                  Sign-up for the 2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football Challenge!
                  by Nick
                  It's that time of year again.

No, not the time when BigRedMan returns from his beach vacation after thoroughly tanning his legs.

It's time for...

The 2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football Challenge

The fight for the ClanRam Cup will commence once more!

Last year, Bar-bq achieved legendary status by being the lone Clan member standing victorious at the end of the season, the ClanRam Cup proudly taking its place on his mantle. But a year later, it's time for another competition to see who can add their names to the list of champions!

This year's official ClanRam Fantasy Football challenge will once again take play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football in head-to-head weekly match-ups. Two leagues - Blue and Gold - have been created, with the possibility of a third league should there be enough interest. Each league will be made up of ten teams. I am the commissioner of the Blue League, and for the second year running, RamFan_Til_I_Die will serve as commissioner of the Gold League.

The leagues' live draft dates are as follows:

Gold League - Saturday, August 30th - 8:00pm EDT / 5:00pm PDT
                  Blue League - Sunday, August 31st - 3:30pm EDT / 12:30pm PDT

We can try to change some of those times if necessary, but we offered one evening timeslot and one midday timeslot to try and accommodate everyone. If you cannot make either of those timeslots, keep in mind that you can pre-rank your players and have Yahoo autopick for you during the live draft.

Keep in mind that your team must be made up of the following positions: 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. You will have six available spots on your bench for alternate players as well.

Here is the point system for both leagues:

Some changes from last year to be aware of..

-Return yards now count for the individual player, not the Team Defense of that player. Therefore, you're going to need to think about if and when you want to think about drafting a Devin Hester or a Dante Hall.

-FF points for defenses have been raised slightly, so defenses that shut down their opposition on game day are now rewarded a bit more than they were in the past.

-Defensive fumble recoveries are now rewarded with two points.

Sign-Ups
                  If you are interested in signing up for the ClanRam Fantasy Football Challenge, here's what you need to do.

1) First, determine which league you'd like to be a part of. Generally this means figure out which live draft you'll be able to make. If you can make both, flip a coin. If you can't make either, do the same I guess. Either way, determine which league you want to join.

2) Then, you'll need to send a private message (PM) to that league's commissioner to express your interest in joining the...
                  -08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
                • txramsfan
                  ClanRam Cup Fantasy League
                  by txramsfan
                  Ok, for you lot that just HAVE to start a fantasy league PRIOR TO TRAINING CAMP EVEN FRICKIN STARTING, we do have a league and even a trophy. The defending champion of the ClanRam league and current owner of the ClanRam Cup is none other than UtterBlitz.

We will be forming our league, but geez the French Open just started. Wimbledon hasn't even happened yet. The Tour de France and the World Cup are before training camp. So relax for the moment and more will come later.

BTW, EvilDiscoMan is our commissioner (well, he has been the past few years) so look for a post from the Jakester.

I'm out.....tx
                  -06-02-2006, 08:09 AM
                • laram0
                  ClanRam Fantasy Football League
                  by laram0
                  Are we doing it again this year?

Who's setting it up?
                  -07-17-2009, 12:19 PM
                • evil disco man
                  ClanRam Fantasy Football - JOIN NOW!!!
                  by evil disco man
                  This season I'm hoping to have the largest group of ClanRammers ever involved - all in a fight to win the ClanRam Cup! We have two leagues set up, the Blue League and the Gold League, with a maximum of 12 teams each. The winners of the two leagues will face off in a final championship bout. Join while you can.

:helmet:

Past ClanRam Cup winners:
                  2002: txramsfan
                  2003: DJRamFan
                  2004: DJRamFan
                  2005: UtterBlitz

Click Here For Details
                  -07-09-2006, 06:50 PM
                • Nick
                  ClanRam 2017 Fantasy Football Sign-Up Instructions
                  by Nick
                  It’s that time again! Time for ClanRam Fantasy Football 2017!

Last year, Battering_RAMS took the Gold trophy with a league win, and we’re looking for another exciting season this year!

This year’s ClanRam Fantasy Football League will continue to be a PPR league, and will feature the following roster positions…
                  • 1 QB
                  • 2 WR
                  • 2 RB
                  • 1 TE
                  • 1 FLEX
                  • 1 K
                  • 1 DEF
                  • 6 BENCH
                  • 1 IR

If you would like to participate, you need to send me a private message with the following information…
                  • Your ClanRam User Name:
                  • Your E-Mail Address:
                  • If you were in the league last year, what was your team name?

I would like all interested members to contact me with this information by Sunday, August 6th. At that time, I will remove any players/teams from last year that I have not heard from and fill vacancies with those who are interested.

Let me know if you have any questions!...
                  -07-31-2017, 06:02 AM
                Working...
                X