Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Openings in my NFL simulation league

Hiya guys.

Some of you are aware that apart from running the annual mock gambling competition i away from Clanram for 8-9 months of the year run my own Simulation league based on the NFL, called the UNFL, we are returning after our normal 3 months break/off-season, and for the first time in the league's history (5 years.. about to start the league's 6th year) i have 4-5 opening for a good, commited, honest person to take over the role of a team owner.

We use Dave Koch's software disc/program to run the game and season and there are 16 teams in the league however i find myself at this time having 11 guys/owners, hense a few openings.

We have our own forum in which the day-to day running of the league happens, we draft, trade and have FAs it's a salary capped league with rosters not exceeding 53 players.

The UNFL is a American football coaching simulation where players take the role of head coach and owner of a UNFL franchise. They draft rookies, trade stars and build teams to win the Bowl. This is a game where records last - a game with a strong sense of history, with career statistics which ensure that achievements live on. And a game where they matter, with a strong social element supported by online message boards and live events.

We have a steadt hearty bunch of committed guys who have been together for a good length of time, There is more to the UNFL than what is mentioned above.

The only thing it costs is YOUR TIME, and a little commitment to your team and the UNFL.No downloading programs, templates etc, everything is done through our own forum and the odd email mail shot with the odd attachment

If interested, PM me and/or reply to this post and i'll get back to you ASAP

Cheers
    Mark
    (Jackieslater)

Re: Openings in my NFL simulation league

Hey JackieSlater

I am very interested in jioning. I've never played in a fantasy league like this.

I have a problem during California fire season , I can be away from a computer for a month at a time.
    Thats why I'm on the ClanRam at certain times of the year.Thats why I quit playing f-football about 8 years ago.

If you don't want me to play I will understand its hard to play and be competative when not around a comp.

Comment

Sounds Interesting, never played in a career type fantasy league. If your down to have someone from the South Pacific .. i'd be keen. seems like anything football, i can commit too, everything else is 50/50 lol. Just have the odd internet malfunction over here, being 3rd world and all.

Comment

Any Go on this front Jackie? Real keen if its still open.

Comment

Just wanted to bump up this thread since the league is once again looking for new owners. Any potential owner will have to be committed to the league and be prepared to put in the appropriate amount of time.

I want to emphasise this is not a fantasy league/dynasty league but a simulation league. Firstly you have a full roster of 53 NFL players of every position with a salary cap to manage. Games are decided by filling in gameforms where you decide how much you want to run or pass the ball and want formations to work out of and in what portion of the field you run them. You make similar decisions for the defense. A simulation is then run of the game and a play-by-play result comes out from which you can make adjustments for the next game. In the offseason there's free agency and a rookie draft!

It's great fun honestly, way more knowledge and skill required than fantasy football. So if you're intersted or want to know more than you can message Mark (JackieSlater) who runs the league.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey,

I have done Simulation leagues before. I have been part of an NFL a few years back but using Mogul Software.

I also have been part of Baseball Simulation using Baseball Mogul. I was in to that for a solid 4 years. Stopped everything regarding this 2-3 years ago. Would be interseted to get back into this!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Devin
              Simulation Football League - Franchise Owners Needed
              by Devin
              Admins/Mods I certainly dont want to break any rules, so if this violates any rules you may have about spam or is in the wrong place I certainly apologize.

Hello all!

I co-run a small simulation/fantasy football website and we currently are looking for two active franchise owners. We are entering our 3rd year and are very well established.

We are also getting ready to open a 2nd sim league there so there is plenty to go around. This league will differ in that you will run a set NFL franchise rather then a team built through a fantasy draft. There is plenty to go around.

Basically the concept is simple, you run a football team. A full 53 man roster, you draft rookies, manage a salary cap.....the whole 9 yards. You trade with other teams, make tough cap decisions when needed and to furthur the experience there are tons of little extras as well. The games are simmed using computer software (Action! PC Home Page) Keep in mind this is a long term thing. This league isnt year to year your goal should be to build a franchise for the long haul!

It truly is intense and is absolutley a blast for football fanatics.

The only requirement is that you be active. Post in the forums, show up every now and again....etc. While it only requires an hour or so a week, we are avoiding a situation where you take over....get set up then bail til draft time. So if you dont have the time please dont bother. While there is no age requirement, obviously maturity is important.

This is a free league.

So if you think you have what it takes to build/run a team by all means get in touch!

I am Devin @ the gridiron forums (Gridiron Junkies - Powered by vBulletin)
              or by email [email protected]

Thanks guys, hope to hear from some of you!
              -03-14-2008, 01:17 AM
            • Karl-Baker
              Adarian, Txramsfan, AvengerRam, and ALL Others....
              by Karl-Baker

Fantasy Football - Players Wanted !!!

Adarian, Txramsfan, AvengerRam, and ALL Others....

I've Started A Fantasy Football League On Yahoo Sports, And Am Looking For Some Good Players.

Last Season, I Didn't Do So Well....
              11th Out of 12 Teams (in the ClanRam Fantasy League).

So, I'm Looking For Some "Pay-Back" !!
              Well, Actually, I'm Just Looking To Improve....
              I'd Be Happy (This Season), With 6th Place (Ha-Ha-Ha).

Anyways, If You Are Interested, E-Mail Me -- And I'll Send You An Invite via the Yahoo Sports Fantasy Page.
              Yep - That's How It's Set Up, Now.
              It Confirms You Have A Real E-Mail Address....

The Only Thing I Ask - Is That, If You Sign Up, You Have To Stick It Out, THROUGH THE WHOLE SEASON !!!

I Hate It, When Half-Way Through The Season, Half The Team Owners Drop Out - And Can't Be Found (Because of Their "W/L" Record).

So, I'm Looking For "Hardcore" Fantasy Football Players !!!
              But, I Also Want Players Who Are "Good Sports" - And Who Follow The Rules.
              If, That's Not Your "Bag of Tricks" - PLEASE Don't Ask To Join (It'll Save Both of Us, Lots of Headaches In The Future - LOL !!!).

Hope To Hear From You Soon !!!

Karl

E-Mail Address: [email protected]
              -07-09-2004, 01:52 PM
            • Nick
              Sign-up for the 2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football Challenge!
              by Nick
              It's that time of year again.

No, not the time when BigRedMan returns from his beach vacation after thoroughly tanning his legs.

It's time for...

The 2008 ClanRam Cup Fantasy Football Challenge

The fight for the ClanRam Cup will commence once more!

Last year, Bar-bq achieved legendary status by being the lone Clan member standing victorious at the end of the season, the ClanRam Cup proudly taking its place on his mantle. But a year later, it's time for another competition to see who can add their names to the list of champions!

This year's official ClanRam Fantasy Football challenge will once again take play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football in head-to-head weekly match-ups. Two leagues - Blue and Gold - have been created, with the possibility of a third league should there be enough interest. Each league will be made up of ten teams. I am the commissioner of the Blue League, and for the second year running, RamFan_Til_I_Die will serve as commissioner of the Gold League.

The leagues' live draft dates are as follows:

Gold League - Saturday, August 30th - 8:00pm EDT / 5:00pm PDT
              Blue League - Sunday, August 31st - 3:30pm EDT / 12:30pm PDT

We can try to change some of those times if necessary, but we offered one evening timeslot and one midday timeslot to try and accommodate everyone. If you cannot make either of those timeslots, keep in mind that you can pre-rank your players and have Yahoo autopick for you during the live draft.

Keep in mind that your team must be made up of the following positions: 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. You will have six available spots on your bench for alternate players as well.

Here is the point system for both leagues:

Some changes from last year to be aware of..

-Return yards now count for the individual player, not the Team Defense of that player. Therefore, you're going to need to think about if and when you want to think about drafting a Devin Hester or a Dante Hall.

-FF points for defenses have been raised slightly, so defenses that shut down their opposition on game day are now rewarded a bit more than they were in the past.

-Defensive fumble recoveries are now rewarded with two points.

Sign-Ups
              If you are interested in signing up for the ClanRam Fantasy Football Challenge, here's what you need to do.

1) First, determine which league you'd like to be a part of. Generally this means figure out which live draft you'll be able to make. If you can make both, flip a coin. If you can't make either, do the same I guess. Either way, determine which league you want to join.

2) Then, you'll need to send a private message (PM) to that league's commissioner to express your interest in joining the...
              -08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
            • evil disco man
              Daily Mail - Helping your league's rookies
              by evil disco man
              Q: I am going to be a commissioner of a league this year. I have been playing fantasy football for about six years. Half of my league will be newbies. How much help should I provide these guys before the draft?

Rob West
              Stationed in Baghdad, Iraq (Army)

A: Thanks for the question, and thanks for serving our nation. The least I can do is supply an answer. Your job as commissioner is to set up the league and make sure it runs smoothly. A competitive (and therefore enjoyable) league requires knowledgeable owners. It won't be much fun if the new guys create a league of superpowers and doormats. Still, you shouldn't have to hold the hands of these first-time owners and walk them through the season.

Make sure everyone knows and understands the rules, and I would highly suggest supplying everyone with written copies. It also wouldn't hurt to suggest a place for the greenhorns to get some fantasy information so they aren't totally in the dark. Telling them to check out our rankings or to purchase a copy of our owners manual would be enough advice. The rest is up to them.

Rob Hurtt - SportingNews.com
              -07-07-2004, 07:37 PM
            • Nick
              ClanRam 2016 Fantasy Football
              by Nick
              It's that time of year again, guys! FANTASY FOOTBALL TIME!!

We will once again be using Yahoo as our home for ClanRam Fantasy Football. We will need a minimum of eight players, and if there is enough interest, we will run Blue and Gold leagues as we have done in the past.

Scoring Settings will be typical for Yahoo Leagues, but we are adding 1 point per reception this year.

The draft will be a live standard draft to take place on Sunday, September 4th @ 10pm EST. If you cannot make the draft, donít let that rule you out of the league! Set up your offline draft board and still participate!

If you would like to participate in this yearís Fantasy Football league, you will need to send me a private message here at the ClanRam. Be sure to include your e-mail address in your PM because thatís how I will be inviting you to the league! If you donít send me your e-mail, I will respond back asking for it, and we will be first come first serve for spots this year.

Any other questions, feel free to ask in this thread!...
              -07-31-2016, 04:02 PM
            Working...
            X