Fantasy help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy help!

my number one running back is steven jackson but my number 2 slot is giving me trouble, i dont know who to pick! Should i start Jahvid Bestg v bears, Stewart vs Giants... or Foster vs Colts? THX and much appreciated

EXCITED FOR SUNDAY GO RAMS!!!!!!:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

Re: Fantasy help!

Originally posted by ludairv View Post
    my number one running back is steven jackson but my number 2 slot is giving me trouble, i dont know who to pick! Should i start Jahvid Bestg v bears, Stewart vs Giants... or Foster vs Colts? THX and much appreciated

EXCITED FOR SUNDAY GO RAMS!!!!!!:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:
    Best vs the bears I'm not sure about since he isn't the starter there. I would say stewart vs the giants. I would say the texans are gonna throw alot because of being behind to the colts.

Last year stewart set franchise record with 206 yards in a game against the giants.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -09-10-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjacksonrules View Post
      Best vs the bears I'm not sure about since he isn't the starter there.
      Best is starting in Detroit, and I'd be tempted to take him this week. I agree that Foster against the Colts might not get enough touches, and though Stewart should be a good option this season, he didn't touch the ball in the preseason so you don't know what his Week 1 workload will look like. Giants should be improved on D, Bears have question marks and their offense might not be ready for a lot of scoring. Best could be in for a nice share of touches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Best is starting in Detroit, and I'd be tempted to take him this week. I agree that Foster against the Colts might not get enough touches, and though Stewart should be a good option this season, he didn't touch the ball in the preseason so you don't know what his Week 1 workload will look like. Giants should be improved on D, Bears have question marks and their offense might not be ready for a lot of scoring. Best could be in for a nice share of touches.
        O ok I did not know he was the starter. I looked on the lions website and it looked like he was the backup. In that case I would say its a toss up then between stewart and best then.

Comment

Looks like we were both wrong about Arian Foster. What a Week One performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Looks like we were both wrong about Arian Foster. What a Week One performance!
            We really couldn't have been more wrong.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamFan_Til_I_Die
              Why I Hate Fantasy Football
              by RamFan_Til_I_Die
              I have Green-Ellis of the Patsies on all 3 of my fantasy teams and when he just scored that touchdown I was hoopin and hollerin before I realized what I was doing. I just cheered for a team I despise. What the heck is wrong with me? I really need help.

My name is RamFan_Til_I_Die and I'm a fantasyfootballaholic.
              -11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
            • LaRamsFanLongTime
              Rams or Fantasy??
              by LaRamsFanLongTime
              It was rough 08 for me with sports. The LA KINGS were horrible. The Lakers were humilitaed by the Boston Celtics. The Dodgers lost to a team I hate in the playoffs (rhymes with billies). Jeff Gordon had the biggest losing streak of his career. The Rams?? We know how that story ends.

I dominated my fantasy leagues and put together teams that no one thought were gonna be a factor. That was until I benched Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner won me game after game. The who is that was quickly answered after Steve Slaton racked up 100 yeard game after 100 yard game. Fantasy for the first time in my life had replaced my Rams. The joy I got from the NFL last year came entirely from fantasy. It was weird to me not having the Rams as my main reason for watching the game. I even watched a couple cardinal games to see how my fantasy teams were doing while the Rams played on another station. That is just something I never though I would do.

This year my Dodgers are the hottest team in baseball and are playing like a well oiled Torre machine. The Lakers are once again Kings of the basketball world. The kings are once again the court jester of the hockey world. Jeff Gordon is in second and driving real well.The Rams are???? ..............Well I dont know what to think of this team. At the start of the 07 season I really thought we were gonna be the team that controlled the West. That was one of the worst seasons in Rams history and I was dejected. To make matters worse I tore all my leg muscles up and spent the last 2 months of the season on my back. It is much easier watching your team lose with a beer in your hand sitting up we all know that. I won my fantasy league and bragging rights at work though! The rams in 08 copied their game plan from the year before and were just awful. Seriously hard to watch. I followed my game plan and won another championship in fantasy.

Now we move to the start of training camp and expectations for the upcoming year. I think this will be a team that runs first and passes second. That will be a change yet a change needed.We have a hard nosed coach not trying to break records but just reshape a team and give them confidence. Confidence to me being the missing ingredient the last couple years. It is time for a new idenity no more GSOT those players have moved on. It is time for Steven Jackson to become the team leader on and off the field. This is his offense now and he needs to own it. The defense needs to play with fire and prove they are not gonna be pushed around. I want swagger and attitude I hope a leader really grows in this defense. I will be happy not to see the rams with the number 2 pick again. That is unless they trade up for it. 8-8 at this time would be a welcomed site but I am thinking more about 6-10. While the actual win total can be much lower. The division is the weakest division though with a dominating AZ team on top we will see what happens.

I am actually...
              -07-08-2009, 03:59 PM
            • QUINNtessentialTruth
              Fantasy Advice/Implications
              by QUINNtessentialTruth
              Ok, in one of my main leagues. Actually my most important league.

I am down by 6 points (Cant believe Antonio Gates got 0 Points, AND I played against Vincent Jackson). I was up like 151-120 now he is 156-150. He has no one else left to play.

I However have Steven Jackson/Cadillac.

Do you guys know if Spags is leaning to letting Jackson play. I feel like Caddy is the safe option here??? But if Jackson starts, I doubt Caddy can get 60 yards or a touch down??

Need help on who to start haha. I wish Jackson wasn't a gametime decision.
              -09-19-2011, 07:43 AM
            • ramavenger
              Here are the top 40 fantasy quarterbacks
              by ramavenger
              By Craig Rondinone SportsTicker Contributing Writer

BRISTOL, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Quarterback might be the most important position in the NFL, but it only ranks second behind running back in fantasy football.

That being said, you cannot win a fantasy title with a Tony Banks-Jesse Palmer combo at QB. You need to have one stud quarterback and one other solid signal-caller. While the 2005 crop of fantasy quarterbacks is very top-heavy, there is plenty of depth at the position. There are former All-Pros and MVPs in the 18-to-27 range on the rankings who still could have a fantasy impact even though their best seasons are behind them.

Here are the top 40 fantasy quarterbacks heading into the 2005 season:

1. Peyton Manning, Colts: Thank goodness he threw an NFL-record 49 touchdown passes in 2004, because his frantic audibles before every snap might cause some fantasy owners to shy away from him.

2. Daunte Culpepper, Vikings: Armed with a new contract and a new lease on a Randy Moss-less life, Culpepper very well could throw for 40 touchdowns and run for five more.

3. Marc Bulger, Rams: A cannon for an arm plus the fastest receivers in football plus the best-schemed offense in the NFL should equal 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns for Bulger.

4. Donovan McNabb, Eagles: His career numbers with Terrell Owens are far better than his numbers without Owens, so he better do everything in his power to keep T.O. on the field.

5. Tom Brady, Patriots: The perennial Super Bowl MVP sometimes flies under the fantasy radar, even though he dished out 28 TD passes last year.

6. Trent Green, Chiefs: Green is durable, accurate, strong, knows how to dump the ball off to Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez, and always seems to be around 3,800 yards and 25 TDs.

7. Michael Vick, Falcons: His 800-1,000 rushing yards will more than offset his 2,500 passing yards.

8. Carson Palmer, Bengals: Watch him quickly go from an 18 TD-18 INT quarterback to a 25 TD-15 INT quarterback in the span of one season.

9. Jake Plummer, Broncos: The Snake slithers best when he plays at Denver's Invesco Field (2,192 yards and 17 TDs in eight home games last year).

10. Kerry Collins, Raiders: Is the arrival of Randy Moss supposed to lower Collins' interceptions? No, but his yards and TDs surely will increase.

11. Brett Favre, Packers: Fantasy football fans hope this iron man will never retire.

12. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks: Without a drunken Koren Robinson around to drop his passes, Hasselbeck's completion percentage might go up 10 percent.

13. Drew Brees, Chargers: There is a better chance he will duplicate his 27-TD 2004 performance now that Antonio Gates finally has been signed.

14. Jake Delhomme, Panthers: Proved Carolina does not need to grind...
              -08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
            • PYRO_LION
              Know the Rams From a Fantasy Football Perspective?
              by PYRO_LION
              I'm looking to get an edge for the upcoming season. Usually, die hard fans know the teams better than the supposed "experts" that cover them. Who knows the Rams inside and out, but also knows the ins-and-outs of fantasy football and can help me keep track of the Rams this year?

I'm new to this message board, but from looking around at some of the other posts, it looks like I came to the right place.

Thanks!

Lion

:ram:
              -07-17-2010, 02:58 AM
            Working...
            X