• Show
Clear All

• What 2 receivers would you play and why

Im debating between

Leguda Naane
    Malcolm Floyd
    Dez Bryant
    Mark Clayton

I had dez and clayton on the Bench the last 2 weeks and it cost me this weeks win (lost by 12pts). Nanne did nothing for me this week and I benched Floyd becuase nanne had a good week 1 and i didnt play him. so what would u do an why?

Related Topics

Collapse

• Guam rammer
    What happened to Mark Clayton?
    by Guam rammer
    wasnt he supposed to come back soon? Wasnt he resigned right before the season started? W Amendola possible out we could use some type of veteran experience somewhere, somehow, soon.
    -10-05-2011, 04:49 PM
  • eldfan
    Clayton Recovering Well
    by eldfan
    By Nick Wagoner/Senior Writer

Posted Jan 10, 2011

Since he was a young wide receiver growing up in Oklahoma City, Mark Clayton has loved football.

To have it taken away from him is akin to having one of the things you love most robbed from you unexpectedly.

To say that the days, weeks and months following his season ending patella tendon injury suffered on Oct. 10 against Detroit have been difficult would be quite an understatement.

“I would say it was heartbreaking,” Clayton said. “It was tough because it’s something you have been doing since you were 6 years old and you liked it and you love it and on top of that you know what you can do. To see the other guys go out, enjoy themselves, have fun and make plays and do all that stuff, it’s like ‘Man, I know I can do all of that stuff. And then wanting to help your team, especially being in that position to win a game and be in the playoffs…but I just wanted to help the team win games and strive to win a Super Bowl.”

Before Clayton suffered that injury on the second play of the Rams’ first offensive drive in that early October loss to the Lions, he had emerged as the team’s top receiving target.

In a bigger picture sense, Clayton had begun to set down the type of roots that he believed could make St. Louis his football playing home for the long term.

In terms of production, Clayton had clearly become quarterback Sam Bradford’s top target, forming a sort of Oklahoma connection that immediately shot Clayton to the top of the depth chart at receiver.

Acquired in a preseason trade with Baltimore on Sept. 6 for the pittance of exchanged late-round draft picks, Clayton caught on to the Rams’ offense so quickly he started the opener against Arizona and quickly established himself in the system.

In the first four games plus those two measly plays in Detroit, Clayton had racked up 22 catches for 300 yards and two touchdowns, which led the team in all of those categories.

“We certainly don't feel good about losing Mark because he's made a lot of plays for us, but we have to find a way to overcome that somehow,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said at the time.

In looking to overcome Clayton’s loss, the team turned to a green group of receivers with little in the way of experience.

Since he couldn’t play, Clayton made it a point to try to be around the facility as much as possible and help provide guidance to the young wideout corps.
    Clayton was around the building all the time, even attending some meetings and was there to help offer advice when needed.

Even in the day after the Rams’ disappointing season ending loss to Seattle, Clayton was there to help rookie receiver Danario Alexander after he missed a pair of big play opportunities.

“I had a game on the line, end of the game, I...
    -01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
  • eldfan
    Clayton Recovering Well
    by eldfan
    By Nick Wagoner/Senior Writer

Posted Jan 10, 2011

Since he was a young wide receiver growing up in Oklahoma City, Mark Clayton has loved football.
    Elsa - Getty Images To have it taken away from him is akin to having one of the things you love most robbed from you unexpectedly. To say that the days, weeks and months following his season ending patella tendon injury suffered on Oct. 10 against Detroit have been difficult would be quite an underst...
    -01-12-2011, 03:37 AM
  • Tampa_Ram
    Mark Clayton Inactive for Cards game.
    by Tampa_Ram
    Mark Clayton Status: St. Louis Rams WR Will Not Be Active This Week

by Ryan Van Bibber on Nov 4, 2011 1:46 PM CDT in 2011 NFL regular season
    Marcio Jose Sanchez - APMore photos »
    St. Louis Rams wide receiver Mark Clayton will not be activated from the PUP list this week.

Browse more photos »

Some more good news for the St. Louis Rams on the injury front. Wide receiver Mark Clayton is feeling better this week, after injuring his Achilles tendon last week. That injury kept the Rams from activating him from the PUP list ahead of last week's game. Despite him feeling better, the Rams will not be activating Clayton for this week's game either, according to Jim Thomas.
    It's getting down to the wire for the Rams to make a decision on Clayton. They have until Wednesday, November 9, to add him to the active roster. According to PUP list rules, players are eligible to resume practice with the team after week 6. The team then has a three-week window to add them to the active roster or stick them back on the PUP list for the rest of the season.
    Clayton did not pass muster medically with the Rams when the lockout ended in late July. His knee injury, a torn patellar tendon, had not quite fully healed. They did eventually re-sign him and put him on the PUP list....
    -11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
  • MACD
    Rams want clayton
    by MACD
    Good news....IMHO Clayton would have put one more in the win column if he'd stayed healthy last year. And in the playoffs.......
    -02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Working...
X