Amendola for McCoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amendola for McCoy?

Posting this from iPhone, so sorry for any typo's.

In a 10 person fantasy league where RB's and WR's get 1 for 10 and 6 for a TD. But, returner's also get 1 for 10. I am in first place, but two of my three losses came from my opponent having one or more returner's playing and I don't have any players that do that.

I have the chance to trade McCoy (Eagles RB) for Danny. I have SJax and Hillis as my starting backs. I have a stable of WR's, so Danny would be used as a flex just to give me the return yardage.

As of now, McCoy has 108 pts and Danny has 86, but I think part of that difference was when Danny wasn't our #1 target.

What do you think? I can post my whole roster when I am back home off my iPhone.
    This space for rent...

Related Topics

Collapse

• hawaiianpunch
    Danny the Manny Amendola
    by hawaiianpunch
    This kid is good. And im not just talking Jive folks. This kid has got hands, and skills to boot. I just wanted to say that he kind of reminds me of Ricky Proehl. What do you guys think?
    Amendola is Baller fo sho!
    88.10%
    Amendola sucks...
    0.00%
    Who??
    0.00%
    I like cheese with bread
    11.90%
    -10-15-2010, 10:09 PM
  • r8rh8rmike
    No Slowing Amendola Now That He's Healthy
    by r8rh8rmike
    No slowing Amendola now that he's healthy

BY DAN O'NEILL
    August 17, 2012

Isaac Newton's first law of physics says a body in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. Danny Amendola offers corroborating evidence.

The Rams receiver is, if nothing else, a body in motion, a veritable fruit fly on a football field. But after establishing his energetic presence with the Rams in 2010, the Texas Tech product was acted upon by an outside force. During the 2011 season-opening loss to the Eagles, Amendola suffered an injury that materialized as a dislocated left elbow. The body in motion came to rest for the remaining 15 games of the season.

For Amendola, it was cruel and unusual punishment, like closing the gate on a thoroughbred as the rest of the horses galloped down the track. Sunday, almost a year later, Amendola played two series and caught one pass for 6 yards in an exhibition loss at Indianapolis.

The performance was short on action but long on symbolic value. The body is back in motion.

"It had been a while since I had been out there competing," Amendola, 26, said. "It was good to get back out there, good to get tackled, good to hit someone again. ... It was fun."

If you know anything about Amendola, you know he thrives on the three C's contact, competition and camaraderie. Injuries and idleness were not on his bucket list.

The elbow problem, which he aggravated by trying to practice, "was kind of a freak injury and there's nothing I could do about it," Amendola said. "I understand injuries are part of the game and things like that happen, but ...

"I'm good now. It was a bad injury but it's not anything that lingers or is threatening. I'm 100 percent."

Amendola is probably the only receiver in Rams camp who has his ticket punched. Perhaps generously listed at 5 feet 11, 188 pounds, the Mighty Mite emerged as a go-to guy for rookie quarterback Sam Bradford in 2010. Amendola caught 85 passes for 689 yards and three touchdowns, and 29 of those receptions came on third downs.

He also is important to the Rams' special teams, an Allstate kick returner whose good hands were sorely missed. Amendola led the NFL in combined kick and punt return attempts in 2009 and 2010. And while Martha White is the one all-purpose flour, Amendola is the one all-purpose receiver. His 2,364 all-purpose yards led the league in 2010.

Like his fellow campers, the perpetual motion pass catcher is learning the language and schemes of new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. It shouldn't be too difficult for Amendola to forget what he learned from the departed Josh McDaniels' program he hardly had a chance to use it. Regardless, nimble No. 16 likes the makeover.

"It's a tough offense to get,"...
    -08-18-2012, 10:26 AM
  • sosa39rams
    Danny Return?
    by sosa39rams
    "Source with knowledge of market says slot receivers are "getting screwed," and that there's now a chance Danny Amendola returns to Rams."

- Pro Football Talk
    -03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  • Rambos
    Amendola
    by Rambos
    How big was he? Here is a guy we lost all last year. No ones going to tell me he is not an elite slot guy one of the best in the NFL. Les lock him up!

15 catches buck 160 one TD!
    -09-16-2012, 05:19 PM
  • LA Rammer
    Danny Amendola Status Update: Amendola Not Ruled Out !!!
    by LA Rammer
    by Ryan Van Bibber on Oct 2, 2011 8:07 AM CDT

Frustrating fans and fantasy football GMs alike, the St. Louis Rams have a decision to make with wide receiver Danny Amendola. He practiced some this week, for the first time since dislocating his elbow in week one. Amendola is listed as questionable on the injury report, and the team seems most likely to let him wait until after next week's bye before pushing him back onto the field.

Despite that, Danny Amendola could still play today. Sam Bradford struggled to complete passes without his most reliable receiving option. With troubles deep and struggles with pass protection, Bradford lacked his safety valve who could always be counted out to scrappy out a few yards.

Fantasy football teams may want to avoid Danny Amendola just because the likelihood that he will play today is very low. Rams fans can at least hold out a sliver of hope to see a favorite player back on the field, but be prepared to deal with the most likely possibility that he will sit today.
    -10-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Working...
X