Broke my own rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke my own rule

I just finished my office draft, and I broke my own Golden Rule. I NEVER draft Rams. It just makes me nervous. But I went testicles to the upholstery and drafted S-Jax in the 3rd, Amendola in the 14th and Zuerlein in the 16th.

Hope it pays off for me.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

If it makes you feel better i drafted GZ too.... And the Rams D, smh.

Comment

Re: Broke my own rule

I remember winning the 2000 season with 10/15 Rmas on my roster. Only time being a homer has worked for me.
      This space for rent...

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
        I just finished my office draft, and I broke my own Golden Rule. I NEVER draft Rams. It just makes me nervous. But I went testicles to the upholstery and drafted S-Jax in the 3rd, Amendola in the 14th and Zuerlein in the 16th.

Hope it pays off for me.
        Those are great picks! Seriously, especially the rounds that you selected them. Good Luck!
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

In one of my leagues I was able to grab Amendola in the 14th or 15th round and then GZ in the 16th, so I'm with you, man! GZ just seems like easy points, unless of course, Sam starts throwing TD's in bunches, in which case, I'll happily take the 1 pointers.

In that 16 team league, I have Antonio Brown and DJax as my starters, and then Titus Young, Alshon Jeffery and Danny as my backups. Not too shabby if you ask me!
          I believe!:ram:

Comment

I have Big Z in every league. few Rams otherwise, maybe Sjax in one and Kendricks as a backup in another in case he gets good.

Comment

Broke my own rule

That's too funny. Those were my homer picks this year. Hopefully, they are not so easily gotten as value picks next year.
              sigpicMaybe not now, but soon.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
                Taunting Rule May Be Tweaked
                by r8rh8rmike
                Taunting rule may be tweaked

Updated: October 30, 2013, 7:37 PM ET
                ESPN.com news services

Taunting Rule To Be Reviewed

Head of officiating Dean Blandino said the NFL's competition committee likely will review the league's taunting rule this offseason.

Blandino, in an appearance on NFL Network, was explaining the penalty assessed on Golden Tate and the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night, after the wide receiver began waving at and taunting St. Louis defenders at the Rams' 25-yard line en route to an 80-yard touchdown.

Blandino explained that in the NFL, taunting is a dead-ball foul, which means the play counts and a penalty is assessed on the next play. He compared that to college rules, which would have nullified the touchdown and assessed a penalty at the spot of the foul, meaning instead of a touchdown the Seahawks would have been at the Rams' 40.

"A lot of people felt that the touchdown shouldn't have counted [but] a taunting foul is always treated as a dead-ball foul, meaning whatever happened during the play counts, and the foul is enforced on the next play, which would be the kickoff," Blandino said. "In college, this action would take back the touchdown."

Blandino said he is sure the rule is something the competition committee will look at in the offseason.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday he is 100 percent against the idea of taking a touchdown away from a team if a player is flagged for taunting on the play.

"I think that's a terrible thing to do," Carroll said. "I think it puts too much pressure on the officials to change the game like that. I think that would be terrible to ask on a back judge to decide if he should take away a touchdown in a game. That should not be part of what an official has to do."

The competition committee is a group of eight coaches and executives who review rules each year, discuss and debate them, and present them to ownership at the owners' meeting in March. Rams coach Jeff Fisher is a member of the committee.

Other members of the committee include: Atlanta Falcons executive Rich McKay, Dallas Cowboys executive Stephen Jones, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, New York Giants co-owner John Mara, Green Bay Packers executive Mark Murphy, Baltimore Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith and Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

Tate apologized Monday night after the Seahawks were penalized 15 yards for his taunting penalty.

"That was immature of me. Hurt my team. I've gotta stay composed. ... Act like I've been there before," Tate said. "I gotta apologize to our special teams. I put them in an awkward situation, but more happy to get up and learn from it and move forward."

Carroll indicated...
                -10-30-2013, 05:13 PM
              • mrpnut0700
                NFL Catching Rule
                by mrpnut0700
                Random question. I am familiar with most rules in NFL however their is one rule which I am confused about that I have wondered about for awhile. When I have watched previous matches I have seen players make a diving catch for the ball. If they succesfully catch it and fall to the ground on occassion they have got back up and continued to run for extra yards. How is this allowed? Sorry if I appear stupid!
                -03-15-2012, 07:17 PM
              • laram0
                NFL Rule: Overtime
                by laram0
                Should the overtime rules be changed?
                -01-08-2009, 05:37 AM
              • KoaKoi
                Proposed Rule change for 2017
                by KoaKoi
                The NFL announced a list of proposed rule changes for 2017. (See Rams website for it's story on March 23, 2017 for a full list and which team requested each).

A couple seem worthy; a couple rolled my eyes. But one rule in particular caught my interest:

15. By Competition Committee; Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half.

Makes me wonder what actions they're trying to prohibit. Wouldn't the language of this rule affect qb spikes to stop the clock?
                I understand Goodell and crew have been active in trying to keep game length under 3 hours. This proposed rule seems to support that mindset. But, if an offense is in control of the ball and trying to score at the end of half or end of game... should they be penalized for sacrificing a down to stop the clock?

Something tells me that's not the type of conduct they're trying to prevent. But if that's the case, can someone tell me what action they might be trying to regulate here? what am i missing?...
                -03-27-2017, 11:53 AM
              • Thresher
                Weigh In: New rule about QB ball versus rule about K ball
                by Thresher
                This has been bugging me for a few weeks now.

A few years ago the NFL instituted a rule that no longer allowed kickers to have access to the balls they would be kicking in a game before the game started. They applied a K stamp to the kicking ball. From my recollection it was because the NFl wanted more parody in the league, to make the last minute kicks more exciting because of a slicker and more wild ball.

So why have they now instituted this new rule where the QB and the equipment manager can scuff, wear in, have sex with balls before the games?

I do not understand why the NFL would make one rule increasing parody then just two or three years later add a rule making it easier for qb's to hang onto the ball and thus less parody.

Please weigh in and straighten me out.

:\
                -08-30-2006, 12:47 AM
              Working...
              X