For u baseball fans..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For u baseball fans..............

Darn, hopefully we can win tomorrow to get a split in Cincy, and I believe we have the Reds coming up in our place soon. And that sounds like good news on Mulder, glad to see him on his way back.

Comment

Well the Dodgers streak is over....no problem time to start another one.

The Cardinals let us down big time, however I was very happy to see that Edmonds hit a Grand Slam. Come on Cardinals beat those Reds...wild card implications for us Dodger fans.
      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Nope. Angels fan. But I was pissed when we let Jim Edmonds go. He's still one of my favorite current players. I WAS a big Royals fan back in the days of George Brett though. Mostly because I grew up with the Brett boys. Also followed the Dodgers as a kid, but Lasorda cured me of that. Now that I'm in the OC, it's Angels, or course. In the NFL, it IS and always will be the RAMS.

Also a Ducks fan, but can't stand watching (pro) basketball anymore.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

No, New York Yankees baby. Looks like yet another division series win for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Defense View Post
            No, New York Yankees baby. Looks like yet another division series win for us.

I was happy to see that. I don't like the Red Sox for the crap beating out of they gave us in the world series.

Comment

And I hate them for games 4-7 of the ALCS. Ironically Damon the "yankees killer" has turned into the "red sox killer". I love what money can buy you.

Comment

Yes, I'm a die-hard Cardinals fan, just as I am for the Rams and Blues too.

Comment

I'm a fourth generation Cardinals nut. Unlike some, though, I was a Cardinals and Rams fan long before the Rams moved. I liked the football Cardinals OK, but I was mostly a LA Rams fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
                    Nope. Angels fan. But I was pissed when we let Jim Edmonds go. He's still one of my favorite current players. .
                    There's a chance that Edmonds could be an Angel next year.

Comment

Go Halos! & Padres!
                      JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
                      :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
                      Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by sprtsmac View Post
                        There's a chance that Edmonds could be an Angel next year.
                        It would be nice, but it's too late. He's on the downside.... I was sooo pissed when they got rid of Jim instead of Anderson. If I watch that lazy-azzed beatch loligag after one more fly ball... ...or jog down to first.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DRom
                          St. Louis fans... Would you still remain a fan if...
                          by DRom
                          ... they moved back to LA?

O U T
                          dan
                          -09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
                        • macrammer
                          Cardinal baseball fans
                          by macrammer
                          you have a rookie left fielder that played little league and HS baseball with my son. Stephen Piscotty.

He is also from same hometown as Rams 3rd pick Sean Mannion......both from Pleasanton Ca......

Piscotty hitting over .300.......Good for him. His family is very nice......
                          -08-10-2015, 09:46 PM
                        • skelley
                          "Do the bosses want to destroy the remainder of a deteriorating fan base?"
                          by skelley
                          That quote says alot about ST Louis fans. LA fans took years of Georgia's stupidity before there was a drop off. ST Louis fans were treated to a much , much better product. And after only 6 years off being an elite team ST Louis fans are jumping off the bandwagon.

Does this team suck? YES

Is Linny one of the worst head coaches ever? Yes

Does the front office seem clueless? Yes

Do ST Louis fans have a clue how good they have it? No

And that's sad, 'cuz after losing the Cards they should.

I took so much crap in Northern California through the 80's & 90's from a bunch of bandwagon Niner fans, but I stood by my team no matter what. I went to LA & SF to watch my team get smoked.

And it was a sad day when that ***** took my team from Cali. But the move allowed the Rams to make money & actualy TRY to put together a team. ST Louis fans supported the lousy Rams because they were excited to have the NFL back in town. They grew in numbers when Warner & Faulk led the Rams to the title.

And now less than a decade later ST Louis fans have shown me 2 things.

1. They are no better than Niner fans. Bandwagon fans suck!

2. Why the Cards left in the first place.

All you fans in ST Louis better remember & realise 2 things.....

1. LA lost the Rams & that city has a lot more going for it.

2. How did it feel when the Cards left town?

Wise up ST Louis fans.............
                          For better or worse, you'd better support your team. The ONLY person in power who gave a damn about being in ST Louis is dead & there are many Cities who would pay for the honor of having a NFL team.
                          -09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
                        • bruce4life
                          To all so cal rams fans...
                          by bruce4life
                          Go angels baby!!!!
                          -10-17-2009, 12:11 PM
                        • Speedyroach
                          Are football fans less loyal than bask/base?
                          by Speedyroach
                          I love all three sports. I am a Rams, Lakers, and Mets fan

I find though my perceptions of the players are different with baseball and basketball. In those two sports the rosters are husually consistent year to year. When a star players leaves its usually a big thing..sometimes changing the direction of the team. Fans in baseball feel like their hearts are being pulled out when a aging former franchise player moves on. Shaq moved to Miami and they won a champioship.

With football players seem so much more expendable. Free agency, salary caps have eaten the soul out of fan loyalty. A player will only be beloved if he has value and ...if he fails..even once..he finds himself unwanted and rushed out of town.

I start thinking about how high a draft pick we can get for our Greatest Receiver ever ...or maybe a third for our Greatest LT ever...

And let us not forget our Greatest QB....(no i don't want to think about that)

Business is business but don't you kind of think the great ones should leave with the appreciation and respect that seems to happen more consistently in baseball and basketball?

It just makes me wonder has the business of football changed how fans view star players and has also deminished a players loyalty to the team?
                          -03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
                        Working...
                        X