Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you see that big guy trample the kid for the ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you see that big guy trample the kid for the ball?

That was such an outrage.

Sports are for the young, and there is simply no excuse for that kind of behavior. Word has it that the guy didn't even apologize.

That is just no way for Kurt to treat Eli.

Re: Did you see that big guy trample the kid for the ball?

Here, I thought that was KW that did it to "Little Brother" MB and that is why he was run out of town?
    This space for rent...

Comment

The kid didn't even know the ball was there. I don't blame the guy for getting the ball.

Comment

You think Reggie Sanders will give him a bat and autographed ball to make up for it?

Comment

as a European can I say, what the heck are you all talking about??

Comment

Just seen it on the news quiz on BBC2, Some big thug at a Cardinals/Rangers baseball game pushed a kid out the way to get to a "fly ball" ( i believe is the correct term). Then sat it out as the rest of the crowd chanted "give him the ball"

He certainly got his moment of fame/infamy on TV. Bet the kid ends up with a signed ball instead,would be a good PR op for the team. Or am I getting cynical in my old age
            :helmet:
            GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

Well, from what I saw, it appeared as if he were reaching for the incoming ball and tripped over the seats in pursuit of it, subsequently kicking a kid somewhat lightly and pinning him to the seat in front of him as the guy scrambled for the ball on the ground.

Comment

I was watching the game, the kid wasn't paying attention. The ball whizzed past him. People should be upset with Mom's for not taking care of the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
                  I was watching the game, the kid wasn't paying attention. The ball whizzed past him. People should be upset with Mom's for not taking care of the kid.
                  Please tell me you're kiddding. :confused:

Comment

I'm very serious. The kid was daydreaming and they were seated right behind the Cardinals dugout. I don't know how many baseball games you've gone to, but balls go whizzing through that area quite often. If you want to take a kid to the game and watch him daydream, don't sit so close.

Comment

The kid's name is Nick O'Brien. He's 4 years old. Sitting ten rows from the field. Not smart.

Not to say the guy isn't an idiot, he is. However, Mom should have been watching the kid closer DURING PLAY.

Plus, the kid got a bat and ball from Reggie Sanders. He was on Good Morning America. He got a ball signed by Nolan Ryan. GMA gave him Mets tickets.

The kid did ok......
                      Last edited by txramsfan; -06-16-2004, 01:53 PM. Reason: More to say

Comment

The big guy's lucky he didn't get a bat too - upside the head!

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
                          The big guy's lucky he didn't get a bat too - upside the head!
                          Rumor has it other fans in attendance paid him a visit, but I couldn't confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
                            The kid's name is Nick O'Brien. He's 4 years old. Sitting ten rows from the field. Not smart.

Not to say the guy isn't an idiot, he is. However, Mom should have been watching the kid closer DURING PLAY.

Plus, the kid got a bat and ball from Reggie Sanders. He was on Good Morning America. He got a ball signed by Nolan Ryan. GMA gave him Mets tickets.

The kid did ok......
                            Sounds like he was better off with this incident happening anyway. :redface:

Comment

I agree with tx, you need to pay attention at those games. I have seen many people get hit just because they weren't paying attention. If you have a child with you and are sitting close then you damn well better be watching out for the kid.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Curly Horns
                                I can't stand Manumaleuna, no buts about it...
                                by Curly Horns
                                What do the Rams see in this guy other than a big body? He has cuaght a few big passes, during his time with the Rams, but for all the horrible plays he has made I don't see how that makes up for it.

It still boggles my mind as to why carolina made this guy an offer and then the Rams go and match it.

Come on, the Rams went from the likes of conwell to this guy? I don't understand. I mean a high school coach would look at this guy and say: "he's a big boy but a bit of a sissy on the field" NEXT!!

Monday night was my umpteenth last straw with this guy. Sure martin's pass to him was not great, but manu did not even try and fight for that ball. The colts LB started on his left shoulder and worked his way around manu's big backside, may have pushed him slightly while getting in front of him and took that pass away. Manu literally stopped on the route as if to call on some island bubba magic to make the ball come to him.

[email protected]#$%@&^@......!!!!!!!!!!!!

-10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
                              • rammiser
                                Monday morning hangover...long
                                by rammiser
                                Going from the high of a new to season to the absolute let down by my Rams has left me feeling woozy. I had hope and dreams of an improved football team that would play hard for four quarters. I saw some flashes as I did last year. Then again we only decided to play 2 quarters again.

The walking penalty box that is Incognito has got to go. He isnt all that great in the first place and constantly costs us 15 yds when he feels the need to punch guys in the chest or hit guys late. He's a mess and embarassing if you ask me. He was cheap shotting guys the whole game but was only caught twice. It's hard not to like him for his fire,i do like him. Unfortunately he isnt talented enough and neither is this team to keep putting up with his stupid mistakes.

We shelled out tons of cash for Bartell, yet Wade looked like the best corner on the field yesterday. Bartell was getting beaten on everything thrown his way. I thought for sure hed get a pi call against him on a fade route but he managed to flail his arms up just at the right time to hit the ball. If Bulger takes all the flak for being paid huge jack and not performing than Bartell should be getting killed today.

Atogwe is just flat out awesome. He is a bigtime playmaker and needs to be locked down with a huge contract. Nice job by the front office to wait so long to pay the guy that he may be a top 2 safety by the time they decide to pay him instead of a relatively good but unknown player around the NFL. Butler was a great aquisition and has raised the level of play of Atogwe. Now OJ isnt by himself back there anymore.

Finally we have a middle linebacker. Laurinitis is going to be really good. Heck he was really good yesterday. He made some mistakes but hes a rookie and was always around the ball. He absolutely did not look like a rookie. Witherspoon on the other hand seems to vanish into thin air during games anymore. I remember when we used to hear his name mentioned four or five times for big plays in games. Now I only hear his name for missing tackles and gettig hurt. Vabora had a decent game, seeing how he was a 7th round pick and is playing some half way decent football is a tribute to him as a hard worker. It is fair to say however that we may need two olb's after this year.

Our d-line is dreadful. The Seachickens had two starters out on the o-line and i'm not sure we knocked Hasselcrack over once. When we blitz it get picked up easily. Not too mention that he would take a three step drop and have 3 wide open wr's to throw to. We got no pressure and were getting gashed for four or five yds almost everytime a guy would run the ball. They did do a nice job on the goal line untill play action and of course wide open in the back of the endzone was Jay Novacek err i mean Carlson. Chris Long hustles but most of his plays are made five yds down field, I want to see him making some behind the line of...
                                -09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
                              • Curly Horns
                                3 players and a ref
                                by Curly Horns
                                It is amazing that a person could single out any of the 3 players or the ref as being directly responsible for the recent loss to the hawks. Mix them all together and you have a recipe for disaster.

Marc Bulger
                                I really feel for the Kid. He was brutalized again today. He started the game with erratic passes to receivers that were open. He settled down, but his frustration continued to grow throughout the game and culminated in the 3rd quarter with a pass over the middle that looked as if it were a bean ball meant for the head of Mike Martz. Instead it found its way into the hands of a hawks defender.

Who is this guy? Where did he come from? How did he make the roster? Why is he starting? Why wasn't he benched in the first quarter of week one? For the fith straight week this guy has been caught with his pants down in no mans land. He offers zero help to the CBs and peddles backward in the middle of the field watching plays unfold in front of his eyes without reacting. He has not a clue. He is dazed and confused. He is the worst free safety that I can ever recall the Rams putting on the field.

hodges
                                What can I say? Take away everything else that happened in this game and the Rams still lose, simply because of this guy. Honestly I am not sure how any punter can be worse than Landetta was the last two seasons, but this guy is. How does he go from being a great punter in college ball, to being drafted, to an absolute disgrace to the leagacy of Bob Waterfield? I have no answer. The only thing I can think of might sound absurd. The football itself. It is different by size shape and inflation between the NFL and the college game. One thing is certain....this guy can NOT punt in the NFL.

the ref
                                I have watched the pass interference play, called on Fisher, no less than 10 times. I do not see how he interferred with the hawks receiver catching that pass. There is absolutely nothing he does that impedes the receiver from catching that ball. In fact the receiver got two free hands on the ball. The ref that made the call was positioned at the back of the end zone in front of the play. Exactly what he sees from that position I will probably never know.

-10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Vitt's Press Conference
                                by RamWraith
                                Interim Head Coach Joe Vitt

(Opening statement)

ďReally, my eyes didnít lie to me yesterday during the game. I have the same feeling right now that I had in the postgame press conference. You canít do what we did in the redzone and only come away with 13 points on five possessions. You canít have eight penalties, three of which where in critical, critical situations. You cannot turn the ball over, and you can not give up big plays or the big play like we did defensively and beat a good football team on the road.Ē

(On what could be done better in the redzone)

ďI think it is a variety of things. We had some offsides in the redzone. We had some dropped balls in the redzone. We had a fumble in the redzone. We had a sack in the redzone. So you can take your pick. We have to get it completely cleaned up.Ē

(On whether some of the issues may have been caused by players being fresh off injuries)

ďThere is no question. [WR] Torry [Holt] is dragging that leg with a brace. I thought he got better as the game went on. He made the big fourth-down catch in the redzone on the fade. I think Ike [WR Isaac Bruce] as the game went on he caught a digger across the middle and got back in the rhythm. I thought he ran better on that one than on the missed corner route earlier in the game. I thought [QB] Marc [Bulger] was really sharp throughout. I thought he had good pocket presence, and good zip on the ball, and fairly accurate. I think those things do take time to get back in sync. Itís something weíll continue to work on.Ē

(On whether some of the players that were back from injuries should have waited longer)

ďNo. I think they are both professionals and they felt they could go. They worked hard in practice and showed in practice that they could go, and they went. And they will be better for it.Ē

(On whether WR Isaac Bruce was healthy enough to be playing)

ďYeah. Iím never going to question Ike. Heís a consummate professional. He works extremely hard. When he says heís ready to go, Iím not going to question that.Ē

(On the rotation that was used at the guard positions)

ďI thought [G] Claude [Terrell] did pretty well. We got into some passing situations down the stretch where we were down 15 points and needed two scores. As we have stated before, he kind of tires at the end a little bit, and we were going to put him in passing situations where he would really have to be really sure of his pass protection stuff. So we put [G] Rex [Tucker] in there for a few, and I thought Rex did a good job when he was in there. And Claude is going to continue to get better, but at the same time, heís at a developmental period right now where he has to work on his conditioning so that he can finish strong. And he will.Ē

(On the play of right guard Adam Timmerman)...
                                -11-15-2005, 04:26 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Lineahan on the Mic
                                by RamWraith
                                From today at Rams Park:

Coach Scott Linehan

August 11, 2007
                                (On the first preseason game)

ďJust one announcement and I take responsibility for this so donít get mad at me but we are going to have practice closed tomorrow. We are 50-50 whether we are going to be in or out for obvious reasons. It is supposed to be 100, 101 degrees tomorrow. I donít know what that does to the index. Itís not quite as humid today as it has been so if the index is still there and itís not extremely high we may go outdoors just for the conditioning and work outdoors and be able to get outdoors. We canít chance that if it is high, that we move indoors. We donít want to disappoint fans who are planning on coming and see that they canít get in to the indoor. We will do it day-by-day this week, we are not going to do the entire week. Hopefully, there will be a break in the weather or the humidity goes down and we feel good about it. If we go out tomorrow, there is a pretty good chance we will stay out all week. That is our plan for right now.

On the injury front, one change from last night. WR Dominique Thompson did have two, Iím not sure if I would call them broken ribs, but they are displaced down in the lower right side from the hit that he was knocked out for a few plays. He actually went back in and played which showed his ability to handle that, which had to be extremely painful. I would say he will be at least a few weeks before he is going to be able to participate in any contact. RB Brian Leonard also bruised his lower rib cage. He should be fine. He should actually be able to full go tomorrow with a little discomfort. CB Jonathan Wade is cleared. We will do the neuropsych test, the standardized test that we do for people who get a little shaken up. It will be done tomorrow and if that clears he will be cleared. WR Dane Looker took a knee to his lower back. He is questionable as to how much he will do in the next couple practices. He should be ready to go next week. With the old injuries, obviously DT LaíRoi (Glover) was held out. He took a little set back from pre-game warm up. He was planning on playing a series or two but he took a set back with his groin or hip flexor. I think WR Dante Hall will be much better this week. He had a good workout prior to the game. We just held him out based on not being 100 percent but he should be ready to go this next game. LB (Tim) McGarigle is improving. He is still probably going to be a game time decision next week but should be participating more in individual drills and we will see how he is by mid-week. T Ken Shackleford will do more drills. He has got a knee bruise that is somewhat painful but hopefully he will be ready. We are aiming for this week but it might be the next game. LB Raonall Smith has the shoulder that is fairly painful. Itís not anything serious, more of a contusion that shouldnít keep him out this week. That is where we are at, nothing...
                                -08-12-2007, 07:04 AM
                              Working...
                              X