Dodger Breakdown after 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodger Breakdown after 1

Well the boys lost a hard fought game today that they should have won.

Jeff Kent slowing down on a ball that was obviously gonna drop stupid.

Waving in J.D Drew right behind Kent even dumber.

Getting two tagged at the plate on one hit???

Leaving Lowe in to give up two more runs when it was obvious he was done incredibly stupid.

Bringing in Penny to be our releiver?????????????????????? Not a good idea! Love the guy but if he is having back issues no way do you bring him in. Where was Sele or Tomko?? Let Braxton throw 2 innings and Dodgers would have had a much better chance.

Boob of the game? Sorry but it was Kent, he had some nice hits but he made rookie mistakes out there today. The base running error, The fielding error and just slow to the ball today. I really do not think he should still be a second baseman anymore. It is a huge hole that will be taken advantage of time and time again.He is a great hitter and I like him in the lineup I just think maybe its time to play in the outfield. Ask me who I want in his place?? I dont know Im not a baseball expert maybe drew can provide more speed and close the hole quicker.

Management I really feel lost us this game though. I think they handled the bullpen terribly today. When someone gives up 2 dingers in an inning it is time to at least get someone warming up. Lowe definatly should not have been pulled in the 4th/2 HR inning but they did not even make the call till right before he started the 6th.

Tommorow is a must win vs Glavine. I think the boys have what it takes. I really like this squad and yes I know Im too hard on Kent. I guess maybe its because of his Giant days. Too see the boys only lose by one after all the mistakes management made I feel pretty good about this series.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -10-04-2006, 11:59 PM.

Re: Dodger Breakdown after 1

Dodgers will prevail, just a "stupid" bump in the road.
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Maddux will pick us up tomorrow.

Comment

Dodgers are in the playoffs? Maddox is still playin'? Isn't he, like, 50 years old?

Mets sweep.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
          This Game Showed Me.....
          by r8rh8rmike
          ......that Sam Bradford is the real deal and the Rams are set at quarterback for some time to come. He still has a lot to learn, but under the circumstances, I thought he was very impressive, despite numerous drops by his receivers, spotty protection, and questionable play calling. With little help from the running game and asked to throw the ball over 50 times, he continued to keep his cool and execute. He did throw 3 interceptions but IMO, 2 of those were more a factor of the situation than of bad execution. No deer in the headlights moments, no running scared, no panic. He took the team, put it on his shoulders and nearly got a win. I'm a believer and very encouraged by what I saw today. I see good things coming.
          -09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
        • macrammer
          Sj39.....stepped up today and led by example
          by macrammer
          A great win today for Rams and all of us suffering fans I was so happy to see SJ39 get all over his line on field and on sidelines. Telling them to pull heads out of you know where. Did you see the linemen when he was lecturing them on sidelines? They did not dare to do anything but listen!

It was also very cool to see him walking off field with thos esame guys. That is a leader!
          -10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
        • PARamfan
          Did we turn the corner today?
          by PARamfan
          I would like to believe with the young team we have a win against a quality opponent (we are talking the reigning world champions) will be the kick in the pants we need to FINISH strong the rest of the season seeing as FINISH is the difference in us having a winning record thus far. They finished this one albeit as scary as it can get, can we start to make the finishes look easier????
          -10-19-2014, 01:28 PM
        • Nick
          Post-Game Quotes from Spags & Players
          by Nick
          Rams at Seahawks Postgame Quotes - Rams Coach/Players
          Posted 02 January 2011

RAMS HEAD COACH STEVE SPAGNUOLO

徹bviously disappointed. I値l start out by saying, win or lose, I think God always has his hand on this football team. I知 always going to say that and I知 grateful for that. I値l credit Seattle and wish them luck next week. They played better. They won and we lost. A lot of things we certainly could have done better. I am proud of the football team for what they accomplished. That might make a little more sense tomorrow. The disappointment is all we feel right now. Probably got to get a good night sleep somehow and then reflect back on some of the things we might have done really good. I think injury-wise we got through okay. The only guy at the end there, Reggie said something might have been Chris Long痴 hand. I don稚 really have any idea what it is but we値l take a look at it. With that, I値l open it up.

(On why he thinks they weren稚 able to move the ball)
          添eah. Field position was an issue. I can稚 remember on all the swings of series but it seemed like a lot of them we were always coming out of our own end zone, you know, inside the 20. Even the drive we had for a field goal was an 80 yard drive, or 80-something. I know it was a long drive. I don稚 know Field position, maybe they punted it real well. We must have been giving up a little yardage defensively to have them move but field position was an issue, especially in the second half when I recall.

(On Steven Jackson only having about 10 carries)
          的 would have to look at it. We池e not counting them and all that as we go. I壇 have to go back to down and distance situations and then you池e not gonna bang your head against the wall but do what we had to do to try to move the ball.

(On if it was busted coverage on the deep completion to Ruvell Martin on Seattle痴 first drive)
          的t wasn稚 a busted coverage. I think we got a little over-aggressive on the he pumped it to the little flair route or the bubble screen, and then held onto it a little bit and then found him (Martin). That hurt us early because it gave them field position and they ended up with a touchdown on I think that drive.

(On what he tells the players after the game)
          展ell, I told them there痴 not a lot to say neatly after the game. We値l get together tomorrow. Certainly, we池e all disappointed. I did tell them that I appreciated their efforts this year from the bottom of my heart because I thought the work ethic and what they did, hanging together and enjoying each other and some of the things we did along the way, I was very appreciative of that. Other than that, to stand in front of the team as disappointed as they are right now I don稚 spend a lot of time; I値l do that tomorrow.

(On the play that was called incomplete when Bradford threw to the sideline near the goal line...
          -01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
        • RamWraith
          Post-game quotes
          by RamWraith
          Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injuries)
          典he only injury we had was G Richie Incognito, he got light headed right before the half and the doctors wouldn稚 clear him to go back in. We moved T John Greco over and went with John the rest of the way.

(On the game)
          徹bviously, this was not the result we wanted, so I am disappointed from the standpoint. I felt we played hard. I appreciate those guys like RB Steven Jackson going out there and giving everything he had, T Orlando Pace who really had a two to four week injury and DL Adam Carriker. We have a bunch of guys who are beat up with nicks and bruises. You can hang your hat on one thing, those guys went out and competed and fought through all of the adversary and injuries that they had.

(On RB Steven Jackson having only one touch during the fourth quarter)
          滴e was gassed and his leg started to bother him, so we told him before the game to go as far as you could go and then we will play the other guys.

I appreciate Steven getting out there under the conditions; he hasn稚 done much in the past month. To go out there and carry the ball in which I thought he was very effective in running the ball, but in a game like situation he just hasn稚 had anything for a while.

(On Jackson痴 play shows he is a 電ifference maker)
          的t is a big reminder. We have said it before; during some games if we had him we might have won the game. He is a heck of a football player, when you loose a guy like him it is hard to replace him.

(On LB David Vobora)
          的t is hard to tell, but I think he did ok. He had good instincts and good position and he is a good leader. There are a couple of plays that I can pick out that he did very well with. I am sure that if I look at the film I will find something. For a guy in his first start and a seventh-round draft pick I thought he did fairly well.

(On interceptions)
          典he picks didn稚 really hurt us, defense did a great job. After the first pick they got nothing, after the second pick they got a field goal, and the third pick was at the end of the game. Obviously, three interceptions is three interceptions. Our problem is that we have to score touchdowns, as an offense we haven稚 scored any touchdowns. We didn稚 score this week, we didn稚 score last week and it has been that way all year in the red zone. We just are just not getting the job done. I am not sure what the answer is, we will keep researching and trying to get it done. We are not really good right now in the red zone. You are not going to win kicking field goals in this league, you have to score touchdowns.

QB Marc Bulger

(On the loss)
          展e find ways to lose. We hung in there the first half. We got that corrected, which is good. We played good in all phases at some points, but we struggled at others.

(On RB Steven Jackson being...
          -11-30-2008, 06:48 PM
        Working...
        X