Chan A-HO Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chan A-HO Park

Why does Torre have Chan Ho out there in a save situation in the 9th?
    One has to question the Dodger managers decison making sometimes.
    Chan could not hold a 5-1 lead going into the last inning.
    Sure Loney butchered 2 errors on one play, but with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the Brewers batter Bruan, Chan Ho serves up a fat slow curve, that gets belted over into the Leftfield bullpen, tying the game 5-5.

Forturnately, Either hits a walk-off 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th to save the day!
    sigpic

Re: Chan A-HO Park

In 38 games, he has a 2.58 ERA thats pretty good, but hes no closer.

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
      Why does Torre have Chan Ho out there in a save situation in the 9th?
      One has to question the Dodger managers decison making sometimes.
      Chan could not hold a 5-1 lead going into the last inning.
      Sure Loney butchered 2 errors on one play, but with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the Brewers batter Bruan, Chan Ho serves up a fat slow curve, that gets belted over into the Leftfield bullpen, tying the game 5-5.

Forturnately, Either hits a walk-off 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th to save the day!
      dgr828, great title to the thread! We blew 2 games last week against the Giants and 1 yesterday because of crappy relief pitching. They were tight 1 run games but give me a BREAK! And then to have a 4 run lead in the 9th in this game! And trying to give it away, again because of pitching?! UNREAL!

I don't know if i blame Torre though. I mean, who should be in there? Broxton has been part of the problem. He's blown games as much as anyone in that bull pen! Hell, as far as closing, i say give Beimel a shot. Let's try anything. Or we need at least an 8 run lead going into the 9th on a regular basis (thats not gonna happen) for me to to feel confident and relaxed that we can close a game out.
      We finally have some offense and now our middle and late relief pitching "rears it's ugly head"!
      Looks like it's going to be a very "stressful" stretch run for the pennant.

If he has a couple of more outings like this one, can we call him Chan A-HO "OUT OF THE" Park?
      Last edited by YodaRam; -08-18-2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chipperjones View Post
        In 38 games, he has a 2.58 ERA thats pretty good, but hes no closer.
        chipper, you're right. But who should be the closer on this Dodgers team? I am far from getting "warm and fuzzies" with Broxton doing it. Maybe, we need to close by committee? I don't know. What's your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by YodaRam View Post
          If he has a couple of more outings like this one, can we call him Chan A-HO "OUT OF THE" Park?
          YODA, You stole my next line!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
            YODA, You stole my next line!
            MMmmm.........Jedi mind tricks work they do......hheeheehee!;)

RAM ON!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
              Coach Scott Linehan December, 1, 2006
              by RamWraith
              Head Coach Scott Linehan

December, 1, 2006

(Opening Statement and injury report)

“Everything is set; I don’t think there are any changes on our injury report. Nobody got any worse and the same guys are still out and I think that everybody we expect will be up.”

(On Cardinals RB Edgerrin James not getting many carries in last week’s game)

“I think they’ve been in some of those weird games like we were in a couple of weeks ago. I think they certainly intended on running more last week. I know it looked like they checked out of a lot of runs and got behind. Not many teams have run the ball very well against Minnesota, so they went with the same plan a lot of people had been doing and threw the ball. He’s still very dangerous and he got into a pretty decent rhythm and ran the ball pretty well against us last time, so that’s really what we’re looking at.”

(On G Adam Timmerman’s status)

“I think he’s fine. I don’t think he feels any different than he did last week. I think yesterday’s day off helped him. He’s beat up a little bit, so he’s just going to have to get as well as he can and get as many snaps as he can on Sunday.”

(On Adam Goldberg’s performance in last week’s game)

“He played a long series and played well. That’s the natural spot for him on the right side. He’s played that primarily and most of his time was at right guard and tackle, so he looked very comfortable there when he played.”

(On WR Willie Ponder returning kicks on Sunday)

“Right now that’s the plan, to have him up and return unless something happens between now and Sunday as far as our depth. But I’d like to have him up.”

(On University of Minnesota basketball coach Dan Monson’s resignation)

“I did talk to him last night. I’m as always disappointed for anybody in this profession because I know how much time and energy people put into it. But sometimes things don’t work out. He did it right there. He went in and took over a program that was decimated by scandal and losing scholarships. He lost his two or three best players after their sophomore years and one after his freshman year. He had a hard road, but he battled and he’ll land on his feet. I told him just to be proud every time he sees the Gonzaga team playing well because he was the person that set that up. He’ll land on his feet and do a great job for whoever hires him.”

(On his team’s readiness for Sunday’s game)

“I think it’s very good. We’re certainly building off the momentum that we gained from the game last week, we’re excited to play at home again, and it’s certainly a big division game. There’s kind of a new life and new energy around here, so I’d be surprised if we didn’t play well on...
              -12-01-2006, 06:06 PM
            • RamWraith
              Open Locker Room Quotes
              by RamWraith
              Saturday, December 4, 2004

DT Jimmy Kennedy

(On the defensive line setting the tempo)
              “Right now, as a team, our backs are against the wall. We have to see how we are going to respond. Are we going to come out fighting, or are guys going to go into the tank? I look in a bunch of guys’ eyes and know that they want to come out fighting. So from here on out, we are just trying to go out there, make the playoffs, win the division, and make the long run.”

(On 49er week)
              “We know we are playing the *****, and I think a lot of guys are putting in the extra time on film. We know who are opponent is, but right now we are really trying to fix the mistakes that we are making. Coach Martz always preaches at us, that it’s not about the other team, it’s about us, and right now we are shooting ourselves in the foot. So we really need to bounce back, and really show what type of team we are.”

(On how his recovery from his foot injury has been)
              “It’s been a battle. It’s a tough battle. I’ve been fighting through the soreness, and the scar tissue breaking up and having to go out there and practice. The way I feel now, is that I missed so much time that even if it’s sore, I still want to be out there on the field. So it’s definitely a tough battle right now.”

(On if his foot is still sore)
              “Here and there. Just from switching from outside on the field, to indoor turf, to going to the stadium turf, it is just the different surfaces that creates a different kind of feeling. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it bothers me when I plant, sometimes it hurts when I’m just running.”

WR Torry Holt

(On preparing the week after a loss)
              “It’s not (fun), and it’s been a consistent thing. It’s like, ‘oh, shoot, we need to go and watch this debacle (in films).’ We, as a collective group of players and coaches, need to continue to stick with one another, stay focused, and keep our eyes on our goals regardless of where we are. We are where we are. Our record is what it is, but we still have an opportunity left to finish up strong and move forward.”

(On the Rams’ offense)
              “I think we are real close. We need to go ahead and get it before it’s too late. With some of the shuffling that we’ve done on the offensive line, and guys getting hurt, and still being able to put up the numbers and move the ball the way we move the ball, I think is very impressive. That’s a good sign for us to say, ‘Hey, we put it together.’ Like myself last week with the two offsides. If I can stay onsides, hold my water and stay focused that would help us get better in the red zone. There are a lot of positive things we can take from these weeks, it’s just a matter of putting it together for these last five (weeks) and trying to make a run.”

(On the *****’ secondary)
              “I see a secondary that (has) a lot of guys that...
              -12-05-2004, 06:28 AM
            • RamWraith
              Locker Room Qoutes
              by RamWraith
              Thursday, September 30, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On preparing for the San Francisco game)
              “I think with them starting out the way they have, and obviously with our record, it’s almost a must-win game. We had two good games last year, overtime here, then they got us pretty good out there. But it’s always a good game between these two organizations, and being a division game, it’s pretty important.”

(On playing at San Francisco)
              “Last week, the way they got beat in Seattle, that’s not indicative of how good of a team they have. Just from watching some of their defense, they move around pretty well, and they have some incredible guys over there. It’s going to be a tough challenge this week.”

(On the Rams’ offensive style)
              “I think everyone would like to see us run the ball more, the players, and I’m sure Coach Martz too. But what I think what he meant was, if the pass is all that is going for us, than that’s what we are going to stick with. Whatever it takes to win, whether we run it every down, or pass it every down, as long as we win that’s all we care about in here. I think that’s the point that he’s trying to convey.”

(On if the team is in panic mode)
              “We are not in a panic. We know there is urgency in the situation we are in. I know how upset the fans get, and how upset everyone gets, but nobody wants to win more than us. The problem with that is if we dwell on the loss Sunday too much, then we won’t be prepared for San Francisco. We know they are getting ready right now, and if we are still worrying about last Sunday, then we will be in for a long game this Sunday. We made our corrections. You hate to say you had to move on, but you have to move on.”

(On if he has a good read on the ***** defense)
              “They do a lot of coverages, and have a lot of different fronts. We played against pretty much all of those guys last year, so personnel-wise, we know them.”

(On if their defense is different now that Jim Mora is not the defensive coordinator)
              “They do a lot of zone blitzing. (Mora) was probably a little more aggressive. That was just his style. They will still dial it up, and we will have to be prepared for a lot of things. Every week, some things you prepare for they don’t do, and some things you didn’t think they would do, they do. So we are just preparing for everything.”

DE Leonard Little

(On the defense not having a turnover)
              “That’s the way it is sometimes. It will turn around for us. We’ll start to get some turnovers and get our offense on the field a little more. We started 1-2 last year and people put us in the same position last year at this time, so we just need to come out and play our game.”

(On if the defense hasn’t been as aggressive as last year)
              “No, we just made some mental mistakes. It’s not like people...
              -09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
            • RamWraith
              Head Coach Scott Linehan--Monday, October 16, 2006
              by RamWraith
              (Opening statement-injury report)

“Madison Hedgecock, like we said last night, has a broken right thumb. He’ll have surgery tomorrow afternoon. He could possibly be available though for the San Diego game, obviously in a cast. We’ll know more about that. He’s got to get the swelling out. The main reason he’d probably be available is because we’ve got the week off, so he’ll be able to get the swelling out and all that. Fakhir Brown’s been certainly hobbled by the ankle. Hasn’t been able to go the last few games. It’s improving daily. He should be ready for San Diego, baring any setback, I would think. Everybody else is just the normal. I don’t think there would be anybody that would really be a concern for, after a bye week, of being ready to go. Guys that have had things in the past. Nothing really to report there.”

(Opening statement-DE Anthony Hargrove trade)

“I’m sure you all got the information today on a trade between ourselves and Buffalo with Tony Hargrove. There had been some inquiries…Buffalo had had some injuries in their defensive line at the end position. We, to this point, have not had too many problems with having a full group of guys available each Sunday. With that in mind, we were able to come to terms with a trade for a draft pick. Trading deadline was coming up quickly, so we agreed to that.”

(Opening statement-game update)

“Games like this, you see them every week. Certainly feels better to be on the winning end, but we’ve been on the favorable side of a couple of tight games, and we weren’t able to win this week. We’ve got to take both of those, victories and losses, with the same amount of focus, and still maintain that 24-hour period, which is a lot easier to do after a win, than a loss, but we’ve got to do it. I think this bye gives us an opportunity to get some guys healthy. I think our fullback position has, certainly, been one now that’s a concern…but possibly Madison being back. Our secondary's been a little banged up, but we should be able to ensure a full group of secondary guys back; assuming we don’t have any setbacks with them going into the San Diego game. It’s really important that we maintain that level of consistency with what we’re doing, and work to improve on a daily basis. You’ve got to do it, win or lose.”

(On possible alternatives if Hedgecock can’t play at San Diego)

“It looks like Paul’s best outlook is four weeks. That could be four weeks from the time of the surgery, or four games. Whichever comes first. I would think four weeks from today would be realistic to consider him playing, but I don’t any sooner than that. We know there’s a chance that Madison will be available. We will look at some fullbacks this week. The problem is that both guys are still on the roster, so to bring in another fullback, you’d have to cut somebody. We do have a roster spot...
              -10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
            • RamWraith
              Lots of good team quotes for the week
              by RamWraith
              Head Coach Scott Linehan

September 19, 2007

(Opening Remarks)

“Drew (Bennett), he got all of practice in so there shouldn’t be any issue with him playing this week. He was limited some, but just because we kept him out of things. Marc (Bulger) had full participation in practice. He was limited a little bit in his throwing, but he should be fine. Tye Hill did not practice. Richie Incognito did not practice. Claude Terrell had full practice and Pisa (Tinoisamoa) was limited. We’re headed in the right direction as far as getting guys back on the field. There shouldn’t be any surprises, hopefully we don’t have another Thursday like we had last week. Tomorrow we should be okay.”

(On G Milford Brown)

“He’s fine. There was no problem with him recovering from post game. He was a lot better yesterday and he went full today.”

(On T Alex Barron’s attributes)

“His athleticism. He’s ability to match up against speed. He has enough size to anchor. The ends aren’t getting any smaller these days. You go against some pretty incredible athletes over there. He’s been going against some pretty good ones on the other side. It’s kind of 50-50. He’s at the blind side of a right-handed quarterback. That’s very important for your quarterback knowing he’s going to see things to his right and to his left. He has to count on that guy and Alex’s No. 1 ability is to pass protect. He’s become a lot better run blocker as he’s progressed in his career. His overall talent. He’s really improved since he’s played for us in the last two years, and certainly since he came in the league.”

(On how to reduce the number of hits on the quarterback)

“You have to do it. The No. 1 best way to protect your quarterback is the run game. We have to get our run game going. It has not been satisfactory in the first two games. That has to be our strength – for our football team to run the ball offensively and to stop the run defensively. If you get your run game going there is a certain amount of respect that the defense gives the run game and it definitely helps your pass protection and puts you in better third-down position which is critical when you get in third-and-long or extra long. It gets the defensive ends; I know our defense is much, much better, when we get in those long-area situations because we’re equipped that way as far as our speed and all that. Until we do that it’s going to be a concern. There are other ways, protection schemes. It’s not always match protecting or keeping lots of people in. There is timing of routes. Everyone knows we have a deeper design to a number of our plays, but we have to pick and chose when we do those as well.”

(On averaging 5-6 yards a carry for a short period of time in each of the first two games)

“We’ve managed...
              -09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
            Working...
            X