Maddux returns......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maddux returns......

Greg Maddux has been traded to the Dodgers. No details on what the Padres get in return. (That part scares me a little) But i am glad to have this "old man" back for the stretch. With Penny back on the D.L. we need a pitcher that can give us quality starts (which he still can) and consistently last 7 innings (which he still does) taking some pressure off our over-worked (and showing it) bullpen.
    This may or may not get us over the hump. But this along with the acquisitions of Blake and Ramirez sends a message to me that this F.O. is dead serious about the Dodgers aiming to win the pennant this year.
    I sure miss Furcal and Saito right about now.
    Oh well. Let's see where this line-up takes us! I have quiet optimism.

RAM ON!

Related Topics

Collapse

• LaRamsFanLongTime
    Can the Dodgers get some pitching please?
    by LaRamsFanLongTime
    The boys really have been struggling in this area. They have some of the hottest bats and lead the league in alot of hitting catagories. The only time I feel good is when Penny is on the mound. He is even known to hit some RBIS from time to time.

With that being said though I have to admit this team is finally where they need to be at this point in the rebuilding process. They have a strong order and could put up the runs with just about anyone.They have some young talent and some good veterans. Garcia Parra is having a great year and is always there when the team needs him.

The Dodgers might make the playoffs this year maybe even win a few games but w/o the pitching its hard to beleive they will contend for the world series.

In the off season I see management locking up this batting order. They kind of have to dont they? Then its on to try and get a few strong pitchers. If they could add maybe one star pitcher to accompany Penny and pick up a couple of decent releivers this team has a great chance to push themselves up to the top of baseball.
    -07-10-2006, 12:52 PM
  • djones39
    Help Me Out (Im hurting)!!!
    by djones39
    Like most of you, I can n o longer talk to my buddies, or coworkers, or girlfriend. My days have been ruined, and my heart has been battered.

What hurts the most is knowing this:

On Sept 8, if someone, punk, woman, man , animal, whoever, would have said,

"The Rams, suck, and I'll bet you that they'll be 0-5"

Not only would I have laughed histerrically, I would have bet my life, I mean literally, my life.

This is just killing me, how far we are, away fromwhat i expected/ believed. It sucks when you expect to win and dont, my life has been consumed with confusion.

Someone please chear me up,

Because If the above scenario would have actually happened, I would truly be a dead man. I just can't swallow this 0-5 start.

Everyday it feels like i'm living a nightmare.

Thanks
    -10-11-2007, 08:59 AM
  • LaRamsFanLongTime
    OH Manny
    by LaRamsFanLongTime
    So they are saying its not steroids we will see. Im over all this stuff this game is forever tarnished.
    -05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
  • RAMMAN68
    Discipline and Motivation
    by RAMMAN68
    Through the first three games of the season, with all of the mistakes and stupid penalties, this team IMO lacks discipline and motivation to win. I think what is needed here is a dose of General George S. Patton. I think it would be a great pre - game speech.

"Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap!"

"I'm not going to have a man sitting here (crying), In front of these brave men who have been wounded in battle!; I won't have a man who's just afraid to fight; stinking up this place of honor!"

"Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that "we are holding our position." We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose!"

"We're gonna keep fighting. Is that CLEAR? We're gonna attack all night, we're gonna attack tomorrow morning. If we are not VICTORIOUS, let no man come back alive!"

If that dose not get them inspired to play then this team is in big trouble.

RAM ON! :ram:
    -09-28-2011, 11:35 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Things I'm sick of...
    by AvengerRam_old
    I'm so sick of...
    • The media treating "Ram Front Office Turmoil" as a major scoop. We all know the front office has had problems. We all know there has been a divide. We all know that Martz's illness has allowed his detractors to rise to the surface. We all know that the team's development has been impacted by these problems. But, I also have no doubt that the Rams' story is hardly as dramatic... hardly as unusual... and hardly as cut-and-dry as the Bernies, Silvers and others would have us believe. Remember, sports columnists are storytellers, not journalists. Good journalism often does not make for a good story.
    • The extremes of fandom. While I can't join in with those who see an upcoming seven game win streak, I'm also not ready to declare the Rams a lost cause. The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. The Rams have some talented players, both established and "up-and-coming." They need more, particularly in a few key positions. They also need coaches who can put it all together. As great fans have said for decades... there's always next year.
    • This season. This has been one of the least enjoyable Ram seasons in recent memory. Too much "he said, he said"... not enough Xs and Os. Too much disappointment, not enough hope. While I'll still be hyped for the games each Sunday, I have to admit... part of me just wants this year to be over with.
    Anyway, as my new sig says (Yes, I'm off the Vitt thing)...

THE HORNS WILL ENDURE!
    -11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Working...
X