Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES / LOS ANGELES DODGERS vs PHILADELPHILA PHILLIES

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES / LOS ANGELES DODGERS vs PHILADELPHILA PHILLIES

National League Championship Series

Los Angeles Dodgers

VS

Philadelphia Phillies

BEST 4 OUT OF 7

Game 1 / October 9 (Thursday) / Citizens Bank Ballpark (PHI) / (FOX) / (TBD)

Game 2 / October 10 (Friday) / Citizens Bank Ballpark (PHI) / (FOX) / (TBD)

Game 3 / October 12 (Sunday) / Dodger Stadium (LA) / (FOX) / (TBD)

Game 4 / October 13 (Monday) / Dodger Stadium (LA) / (FOX) / (TBD)

Game 5* / October 15 (Wednesday)

Game 6* / October 17 (Friday)

Game 7* / October 18 (Sunday)

* If nessasary
    Last edited by dgr828; -10-05-2008, 01:57 PM.
    sigpic

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES / LOS ANGELES DODGERS vs PHILADELPHILA PHILLI

4 days to get rested or rusty?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES / LOS ANGELES DODGERS vs PHILADELPHILA PHILLI

Originally posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
      4 days to get rested or rusty?
      That's a good Q? RnD. Baseball teams are "geared" to play, basically every day (pitchers not withstanding). In this case, i think that i have to go with "get rested". Especially for our younger players. This gives them a chance to get that first time, emotional "high" from winning the N.L.D.S. against the Cubs out of their system and re-focus on the next "mission". With the help of a host of veteran players that have been there before. Albeit, with other teams.

.........But, of course, "Rust Never Sleeps"!

Comment

I like the off time. It gives Joe Torre time to work his mental magic especially with the younger players.

We are going to beat the Phillies.....I'm guessing 6 games or less.
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

as much as i dont get the thrill of baseball and probably wont be able to watch it without falling asleep ..i hope the dodgers win!

Comment

Originally posted by YodaRam View Post
            That's a good Q? RnD. Baseball teams are "geared" to play, basically every day (pitchers not withstanding). In this case, i think that i have to go with "get rested". Especially for our younger players. This gives them a chance to get that first time, emotional "high" from winning the N.L.D.S. against the Cubs out of their system and re-focus on the next "mission". With the help of a host of veteran players that have been there before. Albeit, with other teams.

.........But, of course, "Rust Never Sleeps"!
            I 'think' I agree with you littlegreenramfan, for the kids who are not yet used to the longer season it is a chance to recharge their batteries, for the veterans it is a chance to re-focus.

Yet rust is a cancer which works to diminish the strength of even the strongest.
            RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
              I like the off time. It gives Joe Torre time to work his mental magic especially with the younger players.

We are going to beat the Phillies.....I'm guessing 6 games or less.
              In the two four game series against the Phillies in the regular season this year we swept them in L.A. They swept us in Philly. They have the home field advantage. If this trend continues, we cannot win this series. And, although, i think this is a different team (Dodgers) than when we were swept by the Phillies. So are the Phillies. Their pitchers are excelling and they are producing runs. I think that it is imperative that we leave Philly with at least a split. If not, well you fill in the blanks ..........C_ _ _ and D_ _ _ _ _ _ t_ _ P_ _ _ _ .

Comment

Well Yoda,

Here's looking for a split after giving up 3 runs on two HR's.....
                RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Well Yoda,

Here's looking for a split after giving up 3 runs on two HR's.....
                  No doubt, RnD. Lowe was looking good until Furcal committed the error in the sixth. I don't know if that threw him off mentally (pitchers are fickle). But he sure served up a couple of "fat" pitches after that! We let that one get away from us.
                  I really do like our chances tomorrow with Billingsley on the mound against Myers! I think Hamels is by far their best pitcher. And we won't see him again for a few games. But i'll say it again. WE NEED A SPLIT IN PHILLY!
                  Last edited by YodaRam; -10-09-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

As long as we win all our home games it doesn't matter which game we win in Philly.

GO DODGERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
                      As long as we win all our home games it doesn't matter which game we win in Philly.

GO DODGERS!!!!
                      You're right, laramO! And down 2 games to 0 after Billingsley's poor performance today (which surprised me) we better win all our home games. This is why i believed it was so important to leave Philly with a split early in the series. Now, even if we win 2 of 3 in L.A. We still would have our backs against the wall and would have to win games 6 AND 7 in their house. A TALL order, to be sure, since we are a combined 0-6 in their park this year. And i know that the Phillies are 0-4 in L.A. this season. But i think that they'll be able to play a lot "looser ball" knowing that all they need is 1 win in L.A. to have the considerable advantage of going back home to their crowd knowing they still would have a margin for error.
                      What also bothers me is the way they won Game 2. With "small ball" instead of depending on the "long ball". That has to build confidence for them heading to Dodger Stadium. The pressure is definitely on the dodgers, now.
                      I am not saying that we can't get it done. I believe that we can! And hope that we do!

GO DODGER BLUE!!! WIN 3 IN L.A.!!!

Comment

You're right Yoda,

Well we won game one at Dodger Stadium. Each game we win at home adds pressure to that Philly team.

Comment

I think we have more pressure now than the Phillies...

But then maybe MLB will instruct the umpires to "let" the Dodgers win as who really wants to see a Rays VS Phillies World Series?
                          RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I think we have more pressure now than the Phillies...

But then maybe MLB will instruct the umpires to "let" the Dodgers win as who really wants to see a Rays VS Phillies World Series?
                            I believe you recently had a birthday and if so, hope it was a happy one!

The Dodgers are certainly under alot of pressure. The young kids are showing their lack of playoff experience. I hate to say it but the Dodgers are choking it away! Despite the awesome play of Manny Ramierez. Loney, Either, Kemp, Russell and the rest of the Dodgers youth will have to learn when you get to this stage, you must elevate your game. The whole world is watching and youth is not an excuse for failure, just look at the Tampa Rays.
                            Also our pitching staff has been exposed in this series and Torre's managing should be called into question.

Once again DEM BUMS will have to wait til next year! Hopefully then they'll learn to bleed DODGER BLUE!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
                              I believe you recently had a birthday and if so, hope it was a happy one!

The Dodgers are certainly under alot of pressure. The young kids are showing their lack of playoff experience. I hate to say it but the Dodgers are choking it away! Despite the awesome play of Manny Ramierez. Loney, Either, Kemp, Russell and the rest of the Dodgers youth will have to learn when you get to this stage, you must elevate your game. The whole world is watching and youth is not an excuse for failure, just look at the Tampa Rays.
                              Also our pitching staff has been exposed in this series and Torre's managing should be called into question.

Once again DEM BUMS will have to wait til next year! Hopefully then they'll learn to bleed DODGER BLUE!!!
                              Down 3-1 is tough. Not to mention the Phillies ace Cole Hamels is pitching game 5. I haven't given up hope......We are still alive!!!

Comment