Bonds goes for 700 tonight!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonds goes for 700 tonight!!!

Being a Giants fan I am of course cheering him on. I know he hasn't been the easiest player to root for because of his attitude but, hitting 700 HR's is simply amazing. I expect some will say he is juiced but until he is proven guilty I will hold judgment. Regardless, what he is about to accomplish is still something I honestly didn't think I would ever see.

Re: Bonds goes for 700 tonight!!!

I, for one, am tired of all the homeruns. Guys batting averages could be better, but everyone is swinging for the fences. Give me "small ball" anyday, more skill and speed.

Good luck to Barry, but like you said some people will say he's juiced. That alone will turn people away.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong DJ, but aren't you an Angels fan?

Comment

Actually, I thought I heard this morning that he'll go for 700 tomorrow, as they are off tonight. I'd look it up, but being a Dodger's fan, I have my site blocking software set to make sure I never go to the Giants or Niners web page...
        This space for rent...

Comment

thoey, you are right. I saw a Brewers commercial FOX Sports Net saying it was tonight, guess they played the ad a little early. Funny how they are trying to get people to watch the Brewers by advertising the fact that Bonds is going for 700.

On another note Dodgers and the G-men have some important games coming up, could be a swing in the division. Good luck, as I too make sure the Dodgers web sites never come. But what a rivalry huh?

Comment

No, not an Angels fan. I like to root for the Twins as I live in Rochester, NY, home of the Twins's AAA affiliate, Rochester Red Wings.

Comment

In case anyone didn't notice, BB is at 701...

Comment

Working...
              X