How Bout Those Lakers?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Bout Those Lakers?!!!!

The Lakers were in Boston last night for their final game of the regular season against the Celtics. Lakers won the game by 1 point in overtime. This completed a sweep of the 2 game regular season series. I watched the entire game sitting on the edge of my seat. The Lakers didn't play their best game and still came away with a huge win even with everything stacked against them.

1. 3rd game in 4 days on the road (all wins by the way)
    2. Beat the Celtics in Boston with the fans chanting BEAT L A!
    3. No Andrew Bynum!!!

I would like to add that the Boston Celtics are the biggest bunch of crybabies in the NBA! Maybe that's why they lead the NBA in technical fouls?!!!
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: How Bout Those Lakers?!!!!

Lakers will have a tough task against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday. This will be the great match up between Kobe and Lebron. The Cavs have yet to lose at home this season, 23-0. A Lakers win would be huge!
    sigpic

Comment

Celtics crybabies? Yeah, well, when you are getting jobbed by the refs. So your Lakers won a small skirmish. Celtics will spank the Lakers when it counts in the playoffs. Care to make it interesting? PM me.
      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
        Lakers will have a tough task against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday. This will be the great match up between Kobe and Lebron. The Cavs have yet to lose at home this season, 23-0. A Lakers win would be huge!
        Cavaliers are now 23-1 at home.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman View Post
          Celtics crybabies? Yeah, well, when you are getting jobbed by the refs. So your Lakers won a small skirmish. Celtics will spank the Lakers when it counts in the playoffs. Care to make it interesting? PM me.
          ;)
          If there's one thing I've learned over the many years of being a Lakers fan. Don't bet on the Finals if we are playing the CELTICS!

They are still the biggest cry babies in the NBA though.

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
            If there's one thing I've learned over the many years of being a Lakers fan. Don't bet on the Finals if we are playing the CELTICS!

They are still the biggest cry babies in the NBA though.
            WE'RE NOT SCARED OF NO STINKIN' CELTICS! :p
            Last edited by dgr828; -02-08-2009, 04:32 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

God hates the Celtics.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• laram0
                L. A. Lakers
                by laram0
                I don't get to see much of the Lakers out here in Mass.. How do they look??

Make a splash in the playoffs or what?

How's this kid Bynum look?

I am overly excited that the Boston Celtics have lost 14 in a row!
                -02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
              • RAMMAN68
                Lakers
                by RAMMAN68
                OK Laker fans, they are down 1 game to 0 and already are down by 12 in the 2nd. What will happen?

Do the Lakers have what it takes to pull this series out? Or will they fold as expected? :x
                -04-24-2007, 08:41 PM
              • laram0
                Lakers
                by laram0
                They better wake-up.

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when Phil Jackson addressed the team after Sundays loss. Also for any and all practices leading up to tonights game.

Big game tonight with the series being tied. (2-2)

GO LAKERS!!!
                -05-12-2009, 12:41 PM
              • RamsFan16
                Daily Dime: How the Lakers can stun Suns
                by RamsFan16
                How the Lakers can stun Suns
                By Greg Anthony
                ESPN Insider

All of the playoff teams are now set. Sacramento, Chicago, the Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento, welcome to the party. With three nights of regular season action left, some matchups won't be set until the final game Wednesday night.

Among the pairings that are almost nailed down, I think the likely Western Conference No. 7 seed Lakers are going to have a really good chance in the series with the No. 2 Suns. That's based on more than just Kobe Bryant and Co. looking very good against a Phoenix team Sunday playing without Steve Nash, Raja Bell and much motivation. But this win still means something to the Lakers, because they dominated the game.

Now if the Kings (43-38) beat Seattle at home on Tuesday, and the Lakers (44-37) lose at home Wednesday to the Hornets, then Sacramento would slide up to the No. 7 seed by virtue of superior division record tiebreakers. But the Lakers control their destiny.

If and when the Suns and Lakers meet again, here's how I think the Lakers can win. There's a formula that you have to implement against Phoenix, and it requires discipline. It's about controlling tempo.

So this is where a coach like Phil Jackson earns his money.

I liken the Suns to a run-and-shoot team in football. And the way to combat that approach is with a running game in football -- in basketball you stop them by dominating the paint. That slows the tempo down.

On this Shaq-less team, Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant have to be the ones doing the damage in the paint. They can't settle for jumpers every time.

A successful post game demands a double team, and that brings extra help below the free-throw line. This would give the Lakers' defense that much more time to get back in transition. The Lakers have to do that. Phoenix excels at shooting the 3 in transition.

The Lakers have a good chance in a seven-game series. The Lakers have an opportunity to come in riding a five-game win streak, playing the best hoop in their division.

I think it's going to be a very interesting series because the Lakers are a better basketball team than they were in the first half. I don't think Phoenix is playing as well as it did in the first half. This makes for a very compelling series. The key for the Lakers will be winning one of those first two games in Phoenix.

Elsewhere, a team that clinched Sunday but is still likely to be in full playoff-drive mode is the Wizards (40-40), who beat potential first-round foe Cleveland. The Wiz are in a good position in that they are still motivated to keep the No. 5 seed and a matchup with the Cavs.

So even though Washington is in, the game Tuesday against the Bucks holds seeding implications. Cleveland is the worst of the top four and the team the Wiz have the best chance of beating. The...
                -04-17-2006, 01:11 AM
              • dgr828
                Will the Lakers go undefeated this season?
                by dgr828
                Kobe and the 'Lake Show' are 3-0 so far in the new season. They should be 4-0 by Wednesday, when they hook up with 0-3 LA Clippers again. Lakers beat A. I. and the Denver Nuggets on Saturday, then the Nuggets promptly ship Allen Iverson to Detroit for Chaucey Billups and Antonio McDyess.
                I'm already psyched about this years NBA season, especially since my Rams are done for the year. GO LAKERS!
                -11-03-2008, 11:36 PM
              Working...
              X