Manny being Manny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny being Manny

Is he going to sign with the Dodgers? What's the latest news on this guy?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: Manny being Manny

As of Saturday, February 21, 2009 looks like the Dodgers and Manny are deep discussions. Expect MAN~RAM to don the blue LA cap within the next 48 hours.
    Stay tune! Will keep you posted!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dgr828 View Post
      As of Saturday, February 21, 2009 looks like the Dodgers and Manny are deep discussions. Expect MAN~RAM to don the blue LA cap within the next 48 hours.
      Stay tune! Will keep you posted!
      Anything new???? Manny being Manny?
      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Ramirez agrees to a two-year, $45-million deal; it includes an opt-out clause that he can exercise at the end of the first year. The outfielder still must pass a physical before signing.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• LaRamsFanLongTime
          OH Manny
          by LaRamsFanLongTime
          So they are saying its not steroids we will see. Im over all this stuff this game is forever tarnished.
          -05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
        • Rip32
          Manny Lawson
          by Rip32
          Just ran a 4.41 forty.. Not official..

I think with that he has solidified himself as a first rounder.

Mario Williams ran a 4.76.

:clanram:
          -02-27-2006, 12:07 PM
        • Nick
          Is Manny Lawson being overrated by fans?
          by Nick
          If he is, I'm as guilty as the next guy, because I have him projected to go to Cleveland right now. But according to Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown, Lawson is at best a late first rounder right now.

The real DE/OLB tweener whom scouts apparently feel is a mid first prospect?

Kamerion Wimbley
          -03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
        • Bruce=GOAT
          Dodgers sign Jason Schmidt
          by Bruce=GOAT
          The Los Angeles Dodgers have landed the biggest free agent prize of MLB's offseason signing ace RHP Schmidt to a 3 year deal.

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...ns#schmidtdone

Here are my thoughts (for the 1 or 2 people interested, lol) on these moves and the Dodgers future:

I will admit that I have been opposed to the Gonzo signing, maybe I am a Homer, but I am not so upset with it as long as Ethier starts in RF. Gonzo is a solid veteran presence and could pop around 20 Hrs and 45 2Bs.

Loney being on the big club and spelling Nomar once to twice a week, while being the first option off the bench is acceptable to me. This leaves Saenz as the #2 pinch hitter which is very good. He is a great bench option and decent at the corners. Martinez is a solid hitter/fielder bench player and Repko provides great D and great base running ability. Lofton ?

We now have a great rotation top to bottom and have basically kept all of our top prospects(Under the "Colletti era".) We added Ethier and Betemit, unloaded a headache (Bradley) and have seasoned the rest with Bills showing much promise in the bigs.

I think Coletti has a great understanding of what is going to get us to the WS THIS YEAR!! He has also shown that he will make the big move when needed.

We are now deep at SP and should keep it that way unless a blow your mind offer arises ie:Cabrera, Texeira, etc. I am not happy with Hendrickson and Tomko on the team in any capacity, however when Brazoban and Kuo come up, they will hopefully be gone.

I have truly felt for the last couple yrs that the Dodgers will win the World Series in 2007 and today's moves make me feel even more confident. As another poster earlier stated, the playoffs/WS are won generally by top of the line SP and we now have two very good ones (Schmidt,Lowe) and potentially two more (Penny,CBills) with a solid fifth (Wolf) to man the bullpen in the playoffs.

On a sentimental note, I hate to see Gagne go, but he is not worth the money he reportedly demands with the lofty hopes that he becomes the next Trevor Hoffman. We got what probably are his best years and I wish him well, but he will probably be replaced by Brazoban (on the roster, not as closer) when he recovers. Saito and Broxton have the late innings sewn up and Beimel is great vs. lefties.

I say call it quits for the offseason and injuries notwithstanding (a big if) I see us winning it all this year.
          -12-07-2006, 01:17 AM
        • RamsFan16
          Manny Lawson interview
          by RamsFan16
          http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=11113

Video: Its on the link.

Q: Would you feel most comfortable as a outside linebacker or a defensive end?
          Lawson: Wherever a team wants to put me, so long as I can play.

Q: If you went to a 4-3 team, what weight do you think you come become eventually?
          Lawson: The way I look at it, my weight can hold a lot, but I don't want to substitute weight for speed, so I'll probably stop adding weight whenever I start slowing down.

Q: What's the most you've ever weighed?
          Lawson: The most I've ever weighed is 247.

Q: Are you going to do all the workouts at the Combine?
          Lawson: Yes.

Q: Who all have you met with here at the Combine?
          Lawson: The Falcons, Jaguars, Dallas, New York Giants, Tampa Bay...I can't remember all of them. I had eight interviews last night.

Q: How about the Dolphins?
          Lawson: I have not met with them. I actually met with them at the Senior Bowl.

Q: Is there a certain way to block punts like you did so much in college?
          Lawson: There is a specific technique. Really, I think the knack is ‘want to,' as coach [Chuck] Amato would call it. If you want to get back there, you'll do anything or whatever it takes to get back there.

Q: How do you feel about being compared to linebacker/defensive end tweeners like Willie McGinest?
          Lawson: It's crazy because they've done things I have not yet done, so I don't know what to say.

Q: Do you think Mario Williams complemented you as much as you were a complement to him at State?
          Lawson: I think it goes both ways. When you see one guy coming around the corner, you're definitely not going to run his way, so you're automatically going to go the other way and into the next guy, who you don't see. I think we both complemented each other.

Q: Are you faster than Mario?
          Lawson: By far. It's not even close. Not even.

Q: You did jumps for N.C. State track?
          Lawson: Yes. Long jump and triple jump. I ran track all the way up until my junior year. I stopped before my senior year so I could focus more on football and get closer to [weighing] 400 pounds [laughs].

Q: How many reps did you do in the bench?
          Lawson: I did 23 reps.

Q: Is that the most you've ever done?
          Lawson: Actually, that's the only time I've ever done it.

Q: Where are you training?
          Lawson: Phoenix, Arizona. Fisher Sports wish Brett Fisher.

Q: Did you put 25 pounds on before your senior year?
          Lawson: Yes.

Q: How?
          Lawson: Baked potatoes. Baked potatoes and right after I ate baked potatoes, I went to the gym. Just constantly eating and then working out rather than eating and running and then working out.

Q: How much have you played standing up like a linebacker?
          Lawson:...
          -02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
        Working...
        X