Have congratulated the Magic?
    YES
    57.14%
    NO
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

sigpic :ram::helmet:

Re: Should Lebron James....

I voted "yes" for one simple reason. What kind of sportsmanship is he showing the kids that idolize him and even the kids that don't?

I've played in many organized sports leagues. From baseball to basketball to football even bowling. Sure I've gone head to head with individuals that I had no use for and I'm sure that person felt the same way towards me. "We" always went through the congrats ritual no matter what.

Look at boxers or even more the Mixed martial arts world. These guys pound eachother beyond recognition sometimes. Yet they still show the respect to the other guy win or lose.

I guess Lebron still has some growing up to do?
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I'm sure he was very disappointed with the way things turned out, but I agree he should have showed a little sportsmanship before bolting off the court. It surprises me because he's done practically everything right during his career and the failure to give any congratulations was a bit out of character. That said, it's a pretty small blip on the radar and something that most NBA stars have done at one time or another after a tough loss.

Comment

I don't agree with what he did by not shaking the hands of the other players, but i can understand why he did not do it. it would be hard to give it your all and have the highest numbers among your players and then to lose.

I see where he is coming from, why am i going to go up to them and congratulated him on kick our butts

Comment

im often split on "sportmanship" issues...in this instance he probably should have shook hands but theres worse crimes in sport.

the one about not running the score up on opposition is one im not a fan of...if it`s boxing the ref wont allow a boxer to be destroyed and that`s a good thing but what does it do to a team by running up the score on them?
          destroy their will? maybe..
          but if a team aint good enough then they should have a beating and either man-up and respond to the beating in the game or future games or get out of the sport and let other more stronger willed sportsmen or women take their places.

with kids playing or say a team consisting of people with disablities..then i can understand the wish to not run up the score but screw it with able bodied adults...and thats coming from a Rams fan whose team could have had some shocking scores against them in the last few years.

is an un-written rule i dont understand and makes stats that lie.

went slightly off topic i guess with this post but..well its "sportsmanship" related...

Comment

No way. He gave it his all in the series and his teammates and coach let him down. He was frustrated.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Yodude
              More Ditka....
              by Yodude
              From an interview with USATODAY....

Q: Has anything Ricky Williams done in the last few months surprised you?

A: Everything he's done has surprised me. He's not the same person now as he was when I drafted him (with the New Orleans Saints). I don't really know this guy. I wouldn't take him back. I wouldn't want him on my football team. He's not reliable, he's not dependable. He certainly wasn't doing drugs when he came out. He had a little trouble being around people. But we got along pretty well. But he got into a little different environment (in Miami) and met some people, and that probably weren't the best things for him. Ricky's not a leader, he's a follower. And that's the problem sometimes — he's too nice a guy. He doesn't know how to say no.

Q: In 1985, you came about as close to perfect (15-1) with the Bears as you can get. Talk about what the Patriots are going through.

A: It's harder to do what the Patriots are doing now than what we did and the Dolphins did (in 1972). It's harder to keep good people around. But the Patriots keep plugging in good people, they've got a great organization, great ownership and good coaching. If they were to run the table and win the Super Bowl and go undefeated, by far they would have to be considered the best team ever, regardless of how many great Hall of Famers they have on the team now. Football is about a team, and they are the best team I've seen. They don't have a lot of great stars, but they are a great team.

Q: What is the biggest difference in the league today from when you played?

A: Well, players are bigger, but I refuse to say they're stronger and faster. ... They train better, sports medicine's better, rehabilitation's better, everything's better. You can change everything, but when you open up a guy and look inside his heart, that doesn't change. Great players are great players in any era. Great players have heart, they have a will to win, they have a will for discipline, they work harder. Payton had talent but he was my hardest worker. ... The big difference today is money, free agency, lack of loyalty, by coaches, owners and players. It's a business. It's the greatest game in the world ..., but it's a business. I love it, I love to watch it, and I just hope the people playing it appreciate it.

Q: Are you surprised by what has happened with Tom Coughlin in New York?

A: I don't think it's important if players are there 15 minutes early. It's important that they're on time, that they understand the rules, and you have to put them in the best frame of mind to prepare for the game and go out and play on Sunday. You can have rules and rules are essential. But you can have rules that go beyond making sense. But that's just me. Coughlin can do what he wants and he's done it well and he's been successful. But there has to be fun in football....
              -10-15-2004, 04:00 AM
            • HUbison
              Bradley accuses Kent of racism, lack of leadership
              by HUbison
              Bradley accuses Kent of racism, lack of leadership

August 24, 2005
              LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Milton Bradley and Jeff Kent are still at odds. Los Angeles Dodgers manager Jim Tracy and general manager Paul DePodesta wish they weren't -- especially now that Bradley has injected race into the equation.

Bradley accused Kent of a lack of leadership and an inability to deal with black players in a 15-minute session with reporters at his locker before Tuesday night's 8-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies.

The remarks came only a couple of minutes after he said that the feud between the two that became public last weekend in Florida was a ``dead issue.''

``The problem is, he doesn't know how to deal with African-American people,'' Bradley said. ``I think that's what's causing everything. It's a pattern of things that have been said -- things said off the cuff that I don't interpret as funny. It may be funny to him, but it's not funny to Milton Bradley. But I don't take offense to that because we all joke about race in here. Race is an issue with everything we do in here.

``Me being an African-American is the most important thing to me -- more important than baseball,'' said the 27-year-old center fielder, whose voice never went beyond his normal speaking level. ``White people never want to see race -- with anything. But there's race involved in baseball. That's why there's less than 9 percent African-American representation in the game. I'm one of the few African-Americans that starts here.''

Bradley did not like what Kent said to him after he failed to score from first base on a double in Saturday's victory over the Florida Marlins. Bradley initiated a 25-minute closed-door meeting with Tracy after that game.

``I was told in spring training I was the team leader -- by Paul DePodesta. By Jim Tracy. By (team owner) Frank McCourt,'' Bradley said. ``Growing up in L.A., I know how to deal with all types of people, and I do it on an everyday basis. But some people don't deal with all different types of people every day, and therefore don't know how to handle situations when they arise.''

DePodesta issued a statement after Tuesday's game, saying: ``Everyone at the Los Angeles Dodgers is committed to winning. It has been a frustrating season for all of us and our fans, as we have dealt with plenty of adversity.

``We have a talented team of passionate players who take their performance -- as well as the team's performance -- personally. Under the circumstances, it is not unusual for players' emotions to run high. However, if and when any issue arises that runs contrary to the goals and values of the organization, there should be no question that we address it.''

Kent hadn't yet arrived at his locker when Bradley began his criticism of him, but Bradley accused the media of coming to his locker first Tuesday...
              -08-25-2005, 05:58 AM
            • RamDez
              Rams Q-&-A: LB James Laurinaitis
              by RamDez
              LB James Laurinaitis

April 25, 2009

(On how it feels to be a Ram)

ďItís a little bit surreal right now. Iím just happy to say Iím finally in the NFL.Ē

(On if he has any regrets going to school for his senior year since he was projected to go in the first round of last yearís NFL Draft)

ďNo, not at all. I got to experience so many great things this year as a senior. Being a part of the first Ohio State team to beat Michigan five times in a row and Senior Day and being a two-time captain. Just things that I wouldnít have been able to accomplish if I would have left early. To me itís always been more about relationships and experiences and I donít regret it at all.Ē

(On why he wanted to be a Ram so bad)

ďItís awesome; itís a great feeling. Just because I know a few guys on the team, Larry Grant, was a guy I played with at Ohio State. Chris Long, I met Chris on the whole award tour last year and what a good guy that kid is. And both called me already and are excited and I think we have a great future. I think we chance to turn things around and be able to do some good things in that conference.Ē

(On where he sees himself fitting in the Rams defense)

ďI havenít even thought about that. Iíll hopefully go in and contribute in any way possible really. Whether itís special teams, starting, whatever it is I donít know. Iím just in such a whirlwind right now that I havenít even thought about that yet. But Iíll play wherever they want me to and contribute the best way that I can.Ē

(On what goes through his mind when other teams that have shown interest in him make another selection)

ďYou canít take anything personal I say. But the first thing that goes through your mind is that whatever happens, happens and itís gonna all work out in the end. Itís mostly about what you do once you get picked and not, you know, this whole process a lot of guys get picked early and then they are out of the league four or five years later, so you have to be able to set new goals and have dreams and really work hard to accomplish those things. Thatís what Iím trying to do and itíll be exciting to have a new fresh start here in St. Louis.Ē

(On if he thinks the middle linebacker position is his best position and where heís most comfortable)

ďYeah, I love playing the middle. I think middle is a thing I succeed at pretty regularly and itís just where Iíve been comfortable the last three years. Unfortunately, at Ohio State Iíve taken some ďWillĒ as well because thereís a lot of defenses where the Mike-backer is actually more at the Will-backer, so Iíve been able to play a little bit of both. But like you said, Iíve played ďMikeĒ and Iím used to it and if thatís where Coach wants to put me then thatís where Iíll be absolutely happy to play.Ē
              -04-26-2009, 01:30 AM
            • Will51
              ok this is making me mad, so listen up!
              by Will51
              im a huge ohio state fan, i have watched jlau play his whole career and he reminds me of urlacher in every way. I cant stand how everyone thinks maluaga was a better pick. jlau had a better 40 time, a higher verticle, more tackles, interceptions, sacks, tackles for a loss and did better at his pro day. Now this being said there is only ONE reason everyone who doesnt like this pick would have chosen malaluga.... and thats cause he is a heavy hitter. Well take a look at the NFL in the new era. Lb's arent normally big hitters any more, they just need to make the sure tackles, the big hitters are the safeties these days. Is urlacher considered a big hitter? no , but can he lay a hit , yes. How about vilma, pierce, ruud, scott,tatupu, all of these LB,s are considered sure tacklers but not nesseceraily heavy hitters(now dont get me wrong im sure they can all lay the wood) but how can anyone favor rey over james? jlau beats him in every category that means anything, hes better in coverage which means the world on those 3rd and 4's when play action is called instead of a run. i have hoped and prayed for the last 2 years the rams would get him and i was praying that rey would have been off the board in the 2nd round so there was no chance of us passing james for rey, all of the doubters will see when james is packing his bags for hawaii
              -04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
            • Bruce=GOAT
              Hulk Hogan: I thank God I'm alive
              by Bruce=GOAT
              http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...351002,00.html

WWE wrestling news Ė The LilsBoys' Over The Top Rope

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
              Hogan: I thank God I'm alive

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
              August 04, 2007

WRESTLING legend Hulk Hogan has lashed out at the industry which made him a megastar.

And he has demanded an end to the decades-long cover-up of steroid abuse in the sport.

Hogan, 54, took the muscle-enhancing drugs almost daily for 16 years during his career and says he can spot a user a mile off.

With more than 100 grapplers dying before the age of 50 in the last decade, he is begging others to face up to the crisis.

The Sun has been leading an anti-steroid abuse campaign since wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and seven-year-old son before committing suicide in June.

A handful of former stars have already spoken out and prompted US politicians to start investigating the industry.

But many in the WWE, the world's biggest fight franchise, deny there is a problem and have blasted their ex-colleagues as bitter failures who haven't wrestled in years.

They cannot same the same about Hogan, wrestling's equivalent of Pele or Muhammad Ali who was fighting for them just 12 months ago.

In an exclusive Sun interview, he said: "Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Oh God yeah. They have always been a part of the business. It's prevalent.

"But there's not some big mystery to it. Just open your eyes and it's there. You can look at a wrestler and pretty much tell.

"They will be above their weight range, with these big veins. My body weight is around 285lb, depending on how much junk I eat. Even if I was 25 and clean, I could probably only carry 300lb.

"Yet when I was wrestling I weighed anywhere between 320 and 340lb, because my body was full of water weight.

"My face was puffy, my arms were so bulky I couldn't touch my shoulders. You could take one look at me and know I was on something.

"Steroids have been around for ever in other sports too, but if we have to pick on somebody now then let's pick on wrestling.

"I'm glad the business is in the spotlight because they're probably the only ones smart enough, after being able to dodge it for so long, to know how to fix it."

The Hulkster added: "I remember up until the early 1990s any wrestler could walk into a doctor and they'd write you a prescription for steroids.

"Then there was a huge trial where WWE boss Vince McMahon was unfairly accused and rightly acquitted of distributing the drugs to his workers.

"This ushered in the era of wrestlers playing 'hide and seek'.
              -08-05-2007, 02:28 AM
            Working...
            X