Diamond bar stadium, how far are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond bar stadium, how far are you?

They just broke ground on the new stadium in Diamond bar CA. I was just wondering if anyone is
    close. Im about 12 miles away in corona. If the rams do move this way
    i hope to see some of you guys at the game.. It's going to be jacksonvile jags, ...but i have some hope for the Rams to move here.

Re: Diamond bar stadium, how far are you?

I was born in Corona, Ca when my dad was stationed @ March Air Force Base.

I believe on a good day I am roughly 200 miles from Diamond Bar.

Close enough to be affected by a black-out, no doubt.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

I'm assuming that you're hoping that the Rams will be one of the
      NFL teams to come to the stadium if it gets built. I've heard that the Chargers
      would also be one of the teams interested since they can't come to
      any kind of agreement for the city of S.D. building a new stadium for them. By the way where is Arroyo Grande located.

Comment

Originally posted by rayzorram View Post
        By the way where is Arroyo Grande located.

Arroyo Grande is almost exactly 1/2 way between L.A. and San Fran off the 101. Next to Pismo Beach and Oceano (which is where the Dune Buggies come to play). I am about 10 miles closer to Diablo Canton Nuclear power plant than am to Vandenberg Air Force Base. and about 15-20 Miles South of San Luis Obispo. That help at all? >8)

I don't expect the Rams to come back to CA any time soon, and I could not afford to go very often even if they did. :|
        RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
          Arroyo Grande is almost exactly 1/2 way between L.A. and San Fran off the 101. Next to Pismo Beach and Oceano (which is where the Dune Buggies come to play). I am about 10 miles closer to Diablo Canton Nuclear power plant than am to Vandenberg Air Force Base. and about 15-20 Miles South of San Luis Obispo. That help at all? >8)

I don't expect the Rams to come back to CA any time soon, and I could not afford to go very often even if they did. :|
          Nice to know that you're and Ram and Dodger fan than a *****whiner and G-aints fan since you're up in that area. My drive would be about 40 min. if they end up in the City of Industry. Heard already that the city signed a 20 million deal with Diamond Bar in which they would annually get @ $700,000 for street improvements, park renovations etc. Also the neighboring city of Walnut City Council voted 3:1 with one abstaining vote to agree on an environmental impact of the building of the Stadium. Have you seen what the Stadium will look like? If not then just type in on the internet Los Angeles Stadium to get an idea of what they are proposing. Definetly will be worth saving up to make the trip Especially if the Rams to come back to So. Cal.

Comment

Hey beer what part of Corona you from I grew up out there lived off avenida del vista. I live in temecula now.

I really hope the Rams come home nothing against St Louis or the fans just want my team back home. It would take me about an hour to get the game and I would try and buy season tickets if the Rams come home,

Comment

Originally posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
              Hey beer what part of Corona you from I grew up out there lived off avenida del vista. I live in temecula now.

I really hope the Rams come home nothing against St Louis or the fans just want my team back home. It would take me about an hour to get the game and I would try and buy season tickets if the Rams come home,
              Your location says you live in Murrieta, I live there too. It's a small world after all

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Yeah I always say temecula because no one knows where murrieta is

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ramsanddodgers
                  Rams Stadium passes $4 Billion
                  by ramsanddodgers
                  This new Los Angeles Rams stadium better be good.

We know it will be expensive, to a record level. Sports Business Journal reported that costs for the new stadium in Inglewood have passed $4 billion. You read that right.

Stadium costs have gone way up through the years, but no other stadium in the United States has come anywhere close to this. SBJ said the most expensive stadium previous to this was MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, and that cost $1.7 billion. The Raiders’ new stadium in Las Vegas is expected to cost more than $2 billion. That’s still less than half of what the Rams stadium, which will also be used by the Los Angeles Chargers, will cost. Cost keeps rising

When Rams owner Stan Kroenke first got approval to move his team from St. Louis to Los Angeles, his proposed stadium was slated to cost $2.3 billion, SBJ said. That would have been the most expensive stadium in U.S. sports. About $2 billion has been added onto the cost since then.

In March, the Los Angeles Times reported the price had crept to about $3 billion. Sports Business Journal said the price is now an estimated $4.25 billion. SBJ cited sources that were involved in a bank meeting on May 4 to arrange a $2.25 billion loan. What is costing so much?

The stadium project always had big expectations. It was designed to be an enormous complex, designed to be an entertainment district as well as host big events like Super Bowls.

The extra costs, in part, come from ensuring the stadium can withstand an earthquake, SBJ reported. There have also been other costs like access roads and utilities that are adding to the price tag.

That $4.25 billion figure doesn’t even include the entire complex. It does include a 6,000-seat amphitheater, SBJ said, but not retail space and commercial development or a new NFL Network headquarters. When all that is included, the total project cost could exceed $5 billion, Sports Business Journal said. Kroenke has $1.6 billion invested

SBJ broke down the investment in the stadium as $2.25 billion for various banks, $1.6 billion for Kroenke and $400 million from the NFL’s stadium financing fund. The Chargers will also pay off a portion of the debt costs, SBJ said.

Kroenke’s investment “is unprecedented,” a banker told Sports Business Journal.

SBJ explained how the Rams will pay down the debt — they’ll use the bank credit as construction advances, and use personal seat license fees to pay down the debt — but SBJ said the interest alone could be more than $50 million a year.

The stadium’s opening was already delayed a year due to weather issues. Once the stadium does open in 2020, it will be among the best stadiums in all of sports, and there’s a good chance it will top that list. But until that first Rams game in the new park, Kroenke is probably hoping another billion or so isn’t added onto the price tag.

Frank ...
                  -05-21-2018, 10:33 PM
                • jquarando
                  New Stadium Location
                  by jquarando
                  Im really bored at work and made this stadium(stole it from those La folk)...
                  -12-17-2010, 01:06 PM
                • RamBill
                  Would The Rams Pay For Their Own Stadium?
                  by RamBill
                  (KPLR)– What’s next for the Rams? The city says it will reject an arbitrator’s ruling in favor of the Rams about upgrading the dome.

So the next step is likely talks over a new stadium. But since taxpayer funding is unlikely would the Rams be willing to stay if they have to pay for their own stadium?

The arbitrators ruled that it would take $700 million in taxpayer-funded changes to make the dome among the NFL’s top stadiums. So would that mean talks over a new Rams stadium? If so, where would it be? And who would pay for it? Or might the Rams head back to Los Angeles in 2015?

Watch Stadium Story
                  -02-04-2013, 11:02 PM
                • r8rh8rmike
                  Study Warns About Inglewood Project
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  Study warns about Inglewood project

February, 27, 2015
                  ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- A report commissioned by the developer of a downtown Los Angeles football stadium warns that a rival project nearby could be a potential terrorist target because of its proximity to Los Angeles International Airport.

The report was released Friday at a time when several potential stadium projects are competing to bring an NFL team to Southern California, two decades after the Rams and Raiders exited.

The 14-page report was commissioned by Anschutz Entertainment Group, which wants to build a stadium in downtown Los Angeles. A development venture linked to St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has proposed a stadium in Inglewood, about 10 miles from downtown.

The report by former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge finds that constructing an 80,000-seat stadium in Inglewood -- as close as 2.5 miles from an airport runway -- "materially increases the risk of a terrorist event."

Ridge concluded that in a world in which terrorism is a recognized threat, "the peril of placing a National Football League stadium in the direct flight path of (the airport)" ... outweighs whatever benefits it would bring over its lifespan.

The Hollywood Park Land Co., which is developing the Inglewood site, declined comment.

AEG told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the study, that "we have been working diligently and in good faith ... to advance NFL discussions while also exploring plans for other development alternatives around the LA Live campus."

According to the Times, the league took no position on the study.
                  -02-28-2015, 08:35 AM
                • r8rh8rmike
                  Thomas: Kroenke's LA Stadium Plan Again Comes Under Fire
                  by r8rh8rmike
                  Kroenke's LA stadium plan again comes under fire

37 minutes ago • By Jim Thomas

Less than a week after a report warned that Stan Kroenke's proposed stadium in Inglewood, Calif., would be vulnerable to terrorists due to its proximity to Los Angeles International Airport, another report was made public Tuesday regarding overall safety concerns of having the stadium built so close to flight paths into LAX.

The reports have one thing in common: they were both commissioned by AEG, the sports and entertainment firm trying to get an NFL stadium built in downtown Los Angeles, and thus a rival of the Inglewood plan put together by Rams owner Kroenke.

Unlike the earlier terrorism report which was authored by Tom Ridge, the former Secretary of Homeland Security, the latest report was done by Mark Rosenker, former chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board.

According to the Rosenker report, approaching aircraft could be as little as 300 feet above the Inglewood stadium, potentially dangerously close for the safety of the plane as well as fans in the stadium on game day.

Two east-west runaways are about 2½ miles from the proposed stadium site, both on flight paths that would head over the stadium or near the stadium.

As many as 68 flights per hour could fly over the stadium at LAX, one of the nation's busiest airports. Safety concerns aside, Rosenker said the noise of distractions from a plane flying over the Inglewood site every 2 minutes could greatly diminish fan enjoyment of the game.

In addition, having pregame flyovers, or a blimp above the stadium during the game would be difficult given the flight paths and congestion at LAX.

"So you're in the area where you're going be in the last phase of flight before you're gonna be touching down," Rosenker said.

"To put an NFL stadium which will house as many as 80,000 people in a concentrated area — there are better places, much better places to put a stadium than in the flight path of a major airport."
                  -03-03-2015, 02:17 PM
                Working...
                X