Goooooaaaallllll usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goooooaaaallllll usa

Wow, we won Group B and will probably play Ghana. Landon Donovan is the man. Howard had a fantastic game also.

Re: Goooooaaaallllll usa

Very tense game, I am not really a fan of the United States national team and it had me on the edge of my seat. Howard play a good game, I was shocked when he threw the ball halfway down the field. That ball is not aerodynamic and he threw it about 55-60 yards, amazing. I think Dempsey is the man of the match. Gave it his all and had a ton of shots on goal, even if he didnt score he is the one that gave the team it's drive.

Comment

The whole team played Great altidore was very persistent about getting in good position. Im very proud of our team.

Comment

This really worked out for us. After having the goal disallowed in the Slovenia game that would have put us through and another questionable goal disallowed in the Algeria game, we still advanced.

Now if we get past Ghana, we face either South Korea or Uruguay. The U.S. team isn't good enough to assume victory against any of those teams, but it would still be possible for us to make it all the way to the semi-finals without having to go through any of the superpowers of world football.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
          Post-game quotes
          by RamWraith
          Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injuries)
          “The only injury we had was G Richie Incognito, he got light headed right before the half and the doctors wouldn’t clear him to go back in. We moved T John Greco over and went with John the rest of the way.”

(On the game)
          “Obviously, this was not the result we wanted, so I am disappointed from the standpoint. I felt we played hard. I appreciate those guys like RB Steven Jackson going out there and giving everything he had, T Orlando Pace who really had a two to four week injury and DL Adam Carriker. We have a bunch of guys who are beat up with nicks and bruises. You can hang your hat on one thing, those guys went out and competed and fought through all of the adversary and injuries that they had.”

(On RB Steven Jackson having only one touch during the fourth quarter)
          “He was gassed and his leg started to bother him, so we told him before the game to go as far as you could go and then we will play the other guys.

I appreciate Steven getting out there under the conditions; he hasn’t done much in the past month. To go out there and carry the ball in which I thought he was very effective in running the ball, but in a game like situation he just hasn’t had anything for a while.”

(On Jackson’s play shows he is a “difference maker”)
          “It is a big reminder. We have said it before; during some games if we had him we might have won the game. He is a heck of a football player, when you loose a guy like him it is hard to replace him.”

(On LB David Vobora)
          “It is hard to tell, but I think he did ok. He had good instincts and good position and he is a good leader. There are a couple of plays that I can pick out that he did very well with. I am sure that if I look at the film I will find something. For a guy in his first start and a seventh-round draft pick I thought he did fairly well. “

(On interceptions)
          “The picks didn’t really hurt us, defense did a great job. After the first pick they got nothing, after the second pick they got a field goal, and the third pick was at the end of the game. Obviously, three interceptions is three interceptions. Our problem is that we have to score touchdowns, as an offense we haven’t scored any touchdowns. We didn’t score this week, we didn’t score last week and it has been that way all year in the red zone. We just are just not getting the job done. I am not sure what the answer is, we will keep researching and trying to get it done. We are not really good right now in the red zone. You are not going to win kicking field goals in this league, you have to score touchdowns.

QB Marc Bulger

(On the loss)
          “We find ways to lose. We hung in there the first half. We got that corrected, which is good. We played good in all phases at some points, but we struggled at others.”

(On RB Steven Jackson being...
          -11-30-2008, 06:48 PM
        • DJRamFan
          Steve Kragthorpe Press Conference Quotes
          by DJRamFan
          Tulsa plays at UTEP on Saturday for the Conference USA West Division lead

Oct. 31, 2005

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Tulsa travels to El Paso to play the UTEP Miners on Saturday, Nov. 5, in a game that pits the two teams atop the Conference USA West Division with identical 4-1 league records. UTEP has an overall 6-1 record atfer last week's win at Rice, while the Hurricane bring a 5-3 overall mark into the game.

Tulsa fanswill be getting together for another Watch Party for Saturday's Golden Hurricane football game against the Miners. The Fox and Hound at 70th and Garnett and the Side Line Bar and Grill at 59th and South Lewis Avenue will be hosting watch parties.

Game time is 8 pm (CT). The game can be seen locally on KWHB-Channel 47 and on Cox Channel 7.

Below are Coach Kragthorpe's Remarks from his Weekly Press Conference.

Steve Kragthorpe Press Conference Quotes

Opening Statement: "It will be good to get back on the practice field today and to get going. It has been an interesting week, we have never had an open date this late in the season. I thought it was a good time for us to heal up like we talked about last week and put ourselves in the position now to make a run at this thing, with the first one being at UTEP this week against a very good football team. They will be a great challenge for us. They are very explosive on the offensive side of the football and they are playing really solid defense right now. The Rice score is not an indication of the flow; I thought that they pretty much dominated that game although they had a few turnovers that put Rice back into the football game. If you watch that game on film and if you watch it on television, they definitely dominated that football game. Again, they are very explosive, they scored on the first offensive play of the game. They scored on the first four drives of the game. They are very dynamic and explosive on the offensive side of the ball. Again they will be a great challenge for us to go on the road and play in a very hostile environment, great fans. They have a great thing going there at UTEP."

Talk about the your team's success on the road this year: "Well, there is no doubt that there is a challenge to go on the road and I do not see this week being any different. They are going to have a sellout crowd, and they will be very vocal. I have talked to numerous people that have played at UTEP this year and they have said that the crowd can definitely be a factor. But that is the way it is in every road venue for the most part. We played in two challenging environments tht we had the opportunity to compete in, at Oklahoma this year and then at Southern Miss. So again this will be no different. It will be a challenge, it always is to go play on the road, but I think that our guys are excited about the opportunity...
          -10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
        • RamWraith
          Post-Game Quotes from the Rams and the Falcons
          by RamWraith
          Reaction from players and coaches after the Rams (3-9) 28-16 victory over the Falcons (3-9) at the Edward Jones Dome.

Head Coach Scott Linehan

(On injuries)
          “We had a couple of injuries, I am not sure exactly how serious they are yet. WR Brandon Williams had a right ankle sprain, he tried to go but he was unable to finish. We made some adjustments in our return game. RB Brian Leonard got hurt on the second to the last series, it was his left ankle. I don’t know what that means for next week, we will determine that at least by Tuesday.”

(On player milestones)
          “When the players hit these monuments I just like to point them out. WR Isaac Bruce’s yardage put him at fifth all-time in the NFL. That is something that we all can be proud of. People have followed him around here for years and for this football team to be part of that is something special. DT La’Roi Glover has made his 81st sack, which is seventh amongst active and 40th overall. That is really a big deal. WR Torry Holt got his 70th touchdown and QB Gus Frerotte threw his the 100th touchdown pass of his career. ”

(On game)
          “We had some turnovers in the second half that made the game tougher than we wanted it to be, but having enough points on the board to finish the game is something that we just haven’t been able to do. Winning three of the last four and gaining some momentum with how we are playing, when a lot of people thought we weren’t playing for much, I think shows a lot about the heart and character of this team.”

(On win)
          “It has been a long season for a number of reasons and we have to defend our home turf. For me I really felt that as a home team the fans and the team really stepped up when we needed to. We made the most of the crowd noise in the second half, making some plays on defense, and the play at the end of the game.”

(On QB Gus Frerotte’s performance)
          “Quarterbacks will always take a lot of heat when things don’t go well, and in last week’s game Gus accepted that. Being the stand up competitor that he is, I can respect that more than his right arm. By the way Gus came out and competed he really gave us a spark. He really only had two bad throws in the second half, which were critical errors.”

(On punts during the second half)
          “I would rather punt than turn the ball over. At the end of the day we have to win the football game and trust me we put a lot of time into working on our second half. It is a matter of execution in all areas. We have to execute more.”

RB Steven Jackson

(On what best describes the win)
          “I think it was just an all-out team win. We started off fast and in the second half, once again, we kind of stalled out, but this time I think the offense really came together and put it on ourselves to finish the game and have no excuses.”

(On his 50-yard,...
          -12-03-2007, 05:43 AM
        • RamWraith
          Post Game Quotes
          by RamWraith
          Head Coach Jim Haslett

(On injury to Derek Stanley)
          “Just to give you an injury update on Derek Stanley, he has a knee injury and he will have a MRI tomorrow. I think it is a significant injury, but we hope it is not, but he will have a MRI tomorrow.”

(On the game)
          “If nothing else this team is going to learn quickly in the future that when you have a chance to put a team away early in the game, that these turnovers are going to come back and get you sooner or later. Derek’s (Stanley) turnover led to seven points, then (TE) Joe Klopfenstein took seven off the board when it should have been 24-0 at halftime. When you let a team like that hang around and they come out and get the ball in the second half and they get a couple of field goals, then they are back into the game. You have a chance to really take care of it in the first half and you don’t do it, if nothing else hopefully this team will learn that that is the most important thing in the game.”

(On the Klopfenstein fumble and defenders being near him)
          “To me putting the ball to the ground doesn’t make a difference, you are responsible for that ball. He was wide open, he caught it, and he had enough time to cover it up and get to the ground.”

(On G Richie Incognito’s penalties)
          “I saw the pre-snap penalty but I didn’t see the holding penalty.”

(On WR Torry Holt’s offensive pass interference call by the referee)
          “I am not going to touch that. That is a young guy over there, a rookie referee. I am not sure what he saw, but obviously he thought it was pass interference and we have to live with it. If that is what he called it then that is what he called it.”

(On RB Kenneth Darby being in for the last possessions and Steven Jackson)
          “Because RB Steven Jackson was light headed and the doctor said he was down and he (the doctor) didn’t want him to go in, then he came in on the third down. That is why he was in there.

I am not really sure what happened with Steven, but when the trainer comes up and says that he is out until he is ready then he is out.”

(On passing the ball three times during the final possessions)
          “We had no timeouts, and we were trying to get a first down. We were trying to get a field goal and try to win the game.”

(On WR Derek Stanley attempting something different and risky)
          “I don’t know if it is risky, we ran about six or seven reverses today. I don’t think that was risky. He is a punt returner/kickoff returner, to me that is risky. Running a reverse is just carrying a football.”

(On the play of RB Steven Jackson)
          “I thought that Steven had a great first half, he didn’t get much going in the second half as far as the running game. He had 81-yards rushing in the first half and ended the game with 91 yards. It was a good first half. Obviously we didn’t get enough going...
          -12-15-2008, 04:57 AM
        • letsgoramz
          Texans talk about how they feel
          by letsgoramz
          Texans post-game quotes
          HoustonTexans.com

Texans Head Coach Dom Capers

(Opening statement) “Obviously we are very disappointed today in the way that the game turned out. I’ve been in the league for twenty years. I don’t know if I’ve had a game like this. We started out playing well in the first half. When you are playing a team like the Rams there are certain things that you must do. They are one of the highest scoring teams in the league. It really came down to we kept giving them opportunities in the second half and we had a hard time executing. They made the plays at critical times. We had them in situations, we had them in a fourth and six and they scored a touchdown. They get the onside kick which put us in overtime. I’m very disappointed and our guys fought hard. We just did not execute during crunch time with the kind of efficiency you have to in order to beat a team like the Rams. We cannot continue to give them the opportunities that we gave them today.”

(On type of defense played at the end) “We were playing a four deep defense in the fourth and six situation. They got a receiver up the middle on a one-on-one and hit him, which gave them the opportunity to kick the onside kick.”

(On feeling like everything was going wrong) “That’s kind of the way it happened in the second half. We come up with an interception, they knock the ball out and get the ball back and get the field position. You can’t keep putting the Rams offense back on the field because they have too many weapons in terms of scoring points.”

(On the key to proper game execution) “I think we did some things as well as we have done. Our offense moved the ball the best they have moved it this year. Our defense sacked the quarterback more than they have sacked him this year. There were some areas where we did better. When we got down the stretch during crunch time to make the play, they made the plays. You’ve got to give them credit. It’s extremely disappointing. I know they are disappointed down there in the locker room. We’ve gone out and put ourselves in a position to win the game and we didn’t finish it off.”

(On Texans pressuring QB at end) “We ran a combination of things and we came after him a number of times and got some plays out of it. When you are in that situation (4 th and six) what you don’t what to happen is exactly what did happen on the play.”

(On staying focused for remainder of season) “Well it’s a challenge. This season has been a good test for all of us. I think our team has responded the right way up to this point and time. I think they have competed extremely hard, they care. Anytime you care and fight hard and you lose a game like today, it hurts. The challenge will be how we come...
          -11-27-2005, 08:24 PM
        Working...
        X