Rugby World Cup 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

i didn`t take into consideration that Wales would have their captain sent off after 20 minutes..i`d like to be gracious in defeat and say well done to france, you stepped up and beat us fair and squarely...but one of those 4 kicks go over and even the normally game killing event of a (harsh) sending off from the half-french ref couldnt have saved you. Wales were heroic in still attacking when it was 14 v 15 France done well in defense but offered nothing going forward.
    Congratulations is the best i can come up with and can`t wait till we meet again early next year to get this horrible defeat out of our system. when you got so many great young players (aged 19-25) like Wales have it`s hard to be down for too long... Ireland for example are screwed because for many of them this World Cup was their last swing of the bat before they retire from international rugby.

Comment

loving the All Blacks v Aussies game.

All blacks playing great stuff..Aussies are battling great to still be in a contest with 30 minutes to go. All Blacks not having a proper kicker playing is helping them with that tho..

Come on my Kiwi brothers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
        they`ve only played 1 top team so far and lost twice.
        That's hardly fair - I think New Zealand see themselves as a top team...
        Last edited by TheBritishRam; -10-17-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Alright .... ALright ....... ALRIGHTTTTTTTT. Got to the game that counts. my Parents were in NZ and at the Semi-Final that they said it was the best game they have been too. The crowds were pumped and the AB's played really well.

Condolences to the Wales, its hard to go down to 14 with 3/4 of the game to go and that kick was sooooooo close to almost win it anyways. With 15 on the field it would have been comfortable win for Wales.

LOL @ TheBritishRam ...

Comment

Good like to the Welsh tonight ... should be a great contest.

Comment

be hard for the boys to pick themselves up off the floor but am sure they`ll be able to do it and be up for the battle..got the same ref who couldn`t see the Hook kick was good in the game against the springboks tho so who knows what will happen this time.

good luck to the All blacks...can`t let the french and their anti-rugby tactics win this World Cup. although i`ve never liked the french i`ve always admired how they have played the game..not this team they`ve got this year tho.

Comment

What a hard fought, ugly win .. but it was a win and thats really all that counts in the final wash-up. Rams have barely put a dampener on my weekend. hang-over and Happy about it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• SLSG
                  Fisher's initial reaction to watching Rams 2011 game films
                  by SLSG
                  Macaw / Parrot cursing (Angry Bird saying WTF) - YouTube
                  -01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
                • RamDez
                  Upcoming World Cup (soccer)
                  by RamDez
                  Anyone into soccer, whats yer thoughts on the coming world cup ??
                  -02-14-2002, 03:45 PM
                • 01d 0rd3r
                  World Cup time
                  by 01d 0rd3r
                  As everyone knows it is world cup time, which mean that one of the biggest sporting events in the world will be going on for the next month. So I am interested, if you watch the World Cup what country to you want to win. I have been an Italian fan since I was little, and look forward to a repeat by the Azzuri. What team is everyone else watching.
                  -06-12-2010, 09:10 AM
                • AvengerRam_old
                  What do you think the Rams' opponents will fear the most in 2011?
                  by AvengerRam_old
                  What part of the Rams' attack will strike the most fear into the Rams' opposition this year?
                  Sam Bradford's abilty to run the McDaniels passing game.
                  20.51%
                  Steven Jackson as a dual threat running and receiving.
                  10.26%
                  The Rams' offensive line's ability to control the line of scrimmage.
                  0.00%
                  The Rams' defensive line's ability to control the line of scrimmage.
                  7.69%
                  The Rams' pass rush from the front four.
                  30.77%
                  The Rams' blitz packages.
                  20.51%
                  Something else? (What?)
                  10.26%
                  -08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
                • txramsfan
                  Great Expectations of U.S. Soccer
                  by txramsfan
                  Great expectations of U.S. soccer
                  Sean Wheelock / Fox Soccer Channel

For those of us who began avidly following the United States before 1990, Wednesday's 2-1 victory away to Trinidad & Tobago seems like something of a dream.

It wasn't just that the U.S. won their opening match in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualification, it's that they did it with such poise, confidence, and relative ease, in a pretty difficult place to gain a result.

Now, I'm not kidding myself into thinking that beating Trinidad & Tobago in Port of Spain is like defeating France in Paris or Brazil in Sao Paulo, but a win away from home in CONCACAF is a quality win. And until relatively recently, they didn't happen all that often for the U.S.

Last week, I interviewed Bob Gansler about America's victory vs. Trinidad & Tobago, which resulted in qualification for the 1990 World Cup. The U.S. of course was not supposed to win that match, or even come close to giving the Soca Boyz an actual challenge.

At the time it ranked as this country's biggest win in international soccer since the 1-0 defeat of England at the 1950 World Cup. Now, not even a generation later, I am going to treat a 2-1 victory in Port of Spain as, dare I write this, expected. Has American soccer really come that far?

I'm actually bracing myself for the columns and comments of the soccer media who will proclaim that the U.S. wasn't dominant enough in that match; that the scoreline should have been more decisive. Perhaps they should be reminded of the years 1951 through 1988 when wins, home or away, were neither plentiful nor expected.

As the United States closes in on a fifth consecutive World Cup appearance, it's important to consider a time not that long ago, when even one trip to soccer's biggest event would have been regarded as a miracle. In fact, the berth in Italia 1990 was considered just that. Now a place in Germany 2006 is not only expected, it's demanded.

As I watched the match develop from Port of Spain, I could scarcely believe how comfortable and dominant the U.S. squad looked. I had to continually remind myself that Trinidad & Tobago is a very solid squad, with a Premiership goalkeeper, Shaka Hislop of Portsmouth; a defender who starts for Rangers, Marvin Andrews; and two of the best strikers to come out of CONCACAF in the past 20 years, Dwight Yorke and Stern John.

I also had to remind myself that Queen's Park Oval in Port of Spain is a very difficult place for an away side to play, as they have to contend with passionate supporters, sweltering temperatures and a pitch, used predominately for cricket, that is both massive, and well, not exactly of the highest standard. Yet, here was the U.S., dominating the match, and looking very much the favorites.

The United States is now into its fourth year unbeaten...
                  -02-11-2005, 02:13 PM
                Working...
                X