Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Los angeles kings!!!!

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Quick was awesome again! Still think we need to beat their forecheck better and would like to see us take the body more, but, who am I to complain!!
    The Kings were active and sharp the first period, but got sloppy the rest of the game. They need to pick it up, but the fact that they continue to win despite less than stellar play, is encouraging. Quick was the savior, and if he continues to play like Patrick Roy, we'll be in good shape.

Comment

We want the cup! We want the cup!

What a boring game. I was actually able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. The only thing to worry about was preserving the shutout. That first goal was a thing of beauty and executed perfectly. The Kings took control, made the hits, finished their checks and exploded on offense. And that penalty kill?? Awesome

How about Jonathan Quick! The guy is so good, he can make saves without even seeing the puck. Can you say Conn Smyth?

Lord Stanley, your cup is on the verge of residing in Los Angeles!!

GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

Awesome game again last night, Mike. Brings a tear to my eye hearing the Los Angeles Kings mentioned in the same breath with other Stanley Cup Champions like:

1.) Edmonton (can potentially tie 16 - 2 playoff record)
        2.) New York Islanders ( most playoff road wins in a row, 10 - previously 8)
        3.) New Jersey Devils (tie most total playoff road wins - 10)

The Kings have set a record as the only team to start all 4 playoff series 3 - 0. Quite amazing when you think about it.

I have several questions for you:

A.) How long have you been a Kings fan?

B.) Is Bob Miller still the "voice of the Kings"? (I always thought he was the best hockey play by play announcer I ever heard, and he made a lot of B-A-D Kings games bearable.)

C.) Did you see any of the '93 Cup games against Montreal? (I was living in the country at the time and we didn't have access to cable....so I missed 'em all)

Can't wait for Wednesday night. Part of me still can't believe what I am witnessing

GO KINGS!!!!

Comment

Get the BROOMS out!
          sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post
            I have several questions for you:

A.) How long have you been a Kings fan?

B.) Is Bob Miller still the "voice of the Kings"? (I always thought he was the best hockey play by play announcer I ever heard, and he made a lot of B-A-D Kings games bearable.)

C.) Did you see any of the '93 Cup games against Montreal? (I was living in the country at the time and we didn't have access to cable....so I missed 'em all)
            GO KINGS!!!!
            I've been a Kings fan since the early eighties when Marcel Dionne was "The" guy.

Bob Miller is still the Kngs announcer. He's as good as it gets. Jim Fox is his partner.

I saw all the playoff games in '93, and went to a few of the early round games at the old Fabulous Forum.

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
            Get the BROOMS out!
            Let's not jinx this thing!!

Comment

The Devils will win it 4 in a row

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

There's hockey game tonight.......fyi
                sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by laram0 View Post
                  There's hockey game tonight.......fyi
                  Hopefully, the final hockey game of the season.

Comment

I want to win at home and skate the cup in front of the LA crowd anyway. Time to wrap this thing up on Monday.

Comment

The Cup Is Ours!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hockey.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	778751

But seriously, well played by the Kings. Pisspoor play by the Devils.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

The Kings were stronger, more aggresive and more talented. Without question, the better team won. That 3 goal scoring barrage on the 5 minute major was simply awe-inspiring.

I have not felt this way since the Rams won Super Bowl 34. I've waited for this a LONG time! There is absolutely nothing that matches playoff hockey, or skating the cup.

Dustin Brown dropped an f-bomb on live national TV. Too funny!

KINGS!! YES!!
                          Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -06-11-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                            The Kings were stronger, more aggresive and more talented. Without question, the better team won. That 3 goal scoring barrage on the 5 minute major was simply awe-inspiring.

I have not felt this way since the Rams won Super Bowl 34. I've waited for this a LONG time! There is absolutely nothing that matches playoff hockey, or skating the cup.

Dustin Brown dropped an f-bomb on live national TV. Too funny!

KINGS!! YES!!
                            Congrats to the LA Kings, CHAMPIONS OF HOCKEY.

Never thought I'd hear Stanley Cup and the Kings in the same sentence.

I know how you feel Mike, that's how I felt when my Ducks won a few years ago and my Angels a few years before that. Only the Rams win was bigger for me.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow. The Kings ripped through the post-season like a knife through hot butter. Congrats to you Kings fans out there.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment