Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions League final

Bayern Munich v. Borussia Dortmund

Both clubs destroyed the competition in the semis to make the first all German final.

So to all the other soccer fans on the site; who do you like?

Re: Champions League final

Dortmund. outside of Chelsea and Ajax they are my favorite football team.on the lead up to WWII they were anti-Nazi, their entire boardroom (22 people) were murdered for it. both clubs are known as Jewish clubs..which is kinda ironic that the week Germany finally conquered the whole of Europe (albeit at football) they do so with both clubs being Jewish.even tho Munich was in general a pro-Nazi area. suck on that fat one Adolf.

Comment

I have to go for Bayern. After seeing Chelsea rob them of the final last year i would like to see them lift it finally. It would be a good story if Dortmund won, but they would have to turn out their best performance to nulify that Bayern side.

Interesting side story with Gotze isnt it? ...

Comment

I wasn't so surprised that Gotze is joining Bayern, but the timing of the announcement sure is strange. Seems like head games to me.

Juergen Klopp surely can't play him in the final. How could you totally trust him?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
          Dortmund. outside of Chelsea and Ajax they are my favorite football team.on the lead up to WWII they were anti-Nazi, their entire boardroom (22 people) were murdered for it. both clubs are known as Jewish clubs..which is kinda ironic that the week Germany finally conquered the whole of Europe (albeit at football) they do so with both clubs being Jewish.even tho Munich was in general a pro-Nazi area. suck on that fat one Adolf.
          I didn't know that Bayern and Dortmund. That's really interesting.

I'll be pulling for Dortmund as well.
          One, because I like the way the club is run and how they conduct business on and off the pitch. Secondly, my intense dislike of Arjen Robben makes it almost impossible to root too hard for Bayern.

Comment

Very surprised, esp dortmund, that bith german teams destroyed la ligas and uefas best

Edit: ill be rooting against munich as well. But I think ribery will lead em to a win

Comment

I'll be rooting for Der FCB, Die Rotten, Die Bayern, the one and only Bayern Munchen!!!!!!! The greatest and best football club in the world!!! I will be wearing my Bayern jersey and watching on as they destroy BVB(hopefully).

My prediciton - Bayern beats BVB 3-1

Mandzukic, Robben and Muller score
              Ribery with two assists

Can't wait till Gotze joins them next season.
              Still not sold on Pep coming in, but i will give it a wait and see approach.
              As for Robben, sometimes i like him, sometimes i don't.

With this being the end for Heynckes as manager, i hope he goes out on top with a nice win.

Comment

I was born in Munich, so you can imagine Bayern is my squad!! It's so nice to see an all German final, though I think Bayern's firepower is too much.

Gotze joining us next season is spectacular! The best young German footballer, only if he could convince Marco Reus to join him!

As for Robben, Tampa, he's horrible. I can't wait for Pep to get here and sell him immediately.

MIA SAN MIA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing69 View Post
                  I have to go for Bayern. After seeing Chelsea rob them of the final last year i would like to see them lift it finally. It would be a good story if Dortmund won, but they would have to turn out their best performance to nulify that Bayern side.

Interesting side story with Gotze isnt it? ...
                  i wouldn`t say Chelsea robbed them..defending is part of the game too and Chelsea scored more than them.

now when Liverpool beat Chelsea a few years ago with a goal that never crossed the line,that was a robbing..like when the Seahawks beat Green Bay by getting 6 points for a endzone interception

Gotze had a 32m release clause but Dortmund should have had a clause that players can`t leave for a german rival or something..Bayern have poached the best players from german sides for decades but never let a player leave when they want to..only Ballack managed to do it after he waited till his contract run out.
                  Dortmund been badly run in the past..got world class fans that fill a big world class stadium,world class youth system and scouting and coach but somehow still end up selling their best players to balance the books..Lewandowski is set to leave and Bayern favorites for him too..they just handing titles to their rivals instead of winning them themselves

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post

As for Robben, Tampa, he's horrible. I can't wait for Pep to get here and sell him immediately.

MIA SAN MIA!!
                    If Robben knew he was allowed to pass, and had a right leg he could kick with, he would be tremendous.
                    He will be gone, and i don't mind it much. I say Man U grabs him up.

And as always-

MIA SAN MIA!!!!

Comment

Robben was electric at Chelsea with Damien Duff on the counter attack they destroyed many teams..his legs were made of Balsa wood tho so it was good for him and Chelsea when Real Madrid offered 24m for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
                        If Robben knew he was allowed to pass, and had a right leg he could kick with, he would be tremendous.
                        He will be gone, and i don't mind it much. I say Man U grabs him up.

And as always-

MIA SAN MIA!!!!
                        Exactly my thoughts. Can't pass and has NO right leg. Pep loves to swing the ball around, I wouldn't be surprised if Robben being sold is the first thing he does.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts. Can't pass and has NO right leg. Pep loves to swing the ball around, I wouldn't be surprised if Robben being sold is the first thing he does.
                          I do have to give him props though, even with every team knowing he is most likely going to cut inside to make a kick, he still gets it done. But he will still be gone. We have more then enough depth on the team. I think Shaqiri could fill in for him and create more goals with his passing. If Pep goes that route that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
                            I do have to give him props though, even with every team knowing he is most likely going to cut inside to make a kick, he still gets it done. But he will still be gone. We have more then enough depth on the team. I think Shaqiri could fill in for him and create more goals with his passing. If Pep goes that route that is.
                            Maybe, but we still do have Kroos, Gotze, Muller, and Ribery.. I'd think those would be our attacking mids, with Schweiny and Martinez as holding and defensive mids.

Comment

Maybe, but we still do have Kroos, Gotze, Muller, and Ribery.. I'd think those would be our attacking mids, with Schweiny and Martinez as holding and defensive mids.
                              True, i really have idea how it will work out. I just figured Shaqiri since he always come in for Ribery when he goes out. All i know is that if Pep messes this up people will be calling for his head and he will be gone after one season. I wish Jupp wasn't retiring.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• txramsfan
                                An American in Eindhoven-DeMarcus Beasley
                                by txramsfan
                                By Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY

As red and white confetti poured from the black sky, DaMarcus Beasley took a swig from a cartoonishly large bottle of champagne.

An American in ... Eindhoven

"This is by far the best - my first championship as a professional," he said.

As soon as his Dutch soccer club, PSV Eindhoven, clinched the league title after a 3-0 victory Saturday against Vitesse Arnhem, PSV's players were given hats which read "Kampioen." Beasley took a black cap and stylishly ****ed it to the right.

As his teammates teased him about being so American - "Your hat is wrong," a few said - they tried to straighten Beasley's bill.

Beasley, 22, is one of the USA's leading exports in his first year abroad in the Netherlands' top professional league. Tuesday he is expected to become the first American to play in the semifinals of the Champions League, Europe's premier club tournament. PSV Eindhoven meets Italian power AC Milan at San Siro Stadium, one of the sport's grand cathedrals. (Related item: Other Americans in Champions League)

Beasley, a forward who has started in more than half of PSV's games, leads his team with four goals in 12 Champions League games and is his club's third-leading scorer overall with 12 goals in 42 games. Almost seamlessly, the Fort Wayne, Ind., native has quickly fit in with a culture (and a couture) markedly different from his own.

"The thing about DaMarcus that I continually find so remarkable is he's never intimidated by the setting, and that's always been one of the qualities that separates him from so many of our players, including our veterans as well," U.S. national team coach Bruce Arena says.

"For every player, even the most accomplished, when they go to a new environment, it takes some time to adjust. That was the case with DaMarcus. But obviously his learning curve is a lot shorter than most people. It won't be surprising to see him move forward and probably have a long career in Europe and play with an even bigger club at some point."

Last summer, when Beasley first arrived in Eindhoven, the country's fifth-largest city but more of a sleepy suburb in south Netherlands, PSV captain Mark van Bommel quickly came up with a nickname for the young American: "McDonald's."

In the USA, he's known as "Beas." In the Netherlands, he's a burger.

"They call me McDonald's because they think that all Americans eat is McDonald's. Then they'll call me 'Hamburger,' too. If I'm going to eat, they'll be like, 'Beasley, where you going to eat - McDonald's?' " Beasley says with a laugh.

Beasley, who is French-fry skinny, prefers large steaks at his favorite local joint,...
                                -04-26-2005, 08:46 AM
                              • laram0
                                Final Four
                                by laram0
                                Who makes it to the Championship game?
                                Michigan State
                                28.57%
                                Connecticut
                                14.29%
                                North Carolina
                                42.86%
                                Villanova
                                14.29%
                                -04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
                              • LaRamsFanLongTime
                                NFL's Blackeye turning into cancerous tumor
                                by LaRamsFanLongTime
                                At the turn of the century a storm began to brew over the use of steroids in baseball. Homerun records shattered, players bulking up, the MLB finally getting back alot of the fans they lost after the strike. A shady world unraveled as some of the games best were called into question by congress. We watched a corporation protect it's own interst as they let players cheat and deceive the public as to their "natural" ability to play the game. It seems to me the league knew since the 80's that this was a growing issue. Bud Selig in my mind should have stepped down after his long tenure as an apology to the fans for not taking on this issue early.

Baseball will now forever be tarnished with the fact that people cheated and the league said keep it quiet the fans are filling the arenas to watch. As I watch Lance Berkman tear up the league I cant help but wonder if he's clean. When a-rod went on a tear last year I wondered if he was juicing. It is unfair to the players that are doing it clean to have that stigma attached to them. Unfortuantly they have no one to blame for this other then their peers and Commisioner Selig. A nasty secret always seems to surface sooner or later.

Is the NFL heading down the same path as baseball with all this internalizing of information? Are the fans owed something more then a push under the rug?
                                It's a treacherous path the NFL is walking down.

2001 Belichick turned the Patriots around with a great coaching system. Tom brady had become unstoppable and was the golden boy of the NFL. This team came out of no where to capture the nfl title not once but 3 times in 4 years. We were all impressed with this team's offence and defence and their ability to always have enough to pull games out. I started to wonder myself if Tom Brady was the greatest clutch QB in the history of the NFL. Then STOP everything we have hit a wall. The leagues most hated team now had a real reason to be hated other then sour grapes. It seems they may have cheated.

The league says it feels Walsh did not provide any new information. He did provide video of how it was done though. A small sample of cheating. Lets really think about this. The Patriots said were sorry we wont do it again. The league said Punishment served???? It seems to me the league is afraid to take the proper steps here. Belichick should be banned for life end of story. He may have used video tapes of the other teams signals in every game until he got caught last season. How many of those last second field goals would have never happened had he not known what the Defense was doing as he drove for the lead? The Raiders might have been victim to more then just a bad call in foxbourough. The Steelers might have been the legtimate AFC champions in 2001. There is so many what If's now that are gonna haunt teams that lost to the Pats in big games. Teams that may have missed the playoffs by one game with a pats loss...
                                -05-16-2008, 11:24 AM
                              • jjigga3000
                                PUTTING THE SLEEPER TO BED (LONG READ) but good read
                                by jjigga3000
                                PUTTING THE SLEEPER TO BED.
                                By Bill Simmons
                                Page 2
                                www.espn.com

After five weeks of the 2006 NFL season, we've only learned 10 things:

1. If you're a QB, and you blow out a knee or smack your body up in a motorcycle accident, definitely take your time coming back. No rush. Seriously.

2. The Bears have a chance to be historically good.

3. The Raiders have a chance to be historically bad.

4. Drew Bledsoe has added a degree of difficulty for blowing big games. In the old days, he'd just throw a back-breaking interception at the worst possible time. But since everyone knows that's coming now, he added a fascinating wrinkle: An improbable play to throw us off and make us forget he's about to blow the game (like last week's fourth-and-18 bomb to Glenn), followed by the back-breaking interception that becomes doubly back-breaking because of the preceding events.

WEEK 5 REDUX
                                Last week's picks found me on the wrong side of three killer gambling moments:

1. With the Pats giving 10 and headed for a push, Maroney gets a game-clinching first down inside Miami's 20, only nobody tackles him, so he keeps going and it looks like he's going to score ... NO! He gets pushed out at the 4-yard line. That's followed by three Brady kneels.

2. The Browns are getting 8.5 points and trailing by 11. Fourth down, 15 seconds left. Instead of taking one more crack at the end zone, Romeo Crennel sends out the FG team for the cover. This actually happened.

3. The killer of killers: Getting 6.5 points, the Lions are trailing by two at midfield and it's fourth-and-10 with less than 90 seconds to play. Kitna scrambles, two guys pull him down ... and as he's falling, he flips it right to a Vikings lineman, who scrambles untouched for a clinching TD and the cover. I hate gambling.

5. You're not winning a Super Bowl with Brett Favre or Steve McNair. They're both washed up. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's true.

6. San Diego has the most talent in the AFC. Unfortunately, the Chargers also have an uptight coach who runs his team about as loosely as Ted Knight handled his daughters in "Too Close For Comfort."

(Note: Sadly, that show was canceled 21 years ago, making the reference Bermanian for everyone younger than 30. Normally I avoid doing this, but I have two defenses: First, it's the perfect comparison. You really had to see the show. And second, Ted Knight was a comedic genius. So I'm standing by the reference. Now if I only had a clip of me and Glenn Frey standing outside the Hotel California. Back to the column.)

7. If you're getting points with the Lions on the road and covering in the final minute, and the Lions have the ball, and they're driving, and the only way you could ever lose is if Jon Kitna fumbles a touchdown, throws an interception...
                                -10-13-2006, 11:26 AM
                                Don't get pissed off now. You created this monster
                                by Guest
                                Carolina could have sat down in straight jackets and the rams would have done their best to score points for them. When Dr. Frankenstein created his monster he later found it revolting. We should consider ourselves Dr. Frankenstein. And the Monster we created? Mike Martz of course. The praise and accolades along with the covering up of his flaws over the past 5 years were the electricity needed to keep the monster alive. Now we are smack dab in the middle of a playoff race and like cadavers we want the monster to die. It was the talent over the past 5 years that gave us the illusion that our monster was good. Conversely the lack of talent is now the reason why we find the monster revolting. So we have failed to realize the monsters shortcomings in the past and now are blaming the lack of talent on the monster. Hopefully most will see the absurdity in this. As I have stated in the recent past, its time we stand by our creation because if we drive a stake through him now when we still have a shot at the playoffs then we will be left with a bad monster and a bad team. Sure when the season ends we should consider doing what should have been done years ago and rid the village of the monster. Right now this monster is all we have so lets just get this thing into the playoffs....
                                -12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
                              Working...
                              X