Who is .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is .......

Since the season is lost and we should now be hoping for good draft spots in the draft with all our picks, I thought beating up on the OC would be a broken record so I have a question for everyone.

Who do you think is the greatest athlete of all times ?

Re: Who is .......

there isn't one. Theres a few better than their peers at 5 and 10 year intervals but there is no such thing as greatest of all time. Guys that are statistically in the top 10-20 for long periods of time will always be remembered longer anyway/though.

Comment

The greatest athlete ever can be anyone from any sport.

Comment

VSue, an FYI, your thread will probably be moved away soon from this RAMS TALK forum. Wait for it (2x).

Comment

Zac stacy!!!!

:d

Comment

Bo knows.... it might be Jim Thorpe?

As previously stated, it is too hard to compare athletes from different eras, let alone between sports.
            RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Jim Thorpe, the one and only, the ORIGINAL!
              Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fat Pang
                We Would Appear to Have Lost Another Football Game.
                by Fat Pang
                I wasn't going to visit the boards.

An intention that , had it been realised, some of you would have heartily welcomed I'm sure.

But then I realised that as unpleasant as it was going to be in the light of such a hideous spanking, that there had to be some of us who could, would and should provide an alternative to statements such as :-

"We suck"

"We're the Raiders"

"We're going to to go 0-16"

"The players obviously hate Linehan, I mean look at this 10 second sound-bite"

"The players obviously hate his scheme"

"Linehan sucks"

"S.L.O.P"

Now let me clear something up, I don't believe in losing as being particularly desirable. I'm not, as of this particular moment especially happy.

And so, I would struggle to say anything remotely positive about a loss of this magnitude, except to say that I couldn't possibly agree with any of the above and rather than take the time to respond to each and every thread that declares that the end is nigh and that little hope remains, I will restrain myself to saying whatever small comfort I can find here.

What I would add right now is this:-

Bruce
                Smith
                Chavous
                Goldberg

Four more names on the butchers bill to the frustration of us all.

Have any of you ever come across a toll as extensive as this? Never have Iseen a team so injury ravaged in all my time watching and playing football over a period of some 25 years. It is a tidal-wave of misfortune that, quite frankly, beggars belief.

And so knowing that in offering this I am likely to swimming against an increasingly swollen tide of opposition to the beleguered Linehan, I shall leave it at that.

Personally, I'm now looking at the reaction of the players and the coaching staff and the growth of some of our younger players. That will give me reason enough to keep visiting and posting and watching football. I look forward to seeing Jackson step it up (If he remains healthy of course), I look forward to seeing Gus take a couple of starts, I look forward to seeing Carriker get more than one tackle in a game, I look forward to seeing how Bartell holds up, I look forward to seeing Wroten play and I look forward to seeing us get our first win.

As we will.

Honestly we will.

Won't we?
                -10-01-2007, 04:49 AM
              • AvengerRam_old
                The Post-Dispatch's "Ram Talk" Forum Represents the Worst of Rams "Fans"
                by AvengerRam_old
                Like many of you, I venture over to the PD site on a fairly regular basis for Rams news. Like some of you, I occasionally make the mistake of opening a thread or two on the "Rams Talk" forum. Good Lord... those people are more full of crap than a broken porta-potty at a chili cookoff during a dysentery outbreak. The majority of them have no business calling themselves Rams fans at all. I guess the best use of that forum is to show what real non-fans are like. Sure, we have our spats around here...
                -10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
              • AvengerRam_old
                The Post-Dispatch's "Ram Talk" Forum Represents the Worst of Rams "Fans"
                by AvengerRam_old
                Like many of you, I venture over to the PD site on a fairly regular basis for Rams news.

Like some of you, I occasionally make the mistake of opening a thread or two on the "Rams Talk" forum.

Good Lord... those people are more full of crap than a broken porta-potty at a chili cookoff during a dysentery outbreak. The majority of them have no business calling themselves Rams fans at all.

I guess the best use of that forum is to show what real non-fans are like. Sure, we have our spats around here among the rose-colored glasses wearing optimists and the Chicken Little naysayers from time to time, but even the most extreme regulars here are mild salsa compared to the flaming vat of Tobasco over at the PD.

I'm not going to dignify any particular poster by naming him or her, but suffice to say there is an overwhelming majority of knee-jerk howler monkeys there who do little but scream about the Rams' problems while, at the same time, taking apparent joy in the vindication of their prior prognstications of doom. In the aggregate, their opinion seems to be that everyone on the team should be fired, cut or thrown into a pool of hungry sea bass outfitted with laser beams (and yes, they are ill-tempered).

Does any of this matter? I guess, in the grand scheme of things, the answer is "no." However, I will say this... given the PD's status as the Rams' primary home city news source, the presence of these morons does not reflect well on the team as a whole. We might not be the fan base of the Chicago Cubs, but there is a loyal, if long-suffering, core of Rams fans who prefer to at least be constructive in addressing the current state of affairs.

So, as far as I'm concerned, the "Rams Talk" forum should be shut down entirely. It is an unnecessary blemish that negatively impacts the image of all Rams fans.

Get rid of it, PD!
                -10-26-2011, 01:45 PM
              • general counsel
                Controversial Thread: Do you want us to win anymore games?
                by general counsel
                Time for the controversy of the week, a topic that will be discussed heatedly from now to the end of the year.

Question: Do you want the rams to win anymore games?

Before you jump all over me, consider that we are out of the playoffs. There is a material difference in where we pick in the draft IN ALL 7 ROUNDS based on how we finish. We desparately need IMPACT players on defense. Better picks, while no guarantee of course, give you a better shot at better players and a better shot to trade up if there is someone you really want (ie whoever is the top defensive end coming out, i will leave that to nick and the experts).

Just my view, but i couldnt care less about the difference between 8-8 and 5-11. I want to see the rams do well offensively and i want to cheer for our guys, and most importantly, i dont want to see anyone get hurt. However, whether we win or lose from this point on, we wont have a chance to win it all. I am not going to be in a great mood for a week if we beat oakland and then the skins like i would be when we are in the hunt.

I am about trying to win superbowls, not trying to go .500. This year we have no shot of getting to the superbowl. I believe that we have a better shot of getting there next year if we wind up 5-11 then if we wind up 8-8.

One subtle distinction. There is a difference between my point which is that i wont be upset if we lose the last three than saying that i am actively routing against us. At best, i am indifferent, but the reality is that i believe intellectually that we are better off for next year to lose now. Part of that, and i think a critical part, is i dont see any value to having timmerman, glover and some of the other vets in the games. They may be better than the kids but so what? They are not part of the future. I want wroten, bartell etc to get real world game experience. Lets see what we have for next year, or at least get a glimpse. Put richie at guard if that is where he is headed and romberg at center and run the ball more so bulger doesnt get killed.

Training camp and pre season games are very very difficult to evaluate, lets have some baptism by fire for the kids and find out if there is a shot that some of them can contribute. Many on this board have advocated this theory, which i think is really making the same point as me in this thread. Bottom line- we are better off now to play for the future and the future of this team is better served with the kids on the field and better draft picks in april 2007.

Lets have a debate on this, should be a good one.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                -12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
              • NJ Ramsfan1
                Decorum on the Forum
                by NJ Ramsfan1
                When I joined this forum a year ago, I anticipated talking with a lot of knowledgable fellow Rams fans and have not been disappointed. The conversations have been good ones and many times thought provoking. But the one peeve I have is that there are a few on board who seem to delight in arguing even the most benign observations, offer sarcastic responses or generally try to draw the ire of the poster. I think it's unnecessary and detracts from the Forum.

I'm certainly not talking about challenging someone's opinion- which is the way we generate discussion, offer viewpoints and talk over an issue. It's the picking apart of every word a person says and the intolerance shown by some in making their own point on an issue. Some of those who use the buzz phrases about "having patience", "being positive", "showing your loyalty", etc. also seem to feel that the best way to get their message across is to try to make the other person feel like an idiot.

Everyone on this forum has varying degrees of knowledge about the Rams- some more than others, depending on age, experience, etc. No one needs to be beaten over the head with an "I have more knowledge than you" post in tone, if not actual words.

I am one of many on the board whose opinions are occassionally rejected- which is fine if the criticisms are fair. I have occassionally used frustration in responding to someone I thought missed the boat completely- which is wrong. I include myself when I say that a better overall effort must be made to respond in kind to posts we don't necessarily agree with.

I think the losing has gotten to many of us.
                -12-05-2009, 06:22 AM
              Working...
              X