Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports in New York

Hi

I have invited my wife to a New York on trip in mid May. As I am only into the NFL I do not have much knowledge about much other sports in the US.

I would like to go see some sports when I am in New York. What is the best baseball team to watch there? The Yankees or?

What about NBA it looks like may is playoff season for NBA is it realistic to get tickets for that and are any New York teams in Playoff contention?

What about college football or similar is there anything going on in May that might be of interest there?

I hope you can help, if I do not find any sports to go watch my wife will probably just do shopping and broadway shows 24/7 :P

At least I have already negotiated visit to the intrepid museum ;)

Re: Sports in New York

May will be into baseball season so you can try to get tickets, probably to the Yankees they're the more successful franchise historically and it's a beautiful new stadium. Mets are also playing in New York. That's really all you're going to have for options that time of year. Basketball will be done. They probably have a La Cross league, not sure. Football will be just coming out of the draft they won't even have rookie camps anywhere at that point. Yeah I think you're only real option will be a Mets or Yankees game buddy. Enjoy your trip though to New Amsterdam.
    The restoration is complete!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 81~BIG-GAME
      Which game would be the best?
      by 81~BIG-GAME
      I would appreciate some help here, I'm in New York for 6 days in June and had a look today and saw that the schedule has been announced. During the time I'm in NY the Yankees are at home to the Phillies and Mets. Both of which are good series. Obviously it is a rematch of the WS and the Mets is the Subway Series. As it will be my 1st baseball game which game would be best for atmosphere, etc? cheers..
      -12-15-2009, 06:21 AM
    • AugustaRamFan
      Looking for Advice - New TV...
      by AugustaRamFan
      Well, I was surprised by the responses for Utter's new Car Advice, so I thought I would also try to draw upon the Clan's Body of Knowledge.

I am in the market for a new TV. A flat screen job - oh... 37-42 inches. With the new season on the horizon I want to be ready .. if you get what a I mean.

So, if you have one and like or dislike, let me know.

The prices down here in GA are around $2,300 and up. Best Buy is selling a Toshiba 42" for 2,300 ($1000 off as they make way for the upgrages).

I have been watching prices come down, and have never been one to buy the newest and hottest tech gadget.

Have also come to understand you either buy plasma or LCD - both are reported to have a 7 - 10 year screen life, which is a little perplexing!

Please advise.

GO Rams!!!
      -07-25-2005, 07:26 AM
    • LA Rammer
      I believe...
      by LA Rammer
      Notice this feature on Rams official website. They have a few cool wallpapers. Still I don't get to what they are alluding to, I believe...?

Believe what? Maybe Superbowl? At any rate hope they finish it, looks pretty cool.
      -08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      Just ordered a new toy
      by AvengerRam_old
      Check it out!

-07-08-2005, 07:47 PM
    • UtterBlitz
      New car advice wanted
      by UtterBlitz
      I need to get a new car, this weekend most likely. My Jeep is a 93 Grand Cherokee and it is pushed my limits lately. It got new exhaust and a new radiator. The new radiator was defective and the transmition fluid mixed with the anti-freeze. Not so good for the transmition. I put another radiator in it, but now I am getting a bad feeling that tells me it probably has a head gasket leak. I hear gurgling. Oh yeah and a couple of weeks ago on a start of a trip down to NC, one of the calipers locked up. New rotors, and new calipers required. Money pit.
      :tut poor jeep

So anyways. It is time for a new vehicle. I never buy new, so I am out of my element here. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I need room for the dogs to be fenced in the back, and I need to be able to haul stuff. It pretty much has to be an SUV, since I don't want to put the dogs in a open truck bed.

Suggestions?????
      -07-22-2005, 10:59 AM
    Working...
    X