Baseball for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball for dummies?

Having had a good success getting help our Rams board regarding where to buy a Rams Jersey for my son when I go to New York next week I was thinking maybe you can help me with something else also....

As there is no football going on at the moment and as it seems that the Nets will not last til next week I have bought some Baseball tickets as I cannot go to the US without going to a sports event

My problem I have no clue about baseball Can anybody link me up with a homepage explaining the rules and the concepts in an easy way? Because to me baseball just look like a bunch of guys scratching their crouches and spitting. But knowing Football and basketball I know there must me more to it since it can gather American viewers.....

I am going to watch the Yankees vs the Pirates. As I understand it the Pirates play in the same division that St. Louis plays in, so I guess it is ok to support the Yankees right

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFanSam
    Declining Attendance: Not Just the Rams Problem
    by RamsFanSam
    Sometimes I wish I could sign into my work intranet from home, just so I could copy and paste info for things like this...

I work for a relatively small helathcare facilty - we have around 800 employees in 2 hospitals, as well as eight clinics and a small sattelite facility. Compared to the other guys in this town, we "ain't squat".

I check out the employee bulletin board every now and then, and a notice that was posted caught my eye:

"2009 NFL Season Tickets. Discount for Hospital Employees."

Of course, I had to look. I wish I didn't.

Inside, there was a copy of an e-mail exchange between our Human Resources Director and some guy in the KC Chiefs front office. Apparently, sales of the not-so-great seat season tickets have fallen flat - flat enough to offer them to people 180 miles away at slightly discounted prices.

This got me to thinking about how there has been a lot of talk about not enough butts in the seats at Rams games. Now, I decided to do a very unscientific survey of the Rams fans I personally know. What I found out is that they fall inot two categories: 1.) They are economically comfortable, but have cut back on the "extras", including travelling to Rams games. or 2.) They are dirt-floor poor, and if they had some assurance that they would have a job come next month, they would gladly spend the cash for tickets.

We all talk about how winning games, or player "X", or (insert idea here) will bring the fans to the games, but in all seriousness, how much of the attendance problem is economically related? I don't live in the St. Louis metro area anymore, so I don't know how things are up there. It's not too bad here, but is still bad enough. I know K.C. has been hit hard.

OK, there it is - a thought to start a discussion. Now run with it.
    -06-04-2009, 04:46 PM
  • theodus69
    Seapickles Vs. Rams
    by theodus69
    I'm gonna make trip to seattle to see the Rams Play next season and was wondering who has been there and how would I go about getting tickets? I'm not flying and looking for scalper tickets when I get there. Or if anyone got a package on the game and hotel. Help me out . And is anyone going to the S.D. game this year? I'm hitting that one too!
    -03-23-2006, 09:46 AM
  • clarasDK
    Sports in New York
    by clarasDK
    Hi

I have invited my wife to a New York on trip in mid May. As I am only into the NFL I do not have much knowledge about much other sports in the US.

I would like to go see some sports when I am in New York. What is the best baseball team to watch there? The Yankees or?

What about NBA it looks like may is playoff season for NBA is it realistic to get tickets for that and are any New York teams in Playoff contention?

What about college football or similar is there anything going on in May that might be of interest there?

I hope you can help, if I do not find any sports to go watch my wife will probably just do shopping and broadway shows 24/7 :P

At least I have already negotiated visit to the intrepid museum ;)
    -02-15-2014, 07:55 AM
  • AvengerRam_old
    Rams Promotion Ideas
    by AvengerRam_old
    There's been a lot of talk around here about the lack of support for the team in the St. Louis area.

How would you promote the Rams?

Here's a thought:

-12-23-2010, 02:14 PM
  • RamFan_Til_I_Die
    Obsession?
    by RamFan_Til_I_Die
    Ok how many of you non St Louisians have actually considered picking up your family and moving to St Louis just so you could buy season tickets, attend every home game, and go to training camp? I know I have...even though I wouldn't ever do it. The fact the St Louis is such a great city makes the desire even stronger.

So am I the only one out there that actually tries to figure out ways to make it work? Please tell me I'm not the only obsessed one out there.
    -07-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Working...
X