Josh Beckett with the NO-NO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Beckett with the NO-NO

It was a rough start but he held up and delivered the 21st NO NO in Dodger history. Congrats Josh!
    The restoration is complete!

Re: Josh Beckett with the NO-NO

Yea it was an incredible feat considering how long he's been in pitching. Not saying that old pitchers dont throw no-hitters, ( Randy Johnson) but I really wasnt expecting him pull that off because I actually thought that Beckett was on the tail end of his career at this point but he dug deep and found a way to get himself on a page in history. I'm proud of him because Ive followed him since he came into the league and always thought he was a gonna be something special for years to come. Things also got a little sketchy near the end of the game with the walk but he held up there as well. I wished he could have pitched better for us ( I'm a Red Sox fan) but anyhoo...you dont always get what you want!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fendisel48
      Fendi Onobun Question
      by Fendisel48
      I know this is a pretty long post, especially for a first on the forum. But there actually is a question in here, I put it at the bottom and in bold too.

I'm an Arizona alum and lived a few doors down from Fendi for a year in the dorms, so I knew him and was a big fan during his time at Arizona, followed him at Houston, and plan on following the rest of his career. Dude is a freak of an athlete for his size, he's bigger and more athletic that Gates, I'm hoping for big things from him in the NFL.

Couple quick stories for you guys

When I was moving into the dorm I saw him down the hall and thought to myself, oh cool, a football player lives a few doors down from me, only to find out later that he was a big time basketball recruit for us. So I think it's pretty funny that in the end, he really was a football player just trying to play basketball.

I also want you guys to know what kind of man you are getting. He was a really down to earth guy for being such a highly rated recruit at a basketball school like Arizona. He was hanging out playing video games with us one day and was talking about how he was there to get an education and that if something happened with basketball, great, but he was there first and foremost for school.

Loved that, but he was also just a great guy in general, his roommate, also on the bball team, was a complete dick, wouldn't even respond if you said hello when passing him in the hall. Fendi was the guy who would stop and say hello to you first, even just us normal students, the difference between the two couldn't have been any greater.

The next year he saw me in the library and stopped me to ask how I was doing. I didn't see him and would have never known he was there, but the fact that the big time basketball player actually called me out to talk for a minute was pretty impressive on his part IMO. Needless to say he has earned my respect for life and have been talking him up to anyone who will listen that he is the next big TE in the league.

Once I know he is going to stick with a team for a long time as their starter, as I know it will happen, I'll be ordering my authentic Onobun jersey. If it isn't going to happen with my Panthers somehow, I actually hope it's with the Rams since him and Bradford could be a very impressive combination for years to come.

I was just wondering what you guys think of him, what's being said around town and how he's progressing? Thanks a lot everyone
      -01-18-2011, 11:53 PM
    • AvengerRam_old
      Your biggest recent draft "I told you so" and "D'oh!!!"
      by AvengerRam_old
      Let's face it.

Any of us who engage in the yearly ritual of playing amateur scout has had his or her share of "I told you so" (outside the box picks that really panned out) and D'oh!!! (predictions that were just plain wrong) moments.

What is your biggest "I told you so" pick from recent drafts? How about your most embarassing "D'oh!!!"

Mine:

"I told you so!": Osi Umenyiora, DE, Troy (2003)
      Osi was one of my first "sleeper" picks when I really started getting into this draft stuff. He was a little known guy from Troy, but I saw some real pass rush ability in him. Seven years, 60 sacks later, I'd say I earned an "I told you so."

"D'oh!!!": Clay Matthews, OLB, USC (2009)
      Here's what I said about him in March of 2009: "Here's a guy who had mediocre production and does not have a clear position in the NFL. So why is he rated a Top 100 pick by many? Well, could it be tha his name is Clay Matthews? Just remember... he was the third best LB on his own team last year." I'll be honest. I thought he was a steroid monster. D'oh!!!!!
      -03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
    • HornIt
      HornIt’s Rams vs. Raiders review – The Revenge of Chris Johnson
      by HornIt
      Yes folks it’s true. The thing you never, ever, thought could possibly happen, happened.

Rams castoff Chris Johnson, the guy who stepped out of bounds on the Rams own 1 yard line on a kickoff return the first time he ever touched the ball as a Ram, made the Rams pay dearly Saturday night for their decision to set him adrift in the NFL sea of uncertainty. Well, he hooked on with the Raiders and haunted the Rams much of the night, be it with his excellent coverage or his TD saving big plays such as knocking the ball out of Fitzharvard’s hands as he was driving for the goal line and through the back of the end zone.

This was just sort of the way the entire night went. Nothing much went right. What could go wrong did go wrong. Even what we thought couldn’t go wrong, such as Johnson getting his revenge, went wrong.

Funny thing though is, after digesting my first viewing of the game and then watching it again on NFLN this afternoon, maybe not as much actually went wrong as I thought it did initially, and as a lot of people thought it did initially. At least, not as many fundamentally bad things came out of the game as it first appeared.

This would seem to give credence to the age old adage, never do game analysis after only one emotionally invested viewing of the game. You may just see things much differently after you’ve had a chance to get over the original disappointment of the results not being exactly what you were hoping for. That’s what happened to me this time anyway.

Watching it all again, really only two things stuck out in my mind as being responsible for how bad things appeared on first viewing last night. Those two things were penalties and Bulger, in that order.

The key play in every Raiders scoring drive was some kind of key penalty, and not just any old penalty, but big, huge, game changing penalties. 10 penalties for 157 yards, and the worst thing about that is, several of them truly were completely bogus calls. But even if they weren’t, it’s better news than the initial news that they simply got their butts whooped. That actually didn’t happen.

Additionally, contrary to the popular narrative thus far, they were not conservative on offense and they did actually show quite a bit of their passing game, and they were making a concerted effort to go vertical and get the ball downfield. The thing is, they (mostly Bulger in this case) just didn’t execute.

Think of 44 passes and 17 rushes, averaged 13 yards per completion and does that sound conservative to you? Does that sound like they didn’t open up at least a little? The problem on offense last night was not a lack of imagination, it was a lack of execution.

So, let’s take a look at it.
      Offense

OL

Initially I thought the O-line played fairly poorly, but on second...
      -08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
    • RamDez
      20,000-plus honour Jinky
      by RamDez
      20,000-plus honour Jinky Stephen Sullivan

Friends, colleagues and former rivals – all united in affection for Jimmy Johnstone – descended on St John the Baptist Church in Uddingston this morning to pay homage to a magnificent player and an unforgettable and truly unique character.

Afterwards, a few of those who attended offered their views both on the service and on the man to whom they - and an impeccably behaved, 20,000-strong crowd in and around Celtic Park - came to bid farewell.

TOMMY GEMMELL
      “He handled his illness with the same courage off the park that he showed on the park. Even right ‘til the end, he would always have a smile on his face.

“The tribute to Jinky here at Celtic Park is out of this world, it's superb, and he thoroughly deserves it. He was absolutely magnificent to the end and handled it well.”

DENIS LAW
      “It was excellent. The speakers at the end were magic and the singing was great. I was at George Best's memorial service yesterday and this was very similar.

“With Jimmy, we had to have a few laughs. I played with him on quite a few occasions and have known him a long time, and we had some great times on and off the field. He was a bundle of dynamite. There are so many stories I can't tell any more.”

MARTIN O’NEILL
      "He had a fantastic sense of humour. I felt that for the ability that he had, and the status he had, he was amazingly humble.

“He was an absolutely wonderful footballer and it was just a privilege to have known him for a few years. I was delighted when he was voted the Greatest Ever Celtic Player and he leaves a big legacy, there’s no doubt about it.

“Almost since I came up here, I think he was suffering from the illness. He had been diagnosed, I think, about six years ago and he had a battle ever since.

“But I think it was Jimmy Johnstone the footballer who everyone here has come to pay tribute to. He was one of the greatest the world has ever known.”

ROD STEWART
      "I think we kept it together until we saw the grandchildren and they were all crying. They played 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and that's when everyone started crying.

"But it was wonderful - it had it's hilarious and funny moments and he'll be honestly, sadly missed, but it was also very humorous. It reflected the spirit of Jimmy.

"The three speeches at the end were wonderful, especially the true Scotsman one [from Willie Haughey] about 'When you're dead, your debt's finished.' I loved that. I will have to remember that at my funeral."

SIR ALEX FERGUSON
      “He was an immensely talented footballer, but also he was a courageous footballer and a courageous person. I was fortunate to have played against him, but my knee's still trying to get back into place!”

-03-19-2006, 02:42 AM
    • Ahbatu Ujeema
      Coginator
      by Ahbatu Ujeema
      Just got back from vacation in So Cal, Hermosa Beach.

I was eating breakfast at a place called " Eat at Joe's " in Hermosa beach and who comes walking in ? COG . He appeared to be with his Mom and Dad and two kids around 10-12.

I wasn't sure if I should say hello or what but after about 5 min. I decided to walk over and say Hi. He was as codial as the day is long. Kids turned out to be his little brother and brothers friend. Was on vacation with his family.

Told him I was a fan of his at Nebraska and now with the Rams. This all lasted only a few minutes as I did not want to look like a whoa slut bothersome fan.

Saw him and the beach twice after that, AWESOME shape, thats all I can say, AWESOMe.

One more thing, you are going to love how he got that outlined Tatoo filled in:helmet: :helmet:
      -07-26-2006, 08:23 AM
    Working...
    X