Could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw?

Interesting question, could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw? Kershaw is on a pitching run of historic magnitude. He hasnt given up a run in 46 innings or so and is chasing all time records. That being said, i think Avenger could work the count in his favor and then line a solid shot into the gap, which using his blazing speed on those reconstructed knees would then be stretched into a double.

Any thoughts from our baseball fans out there (given what a slow Rams period we are currently in as we wait for camp to begin).

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Not even with all the steroids and HGH in the world!

Comment

Re: Could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw?

It's a joy being a Dodger fan and being able to watch him. I picked up mlb.tv to do so and don't regret it at all. He's always had a good, not great but good. But this year that slider has taken on some extra movement to go with his 12 to 6 curve ball that has been declared illegal in 49 states

I've watched baseball for a long time and I don't recall seeing any pitcher who has everything clicking like he does right now. Just amazing to watch.
      The restoration is complete!

Comment

AvengerRam get a hit off of Kershaw?

NO WAY!

sorry,
        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

How many at bats does he get?

Give him 25 at bats, he'll get a hit.
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Curly Horns
            I can't stand Manumaleuna, no buts about it...
            by Curly Horns
            What do the Rams see in this guy other than a big body? He has cuaght a few big passes, during his time with the Rams, but for all the horrible plays he has made I don't see how that makes up for it.

It still boggles my mind as to why carolina made this guy an offer and then the Rams go and match it.

Come on, the Rams went from the likes of conwell to this guy? I don't understand. I mean a high school coach would look at this guy and say: "he's a big boy but a bit of a sissy on the field" NEXT!!

Monday night was my umpteenth last straw with this guy. Sure martin's pass to him was not great, but manu did not even try and fight for that ball. The colts LB started on his left shoulder and worked his way around manu's big backside, may have pushed him slightly while getting in front of him and took that pass away. Manu literally stopped on the route as if to call on some island bubba magic to make the ball come to him.

[email protected]#$%@&^@......!!!!!!!!!!!!

:helmet:
            -10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
          • general counsel
            Rams "on-field" participation
            by general counsel
            How are crazy fans like us ever going to get a chance to ACTIVELY participate in a rams game? There are three ways that i can think of, let me know which you think is the coolest (ie which job would you want if you had your first choice)

1) The guys who stand on the sidelines holding the down markers. They get to run on the field at critical times. These are basically volunteer or very very low paid positions, but it does get you on the field during the game, albeit not during the action.

2) The guy who picks up the kicking tee after money kicks off. he has to run onto the field and grab the tee, which is actually a very cool job. I have been to many games in person, but i cant remember if this guy runs onto the field after the ball has been kicked and during the action. If he is running onto the field during the action, it would certainly be bizarre if he pulled a muscle and came up lame while the action was coming at him on a long return. He could potentially get run over and be scarred for life.

3) My personal choice- The guy that carries the flag out of the tunnel at the start of the game as the team runs out behind him. This guy gets to run around the stadium waiving the big rams flag every time we score a td which is great, but the pumping adrenelin of running out of the tunnel leading the team, especially for a home playoff game, is about the coolest thing i can realistically imagine.

4) Other. One of the random marketing participations, ie pregame coin flip (although a playoff game OT coin flip might be cool) or a halftime promotion. I hold these in low esteem, but everyone is certainly entitled to their own view.

Let me know what you guys and gals think, seems like a good topic for the slow time before free agency and the draft.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            -02-19-2007, 10:06 AM
          • AvengerRam_old
            Do you have any phobias?
            by AvengerRam_old
            What fears do you have that are irrational or illogical?(don't tell us that you're afraid to swim with Great White Sharks will a leg wound, for example)

I used to have an irrational fear of lightning. It used to freak me out even if I was in a car or house. It originated with a childhood incident when I as at a little league practice and, while I was in the on-deck circle, lightning hit the backstop. I've since gotten over it.

I also once had an extreme fear of public speaking, which I got over (can't do what I do for a living if you are unwilling to speak in public).

Not sure that I have any true phobias today, though I really don't like to be in large crowds of people.
            -02-03-2006, 01:10 PM
          • general counsel
            Jonathon Ogden
            by general counsel
            I was at the falcons game saturday night 10 feet behind the ravens bench on the 50 yard line. These guys are all huge up close, but jonathon ogden is SO much larger than anyone else its scary. he is the closest thing in physical appearance to The Big Man that i can imagine, which i am sure accounts for one of the reasons he is often compared to our mr. pace. Oh by the way, sheer domination of the opponent is yet another reason.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            -08-15-2005, 09:09 AM
          • HUbison
            Help me understand.....what makes Okoye's age a risk?
            by HUbison
            Yes, he's 19, but others in the draft are no more than 3 years older. Some are 2 years older, some just a year older. He has performed at a high level against the best the NCAA has to offer. Relatively speaking, what makes his age any more a factor than the 21-year-old with less talent and productivity?

Listen to his interviews, watch his game film. If not for everybody repeating the fact, you'd never know he was 19. So really, should that even matter?
            -04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
          Working...
          X