Lebron goes back to Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron goes back to Cleveland

Just read from multiple sources that Lebron James has decided to go back home to Cleveland.

I guess you can go home!

Well, with Manziel and now James back in the fold the Clevelanders are back on the sports map, fwiw.

WHAT SAY YE?

Re: Lebron goes back to Cleveland

And now we go from seeing Heat jerseys all over the place to Cavalier jerseys again. Maybe they'll just dust off the ones that have been in the closet for years and not give the team new uniform money.
    The restoration is complete!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
      And now we go from seeing Heat jerseys all over the place to Cavalier jerseys again. Maybe they'll just dust off the ones that have been in the closet for years and not give the team new uniform money.
      Well, at least the ones that weren't burned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wews_LeBron-Jersey_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	779646

Comment

As a Heat fan, I'm fine with this. Lebron helped us win two titles in four years. No beef here.

Besides, the Heat's lineup for 2014-2015 (with the addition of Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, Shabazz Napier and Danny Granger) is going to be very competitive.

Comment

Really it is going to take him to really beyond kiss and make up. After he left after the so-called Decision thing!
          Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Nick
            Browns already done with JFF?
            by Nick
            Browns owner Jimmy Haslam jumps off Johnny Manziel bandwagon: ‘We’ve got to get a quarterback and got to get it fixed’
            By Nate Ulrich
            Beacon Journal sports writer
            Published: January 22, 2015 - 08:51 PM | Updated: January 23, 2015 - 06:57 AM

CLEVELAND: Browns owner Jimmy Haslam’s love of quarterback Johnny Manziel has transformed to disillusionment.

The shift in Haslam’s attitude toward Manziel was glaring Thursday night when he addressed the media backstage during the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel.

Haslam said selecting a quarterback in the first round of this year’s NFL Draft is on the table because the Browns have no idea who their starter will be next season. That’s an indictment of Manziel, the 22nd overall pick in last year’s draft who led the Browns to just three points in six quarters as a starter this past season.

“We’ve got to get a quarterback and got to get it fixed,” Haslam said. “Now that’s not to say Connor [Shaw], who in the last game played really well [as an undrafted rookie]. Right, for a first time? Hadn’t worked with the first team any against a really good [Baltimore Ravens] team on the road, played well. And that’s not to say Johnny can’t do it, but they both have to prove it, that they can do it over a period of time.

“You’ve got to have a really good quarterback and our situation, as coach [Mike] Pettine says, is still muddy, and we don’t know who our quarterback is going to be next year. And what I would say to our fans is we’re going to continue to work really hard to find that quarterback who can make us a championship team.”

Manziel has shown a dedication to partying but not a commitment to doing everything in his power to ensure he’ll improve as an NFL quarterback.

“I think Johnny has to show on and off the field he can be a professional,” Haslam said. “He knows that. Everybody in the organization has told him that. It’ll be up to [new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo] and Pett to decide whether he can be the kind of quarterback we need him to be. He knows what we expect of him on and off the field, and it’s up to him to prove he can do that.”

Haslam mentioned veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer as an afterthought.

Hoyer, who went 7-6 as a starter last season, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 10. The Browns benched him and started Manziel after Hoyer threw eight interceptions and one touchdown in a four-game span.

Asked where the Browns stand with Hoyer, Haslam said, “I think every option is open on the table for us in terms of who’s going to play next year.”

Will they try to negotiate with Hoyer soon?

“That will be up to [General Manager] Ray [Farmer] and Pett to decide what direction we go there,” Haslam said.

This much is certain: The Browns are going to focus this offseason...
            -01-23-2015, 05:22 AM
          • AvengerRam_old
            Manziel Enters Treatment Facility
            by AvengerRam_old
            [/I]While I certainly wish him well and hope he gets his act together, I am soooooooo glad the Rams did not take him....
            -02-02-2015, 09:46 AM
          • Nick
            The Whiners/Harbaugh Drama Thread
            by Nick
            Sources: Browns nearly traded with ***** for Jim Harbaugh
            Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2014, 4:28 PM EST

The Browns’ unpredictable head-coaching search nearly finished with what would have been the most unpredictable outcome of any head-coaching search since Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Buccaneers a dozen years ago.

Per multiple league sources, the Cleveland Browns nearly pulled off a trade with the ***** for the rights to coach Jim Harbaugh.

A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the *****.

The ***** could not immediately be reached for comment. Efforts to contact the ***** continue.

The Browns declined to comment specifically on whether an effort was made to acquire Jim Harbaugh. The Browns characterized the search as thorough, and the Browns acknowledged that many options were considered. The Browns emphasized that the team is excited about its new coach Mike Pettine.

A deal would have been stunning, for several reasons. Harbaugh has taken the ***** to the NFC title game in each of his three years with the team. Also, he would have joined the same division as his brother, Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Which means they would have been squaring off at least twice per year, and competing directly for division titles and/or wild-card positioning.
            -02-21-2014, 01:56 PM
          • RamWraith
            Two St. Louis Rams guarantee victory over Cleveland Browns
            by RamWraith
            Thursday, October 25, 2007
            Mary Kay Cabot
            Plain Dealer Reporter

Rams tight end Randy McMichael guaranteed a victory over the Browns on Tuesday, and running back Steven Jackson backed it up on Wednesday.

"Randy McMichael guaranteed a win?" Jackson asked on a conference call with Cleveland media on Wednesday. "I didn't know. Well, then I back it. I guarantee it with him."

Jackson said he did so because of solidarity on the 0-7 Rams.

"We don't divide," said Jackson. "We don't shy away from one another. If a guy goes out and puts it on the line, then we've got to go out and do it."

McMichael told the Sports Ticker in St. Louis on Tuesday: "We have nothing else to say - we are going to win the football game."

The Browns seemed unfazed - although it undoubtedly will become bulletin board material.

"It's his way of psyching up his team," Browns center Hank Fraley said. "Everybody feels they're gonna win every week. It doesn't make me want to play any harder."

Kellen Winslow found nothing wrong with it.

"It's just confidence," he said. "That's the way it should be. But I've seen a lot of them backfire."

Rams coach Scott Linehan supported his troops during his conference call Wednesday

think people do that to try to motivate," he said. "I'd say there's no guarantee in life - I know that. Regardless of how it's perceived, we've got to do something to get a win, and a little psychology for us wouldn't hurt."

College memories:

Browns quarterback Derek Anderson and Jackson, the 24th overall pick by St. Louis in 2004, were roommates as freshmen at Oregon State and have remained good friends.

"Even as a freshman, he was a man against boys out there," said Anderson. "He was running guys over, and it was like, 'Wow! This kid's like 18 years old.' "

He remembered Jackson bowling over Oregon's secondary as a sophomore.

"He was like 235 and lean," said Anderson. "He doesn't quit either. You've got to tackle him the whole game."

They lived together in the international dorm and had to talk to each other "because only a few of us in there spoke English," said Anderson.

When Anderson got the Browns' starting job in Week 2, he received a text message from Jackson. It read, "Make it hell on them to make a decision once they bring the rookie in up there."

Anderson's performance is no surprise to Jackson, who chose Oregon State, in part, because Anderson was going.

"When the Browns picked him up, I knew the opportunity would come because there was no sure starter there," said Jackson. "He's...
            -10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
          • HUbison
            Now that we're out of the running....
            by HUbison
            ....for the saddest fan base in the NFL, which fan base is most deserving of sympathy?

The Whiners have lost 21 of their last 22.
            The Browns have lost 25 of their last 26.

On 11/23/14, the Browns were 7-4 for the season. Since then they are 4-40.
            On 09/08/46, the Whiners played their first game. Since then their fans have had to cheer for them.

I'm torn. Who's the saddest? Browns? Whiners?
            -10-23-2017, 07:30 AM
          Working...
          X