Yu Darvish- GUTLESS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yu Darvish- GUTLESS

As a big Dodgers fan, needless to say I am extremely disappointed in last night's game 7 loss. The Dodgers' bats didn't show up for much of the series (they hit .205). Guys they counted on during the season played poorly (Justin turner a no-show, Kenley Jansen a blown save and a loss, Cody Bellinger a strikeout machine, among others). They blew a 3-1 lead in game 2, and later 4-0 and 7-4 leads in game 5 with their ace on the mound. Even with all that, the series was there for the taking. And they had game 7 at home. They didn't get it done- and didn't deserve to win.

While he had plenty of company, Yu Darvish deserves the brunt of this scathing critique for his totally gutless performances in games 3 and 7. How a pitcher with his ability could have not one but TWO starts in which he couldn't get out of the 2nd inning is mind-boggling, disgraceful and unprecedented from what I can remember going back a lot of years watching this sport. He should donate his game checks to the American Heart Association since he apparently has none. He's forever damaged how I and undoubtedly many others will view him regardless of what he does from this point forward in his career. Absolutely no balls whatsoever and no appreciation for the occasion and what was at stake.

A bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

Yu Darvish was terrible. Absolutely no question about it. Kershaw was a disgrace in the game he started and with the season on the line, the dodgers scored one run. One run is not going to win many games at all, let alone a game 7. Darvish could have pitched a lot better, and personally, i would have pulled him after he gave up the first 2 runs, but i would still blame the bats as much as anything else in game 7 and i would point out that in a 7 game series, when you score 10 runs or more and still lose a game in which kershaw starts, you might want to look at that game as the one that cost you the series.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Working...
    X