X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams attempting to get Moe Williams

Rams | Team visits with M. Williams
    Wed, 31 May 2006 17:56:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the St. Louis Rams visited with free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) Wednesday, May 31. Rams head coach Scott Linehan knows Williams' skills from their days together in Minnesota, and now he is interested in having them in St. Louis.

He has drug problems but as I may recall when healthy this guy has some mad talent.

Re: Rams attempting to get Moe Williams

What drug problems? You sure you aren't thinking of Onterrio Smith the original Whizinator LOL

Comment

i wonder what impact, if any, this has on the faulk situation.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by ramsbruce
        What drug problems? You sure you aren't thinking of Onterrio Smith the original Whizinator LOL
        Oh yea! I was thinking Onterio Smith, Thanks man!

Comment

Moe is a special team ace. He runs hard and can block too.

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
            i wonder what impact, if any, this has on the faulk situation.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
            your right this could be something about Faulk retireing

Please dont retire now Marshall Faulk!

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan4ever
              your right this could be something about Faulk retireing

Please dont retire now Marshall Faulk!
              Yea. This has me worried, really worried.

Comment

moe can come in and play some goal line situations like he did for linehan and racked up 10 tds in 2003... he can also play the hback role and is a great special teams player... i would love for him to play for the rams

Comment

Special Teams, special Teams, I think from what I have read and heard, I really think they are really looking at making our D better by getting better field position with special Teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman
                    My God...come on guys, don't start panicking here!
                    GC was just making an observation, he hadn't touched the panic button yet. The rest of the lot couldn't get into a R rated movie yet so they panic at the first touch of a girls hand. Youngins......what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman
                      My God...come on guys, don't start panicking here!
                      Yeah Faulk won't turn down millions.

Comment

The rest of the lot couldn't get into a R rated movie yet so they panic at the first touch of a girls hand. Youngins......what to do.
                        LOL

Special Teams; It would be nice to call them Special again.
                        JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
                        :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
                        Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
                          The rest of the lot couldn't get into a R rated movie yet so they panic at the first touch of a girls hand. Youngins......what to do.

LOL Classic!

While I don't believe Williams has problems with drugs, he was found guilty of some charges stemming from the Love Boat incident. There was speculation he could retire.

You almost get the feeling that between Jackson, Faulk (if he keeps playing), Williams, and Fisher, that Linehan wants to have a strong rotation like he had in Minnesota and, to a lesser extent, Miami. If this is the case, I wonder what Jackson really thinks about it.

Comment

Yea. This has me worried, really worried.
                            From the same guy who characterized Faulk as "dead weight"......impressive flip-flop.
                            Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

You almost get the feeling that between Jackson, Faulk (if he keeps playing), Williams, and Fisher, that Linehan wants to have a strong rotation like he had in Minnesota and, to a lesser extent, Miami. If this is the case, I wonder what Jackson really thinks about it.
                              This is an outstanding point. Everyone, Jackson included, seemed to get excited when Linehan came on board. Finally, we would have a coach that knew how to "properly" use Jackson.....right?

Well, if we look at Linehan's short career, he has almost always maintained a RB-by-committee. If Jackson didn't think his 254 carries last year were enough, he's not going to be happy to know that, outside of Bennett's 255 carries in 2002, no Linehan back has carried more than 207 times in a season, nearly 50 less than Jackson's carry total under Martz/Vitt.
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams
                                by Guest
                                NEW Article
                                Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams
                                Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:18:21 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports there has been some talk the St. Louis Rams could turn to another former Minnesota Vikings running back, free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) as a potential No. 2 running back now that RB Marshall Faulk (knee) is done for the 2006 season.

OLD Article back on May31st
                                Rams | Team visits with M. Williams
                                Wed, 31 May 2006 17:56:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the St. Louis Rams visited with free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) Wednesday, May 31. Rams head coach Scott Linehan knows Williams' skills from their days together in Minnesota, and now he is interested in having them in St. Louis.
                                -07-22-2006, 05:04 PM
                              • MauiRam
                                Williams out of the mix ...
                                by MauiRam
                                http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Oh well ... he probably wouldn't have come here anyway.

-01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
                              • AvengerRam_old
                                What should the Rams do about Gregg Williams?
                                by AvengerRam_old
                                You be the judge!
                                Nothing. He's merely a scapegoat for a practice that is commonplace.
                                21.69%
                                If he is suspended, fire him. Otherwise, keep him.
                                8.43%
                                Wait until the league imposes its penalties, then decide.
                                45.78%
                                Fire him now.
                                24.10%
                                -03-04-2012, 08:51 AM
                              • ramavenger
                                Williams Could Miss Time
                                by ramavenger
                                Rams | Williams Could Miss Time - from www.KFFL.com
                                Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:58:33 -0800

St. Louis Rams S Aeneas Williams (neck, shoulder) aggravated a pinched nerve in his neck and shoulder area during Week 12 and underwent an MRI Tuesday, Nov. 30. Williams has dealt with this problem for much of the season, but he may be forced to sit out a game or two due to the aggravation of it.

Sorry to add to the misery : :upset:
                                -11-30-2004, 04:07 PM
                              • Return To Glory
                                Rams Notebook: Williams relishes his fresh start with the Rams
                                by Return To Glory
                                Rams Notebook: Williams relishes his fresh start with the Rams
                                By Bill Coats
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                08/04/2006

With major knee surgery and the infamous "love boat" incident behind him, former Minnesota Vikings running back Moe Williams took his first steps toward reclamation Thursday at Rams Park.

"It felt really good to be out there" at practice, said Williams, a Columbus, Ga., native who played college football at Kentucky. Williams added that testing his knee in contact drills bolstered his confidence. "It did, just to get that initial thought out of your mind: Is it going to hold up?" he said.

After being cleared medically, Williams, a free agent, signed a one-year deal worth $810,000 on Wednesday. He is expected to compete with Tony Fisher for the No. 2 job behind Steven Jackson, although the Rams will continue to look for backfield help.

Williams, 32, took limited reps Thursday; coach Scott Linehan is determined to bring him along slowly.

"He's got to condition while we practice," Linehan said. "You don't want a guy who hasn't been through an offseason program or 10 or 11 practices to go in right away, full-speed. You've got to control that and be smart with him."

Williams, listed at 6 feet 1 and 205 pounds, had surgery Nov. 15 to repair cartilage in his right knee after playing in just six games last season. About a month later, he was one of four Vikings charged with indecent, lewd and disorderly conduct for what police alleged were public sex acts during an Oct. 6 boat party on Lake Minnetonka, in suburban Minneapolis.

Williams ultimately pleaded guilty of disorderly conduct. He was fined $300 and ordered to complete 30 hours of community service.

On Thursday, Williams insisted firmly that his involvement was "kind of guilt by association. I've never pretended to be a saint, but I didn't do the things that were claimed that I did. ... As far as me having problems with women, that's never been an issue and never will be an issue."

His mother, Maj. Marethia Williams, is a medic in the Army Reserve who, he stressed, instilled strong values in him and doesn't put up with any nonsense. "My mom was a mom and a dad," Williams said. "She's a little, short, cocky woman, and trust me, she can handle you like a dad can. ... I've never done anything to disrespect my mother."

Williams has spent nine of his 10 NFL seasons with Minnesota, including three when Linehan was the Vikings' offensive coordinator. The two formed a strong bond, and when Linehan expressed interest in bringing him to St. Louis, Williams said he was "honored" by the invitation.

"I was biting at the bit," Williams said. "Scott called me to see how I was doing, physically and mentally....
                                -08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
                              Working...
                              X