Rams attempting to get Moe Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rams attempting to get Moe Williams

i dont see the carries being a problem for jackson, i believe jackson is looking at 300+ this season as long as he can stay healthy, which is a big question in all this, if bringing in williams makes us better on special teams and he can also help us on the goal line then lets get him.

Comment

Originally posted by jkramsfan
      i dont see the carries being a problem for jackson, i believe jackson is looking at 300+ this season.
      He may have 300+. It's a sign of good things if he does have that many. However, if he does, that will be 50+ more carries than any Linehan RB has ever had.

We knew Martz was ALWAYS going to go with deep drop passing routes......because he ALWAYS did in the past. Linehan's RB-by-committee may be the same situation.

I hope it's not, but it may.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

It's good to have solid backups. It would make for good competition in training camp. This would keep both Jackson and Faulk fresh for the regular season.
        JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
        :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
        Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by Yodude
          From the same guy who characterized Faulk as "dead weight"......impressive flip-flop.
          I'm thinkin about joining the Drama club.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16
            Now that was a funny, witty, and rather smart comeback 16.

Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman
              I smell special teams here!!!
              Bigredman, glad to see you're in touch with your femanine(spelling) side (the kilt)LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16
                Do they have a message board? LOL

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams
                  by Guest
                  NEW Article
                  Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams
                  Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:18:21 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports there has been some talk the St. Louis Rams could turn to another former Minnesota Vikings running back, free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) as a potential No. 2 running back now that RB Marshall Faulk (knee) is done for the 2006 season.

OLD Article back on May31st
                  Rams | Team visits with M. Williams
                  Wed, 31 May 2006 17:56:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the St. Louis Rams visited with free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) Wednesday, May 31. Rams head coach Scott Linehan knows Williams' skills from their days together in Minnesota, and now he is interested in having them in St. Louis.
                  -07-22-2006, 05:04 PM
                • MauiRam
                  Williams out of the mix ...
                  by MauiRam
                  http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Oh well ... he probably wouldn't have come here anyway.

-01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
                • AvengerRam_old
                  What should the Rams do about Gregg Williams?
                  by AvengerRam_old
                  You be the judge!
                  Nothing. He's merely a scapegoat for a practice that is commonplace.
                  21.69%
                  If he is suspended, fire him. Otherwise, keep him.
                  8.43%
                  Wait until the league imposes its penalties, then decide.
                  45.78%
                  Fire him now.
                  24.10%
                  -03-04-2012, 08:51 AM
                • ramavenger
                  Williams Could Miss Time
                  by ramavenger
                  Rams | Williams Could Miss Time - from www.KFFL.com
                  Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:58:33 -0800

St. Louis Rams S Aeneas Williams (neck, shoulder) aggravated a pinched nerve in his neck and shoulder area during Week 12 and underwent an MRI Tuesday, Nov. 30. Williams has dealt with this problem for much of the season, but he may be forced to sit out a game or two due to the aggravation of it.

Sorry to add to the misery : :upset:
                  -11-30-2004, 04:07 PM
                • Return To Glory
                  Rams Notebook: Williams relishes his fresh start with the Rams
                  by Return To Glory
                  Rams Notebook: Williams relishes his fresh start with the Rams
                  By Bill Coats
                  ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                  08/04/2006

With major knee surgery and the infamous "love boat" incident behind him, former Minnesota Vikings running back Moe Williams took his first steps toward reclamation Thursday at Rams Park.

"It felt really good to be out there" at practice, said Williams, a Columbus, Ga., native who played college football at Kentucky. Williams added that testing his knee in contact drills bolstered his confidence. "It did, just to get that initial thought out of your mind: Is it going to hold up?" he said.

After being cleared medically, Williams, a free agent, signed a one-year deal worth $810,000 on Wednesday. He is expected to compete with Tony Fisher for the No. 2 job behind Steven Jackson, although the Rams will continue to look for backfield help.

Williams, 32, took limited reps Thursday; coach Scott Linehan is determined to bring him along slowly.

"He's got to condition while we practice," Linehan said. "You don't want a guy who hasn't been through an offseason program or 10 or 11 practices to go in right away, full-speed. You've got to control that and be smart with him."

Williams, listed at 6 feet 1 and 205 pounds, had surgery Nov. 15 to repair cartilage in his right knee after playing in just six games last season. About a month later, he was one of four Vikings charged with indecent, lewd and disorderly conduct for what police alleged were public sex acts during an Oct. 6 boat party on Lake Minnetonka, in suburban Minneapolis.

Williams ultimately pleaded guilty of disorderly conduct. He was fined $300 and ordered to complete 30 hours of community service.

On Thursday, Williams insisted firmly that his involvement was "kind of guilt by association. I've never pretended to be a saint, but I didn't do the things that were claimed that I did. ... As far as me having problems with women, that's never been an issue and never will be an issue."

His mother, Maj. Marethia Williams, is a medic in the Army Reserve who, he stressed, instilled strong values in him and doesn't put up with any nonsense. "My mom was a mom and a dad," Williams said. "She's a little, short, cocky woman, and trust me, she can handle you like a dad can. ... I've never done anything to disrespect my mother."

Williams has spent nine of his 10 NFL seasons with Minnesota, including three when Linehan was the Vikings' offensive coordinator. The two formed a strong bond, and when Linehan expressed interest in bringing him to St. Louis, Williams said he was "honored" by the invitation.

"I was biting at the bit," Williams said. "Scott called me to see how I was doing, physically and mentally....
                  -08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
                Working...
                X