My first 40+ Hour work week is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first 40+ Hour work week is over

Yep thats right, my first 40 hour work week is over.

I work at a resturant washing Dishes and work at my uncles Campground in the office and mowing lawn, and what not.

I worked 12 hours friday and it sucked.

Anwyas just thought so you guys who don't think I have a live and no job know t hat I do.

Re: My first 40+ Hour work week is over

Way to go buddy. What are you going to do with that shiny new quarter your Uncle gave you?

Comment

Hey, BRM, remember 40 hour weeks? LOL

RF16, this is a good thing for you. Just think, your whole life you've either been in school, or waiting for school to start back up in the fall. Now, you'll be too busy to think about school until summer's over!
      Next step is college, trying to hold down 16 hours a semester, working part-time, studying, and all-nighters so you can pass those tough exams.
      Then comes the college graduation! Finally, some time for yourself! Nothing to do but send out resumes, go to interviews, fret over the student loan payments, and then you realize that unless you want to live in your parent's basement until you are 40, you have to get a job.
      If you're lucky, maybe you can find a job working at a resturant washing dishes, and work at your uncle's campground in the office, and mowing lawns, and what not.
      Just don't settle for the 'communications and liberal arts majors' job....you know what I mean, the guy at McDonalds who says "Ya want fries with that?"
      After you meet the right girl, settle down, and start a family, your wife will want you to get a real job, because you will have to provide for her, and you can't do that in your basement room. So, back to the job search.
      Around age 30, you'll wonder why the degree you earned doesn't translate into the money you want. It's simple economics...you don't own the company. So, to make up for the financial shortfall, you work 60-70 hour weeks, try to spend time with the wife and kids, and live on 4 hours sleep a night.
      Around age 40, you are told by your doctor to slow down, you'll be overweight, have high blood pressure, and going bald fast.
      THEN....you can decide that a 40-hour week is just what you want. Of course, by then, you'll be too run down to enjoy a normal life.

So, enjoy it now, RF16...life will never be this good again!
      temp_4394_1467243487543_20
      RAMS!

Comment

I've NEVER had a 40 hours work week. I WISH I knew what one was like. Reps to you my model of funnymen. My 22 year old daughter is already complaining about how work sucks, and what was the hassle of getting a degree if you can't get paid what she believes its worth. Ha....love it. My 20 year old son just can't handle how having to work cuts into his social life. This coming from a kid who couldn't wait to get out of high school. I can't wait until they have kids and they become teenagers. Revenge will be mine!!!!
        Last edited by bigredman; -07-02-2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Congrats rams16, that is truly something to be proud of. By the way, wait until you get your first paycheck and like so many before you, you ask that magic question "WHO THE HECK IS FICA and where did all my money go!"

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel
            Congrats rams16, that is truly something to be proud of. By the way, wait until you get your first paycheck and like so many before you, you ask that magic question "WHO THE HECK IS FICA and where did all my money go!"

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
            I get paid CASH one, check the other.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16
              I get paid CASH one, check the other.
              Now that you have announced this, I'm sure the IRS will be sending you an invitation to an audit.:tongue:
              temp_4394_1467243487543_20
              RAMS!

Comment

Anyways I think I have tomorrow off thank god and hopefully Wednsday. Tomorrow me and some friends are going to make a video of us playin Bball!

I'll keep you updated!

Comment

It will be cool to see you get dunked on RF16. We should put it in the premium forum. How many new people would join to see that?

Comment

No, I do the dunking ON. Hopefully it'll be made tomorrow though.

Comment

We shall soon see my young friend. Should we expect a Kobe type performance, or will you pass the ball every once in a while? Should be interesting.

Comment

You're 16 and you can dunk? How high is the rim?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                          I can dunk 9' 5" but my friends can't so we play on 8'6" which is coo because its easier to dunk on em'.

We Play 21 not teams.

Comment

I am sure if this alleged footage ever makes it online, the cameraman will be crouched down to give the illusion of a 10 foot goal, when in reality it is 8 foot high. Kinda like WWE camera people when "giant" wrestlers come out. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce=GOAT
                              Kinda like WWE camera people when "giant" wrestlers come out.
                              Have uve seen The Great Khali?!?!

Hes HUGE!!! Really Huge. have uve seen rey step up to him? Khalis like 3 and a half feet taller than him
                              Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-03-2006, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFan4ever
                                Ways to get taller?
                                by RamsFan4ever
                                My future high school coach wants me to grow about 2 more inches before next years season and he said if I do get those inches, My chances at a starting position rises.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does milk help? My parents say it does, but I'm not so sure.
                                -12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                Eating Healthy
                                by RamsFanSam
                                I love food. Not just food....decadent food. Death by Chocolate Ice Cream smothered in hot fudge. Bacon. Steak. Krispy Kremes.
                                To me, vegetables are not food, they are what food eats.

At least, until last week.

I spent six hours in the Emergency Room at the hospital. Seems as though I had carried a cart up a flight of stairs, and when I got to the top, I had a sudden, EXTREMELY painful headache that came on all at once. I had blurry vision, couldn't think clearly, and felt like I would pass out any second.
                                Right then, I was glad I worked at a hospital.
                                I don't really remember much of what happened for the rest of the day. I remember someone saying my blood sugar was 85, my blood pressure was way too high, getting a CT scan, then an MRI. They said that I did not have an aneurysm. My vision slowly returned to normal, and my headache slowly faded.
                                Friday, I got the results from all of the tests that my doctor had done. He said everything was perfect except my blood pressure and my cholesterol levels were both way too high.
                                Suffice to say, Mom isn't letting me get by with anything. No ice cream, no Krispy Kremes, no T-bones. Real eggs? Nope.
                                She has me eating things called 'salads'. She discovered a way to cook foods that doesn't involve frying. (I never knew that it was possible!!!) She has me drinking this white-colored water she calls 'skim milk'. Chocolate? Out of the question....

My metabolism has always been high enough that I have to eat about 3000 calories a day just to maintain my weight. Now, instead of a quick death by stroke, I must endure a slow death by lettuce and starvation. The most substantial thing I ingest everyday is one Lipitor tablet.

How can anyone think eating this way is healthy? Rabbits eat food like this. Rabbits are all small and fat, and they don't live long.

Since Mom has me eating like I'm some sort of 'New-Age' weirdo from California, you guys need to do me a favor: If I start acting like some 'New-Age' weirdo, please shoot me for my own good, OK?
                                -03-19-2006, 10:30 AM
                              • thoey
                                Jokes and Humor
                                by thoey
                                Figured I would start an on-going thread just for jokes and humor.

***********************************************************
                                Chili Cook-off:

Recently I was honored to be selected as an Outstanding Famous Celebrity in my Community to be a judge at a chili cook-off because no one else wanted to do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came.

I was assured by the other two judges that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted this as being one of those burdens you endure when you're an Internet writer and therefore known and adored by all.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
                                JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
                                CAMERON: Holy smokes, what is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky (barbecue?) with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.
                                JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
                                CAMERON: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. Shoved my way to the front of the beer line. The barmaid looks like a professional wrestler after a bad night. She was so irritated over my gagging sounds that the snake tattoo under her eye started to twitch. She has arms like Popeye and a face like Winston Churchill. I will NOT pick a fight with her.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
                                JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.
                                CAMERON: This has got to be a joke. Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been sneezing Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now and got out of my way so I could make it to the beer wagon. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. She said her friends call her "Sally." Probably behind her back they call her "Forklift."

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
                                JUDGE TWO: A hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
                                CAMERON: I felt something scraping across my tongue but was unable to taste it. Sally was standing behind me with fresh refills so I...
                                -09-05-2007, 11:52 AM
                              • MOM
                                Question for Missouri Parents and Teachers
                                by MOM
                                I really need to get something off my chest, and pose a few serious questions.

I stood outside with my Kindergartener for almost 30 minutes in below freezing temperatures (20 actual degrees, 14 degree wind chill) this morning, in front of the school she attends. Now, when it comes time for recess, if the wind chill is below 32 degrees, the kids are kept inside. WHY THE HELL-O NOT LET THEM IN WHEN IT IS WAY COLDER THAN THAT?????

1. Why do the teachers and school administrators keep the kids out in the cold while THEY get to be inside where it is warm?

I asked the school principal this morning, and she said that none of them had to be there until 7:30. This did not fly with me because I have NEVER seen any of them arrive that late. 90% of them are there by 7:00. She also told me that it would be unfair to the teachers to have to work that extra time. I then informed her that 30minutes a day is hardly work, especially when they are not HOURLY employees. She then starts whining about how 30 minutes would end up leading to an hour and longer, and that is why we have a program called "Prime Time".

This was intriguing to me, and I'll tell ya why. Your typical day care center in the town I live in charges around $150 a week nowadays. Let us assume that a child is there about 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. This calculates to be about $3.00 per hour. Enter "Prime Time". It costs $55 a week. Let's say you only need your child to be there for 30 minutes before school, 5 days a week. That comes out to $20.00 per hour! Yeah, great idea.....NOT!

It all boils down to their convenience outweighing the welfare of the kids. Leave them out in the cold so they can be at risk for frostbite, hypothermia, exposure, and goodness knows what else just so they don't have to take an aspirin for a headache from being around them for 30 dad gum minutes!

2. The first time the early morning temperatures got below freezing, Pa asked the same questions I did. The response he was given was that there were security issues involved. Let me ask this....WHAT?

Sure, let them in so little 5-year-old Apu Hassamapedapetamalon (sp?) (You know, the KwikEMart guy from the Simpsons) can go in and blow himself up. RIIIIIIIIGHT. I can think of a HUGE reason not to lock them out. Not all sex offenders are going to follow the conditions of their probation and parole 100% of the time. Locking them outside without proper supervision gives these sickos primo opportunity to offend. You leave the kids vulnerable to abduction or worse.

Kids can also hurt themselves or each other playing outside without supervision. They can also end up taking these activities out into the streets, where a car can hit them.

Missouri parents:

Does your school do this?

Missouri teachers:

WHY? I need a GOOD reason,...
                                -11-30-2005, 07:38 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                "Rules For Work" Any contractors of subcontractors out there?
                                by MauiRam
                                Rules for work

1) Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 PM and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2) If itís really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire
                                how itís going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me
                                as often as possible.

3) Always leave without telling anyone where youíre going. That way it gives me
                                a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4) If my arms are full carrying tools and materials, donít open the door for me. I
                                need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors with no arms
                                is good training in case I should ever be injured and lose all use of my limbs.

5) If you give me more than one job to do, donít tell me which one is the priority.
                                I am psychic.

6) Do your best to keep me working late and on weekends. I adore working and
                                really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7) If a job I do actually pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out it could
                                lead to a raise.

8) If you donít like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in con-
                                versations. I was born to be whipped.

9) If you have special instructions for a job, donít write them down. In fact, save
                                them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful
                                information.

10) Never introduce me to the people youíre with. I have no right to know
                                anything. In the construction food chain I am plankton. When you refer to
                                them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11) Be nice to me only when the job Iím doing for you could really change your
                                life and send you straight to contractorsí hell.

12) Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and itís nice to know
                                that someone else is less fortunate. I especially like the story about your
                                having to pay so much taxes on all the money you made last year.
                                -05-21-2008, 12:43 PM
                              Working...
                              X