My first 40+ Hour work week is over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first 40+ Hour work week is over

Yeah that dude the Great Khali is huge! I found some interesting and bad wrestling news earlier:
    The following is an article from The Ironton Tribune (irontontribune.com)

Wrestling stars busted in Hanging Rock
    By Kirsten Stanley/The Ironton Tribune

HANGING ROCK ó Two wrestling superstars from Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Entertainment may be tough in the ring, but they didnít have enough muscle to escape drug charges after being stopped Sunday night by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Robert Alex Szatowski, aka WWE and ECW champion Rob Van Dam, and Terry Michael Brunk, aka Sabu, also a former ECW champion, were pulled over on U.S. 52, near Patrick Street in Hanging Rock at about 10:15 p.m. The two were apparently driving from their performances at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena earlier in the evening.

According to the OSHP, Szatowski was initially stopped for speeding. When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable, but were known to be controlled substances, according to the OSHP. Both were cited and posted bond at the scene.

Szatowski, of Battle Creek, Mich., has had a long, successful career with both the WWE and ECW. In addition to being the current champion of both, he has been intercontinental champion six times, hardcore champion four times and has been a part of several championship tag team duos.

He is scheduled to wrestle tonight on WWE Raw and is also wrestling Tuesday night to retain his WWE and ECW titles during the ďExtreme Rules MatchĒ on the Sci-Fi channel.

Both Brunk and Szatowski are scheduled to appear at 10 a.m. Thursday in Ironton Municipal Court. Both wrestlers won their matches last night in Huntington, W.Va. Van Dam defeated the Big Show and Sabu defeated Justin Credible.

When troopers approached his vehicle, they smelled marijuana and performed a search. Troopers found the wrestler in possession of 18 grams of marijuana and five Vicodin, prescription pain pills. Brunk was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and also had nine pills that were not immediately identifiable

Comment

RVD.... :tut

How could you do that? Your a role model for kids like my age.....

Hey bruce=GOAT, are you gonna watch the Raw tonite?
      Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-03-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Hey bruce=GOAT, are you gonna watch the Raw tonite?
        Oh yeah, I can't believe DX is banned from the building. Who knows what Mr. McMahon has in store for Raw tonight?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce=GOAT
            Oh yeah, I can't believe DX is banned from the building. Who knows what Mr. McMahon has in store for Raw tonight?
            Update me here, I haven't watched wrestling forever (haven't watched T.V. at all for the last year or so, actually [and proudly] )
            DX? The last time I remember them is from the old days while I was in middle school and NWO was all the rave in the WCW. Is X-Pac involved? Again, update me - "pro" wrestling's always been entertaining to me, no matter how fake it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Disco Man
              Update me here, I haven't watched wrestling forever (haven't watched T.V. at all for the last year or so, actually [and proudly]
              No TV? A Ram game? A news item? Nothing? The breeze up my kilt is giving me a chill.

Comment

congrats "RF16" Its the start of a life long set of dreams for you My young friend !!! I have found the things one wants out of life they must work for it , At first it will be hard and difficult , But if you train yourself and understand that the sky's is the limit for all of your dreams in life , All it takes is hard work( nothing is free) what ever that might be for you ? Your life style the things that you want have and own is all up to you and how hard and dedicated you are to making those things come true ...
                Whats really neat is once you get your idea of what you want to do you can be the best at what you do or where ever you want to be !!! Again its all up to you ... I know its going to suck at 1st it will get better I promise as long as you find something you enjoy doing thats the trick not many do unfortunately , So make sure you find the right thing for you , You have plenty of time to do so ... Just don't wait toooo long as life will pass you bye if you don't ... Really great job keep it up and never say die and never give up or quit you can make it happen ...ORF
                Last edited by OldRamsfan; -07-03-2006, 09:24 PM.
                :helmet::ram::helmet: :ram::helmet::ram:

Comment

Originally posted by bigredman
                  No TV? A Ram game? A news item? Nothing? The breeze up my kilt is giving me a chill.
                  That's right, no TV. I firmly believe it's good for me and would be even moreso for the rest of my largely ignorant peers.

Don't be mistaken though, I make sure to visit my brother-in-law's/sister's house during football season. Any Rams games that might be on at that time will be watched (on a big screen, no less ). He and I are the only ones in my entire family with a passion for football [and blunts], so I'm blessed to have him now, as there's always a mini-party going on every Sunday/Monday at his/her place. As far as news goes, I haven't watched a local telecast in at least a couple years. I'm sure you can imagine with the "news" a state like Nebraska puts forth daily as "important" is entirely laughable anyway. I get most of my news from the Internet, certain sources I can trust for straight-up, less filtered facts, and I'm happy with that. The recent video-boom on the Internet helps as well.

I do have a TV, but use it only for movies and video games ('games' only being plural because of only two games - Madden and Halo 2). Our 3 local channels don't come in very well at all, so I only bother trying to watch Letterman late at night every once in a while.

Blockbuster has a great deal much like NetFlix, where you can rent 3 movies at a time over the 'Net. I lean more towards underground movies and documentaries, which again keeps me happy. I'm not much into mainstream media (news, music, movies, etc.) if you can't tell already. As far as music goes, I pay even less attention to what the radio plays than what the TV plays. Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing that is grossly underused by today's youth.

The truth is out there (the "real stuff") if you can learn to seep through all the bullsh!t that's fed to us.

:<>
                  Last edited by evil disco man; -07-03-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

EDM, DX just reunited a few weeks back and consists of only the original two at this time. HHH and Shawn Michaels. They are feuding with Mr., and Shane McMahon currently.
                    RVD had the title until tonite when he dropped it to Edge (due to his arrest last nite) and Edge will feud with John Cena in the near future.
                    You should check it out sometime. Raw is an excellent show on Monday nites, and ECW has tuesday nite shows on Sci-Fi network. ECW is under the WWE umbrella as they own it now.
                    Smackdown has Fri. nite shows on UPN. It is a boring show imo. Check it out if u get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16
                      I can dunk 9' 5" but my friends can't so we play on 8'6" which is coo because its easier to dunk on em'.

We Play 21 not teams.
                      im 14 and can dunk on 9'5 ur friends aint got no ups eh?
                      Built RAM tough

Comment

Originally posted by ramsplaya16
                        im 14 and can dunk on 9'5 ur friends aint got no ups eh?
                        No. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFan16
                          No. Not at all.
                          haha thought so
                          Built RAM tough

Comment

RF16, keep up the good work. As you can see, all of us more "senior" members hold in high esteem our young Rams here. I too congratulate you on your work accomplishments.

Work. Play. Learn. Grow. :clanram: Do what is right.

God bless you.

To every thing, turn, turn, turn.
                            There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
                            And a time to every purpose under heaven.
                            A time to be born, a time to die.
                            A time to plant, a time to reap.
                            A time to kill, a time to heal.
                            A time to laugh, a time to weep.

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
                            There is a season, turn, turn, turn;
                            and a time to every purpose under heaven.
                            A time to build up, a time to break down.
                            A time to dance, a time to mourn.
                            A time to cast away stones.
                            A time to gather stones together.

There is a season, turn, turn, turn;
                            and a time to every purpose under heaven.
                            A time of love, a time of hate.
                            A time of war, a time of peace.
                            A time you may embrace;
                            a time to refrain from embracing.

There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
                            And a time to every purpose under heaven.
                            A time to gain, a time to lose.
                            A time to rend, a time to sew.
                            A time to love, a time to hate.
                            A time for peace, I swear it's not too late!

"Turn! Turn! Turn!"

Recorded by "The Byrds"
                            Written by "Pete Seeger"
                            Album: "Turn, Turn, Turn" - 1966

Comment

RF16, keep up the good work. As you can see, all of us more "senior" members hold in high esteem our young Rams here. I too congratulate you on your work accomplishments. -- RR
                              Well, most of us seniors anyway.

What I meant is that we sincerely care about our young'ns here in the Clan. In a way, you are the future of the Ramfan and you definitely show true grit and love at this stage of your life.

On a different note, I'm 6-1". As a teen and in my 20s I never did manage to dunk the basketball on an official rim. Now I'm 265 lbs. and maybe in my dreams I might be able to, slow motion and all.

You probably will get there in a couple more years if you keep at it physically and mentally. GO FOR IT!
                              Last edited by RealRam; -07-07-2006, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamsFan4ever
                                Ways to get taller?
                                by RamsFan4ever
                                My future high school coach wants me to grow about 2 more inches before next years season and he said if I do get those inches, My chances at a starting position rises.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Does milk help? My parents say it does, but I'm not so sure.
                                -12-09-2006, 05:20 PM
                              • RamsFanSam
                                Eating Healthy
                                by RamsFanSam
                                I love food. Not just food....decadent food. Death by Chocolate Ice Cream smothered in hot fudge. Bacon. Steak. Krispy Kremes.
                                To me, vegetables are not food, they are what food eats.

At least, until last week.

I spent six hours in the Emergency Room at the hospital. Seems as though I had carried a cart up a flight of stairs, and when I got to the top, I had a sudden, EXTREMELY painful headache that came on all at once. I had blurry vision, couldn't think clearly, and felt like I would pass out any second.
                                Right then, I was glad I worked at a hospital.
                                I don't really remember much of what happened for the rest of the day. I remember someone saying my blood sugar was 85, my blood pressure was way too high, getting a CT scan, then an MRI. They said that I did not have an aneurysm. My vision slowly returned to normal, and my headache slowly faded.
                                Friday, I got the results from all of the tests that my doctor had done. He said everything was perfect except my blood pressure and my cholesterol levels were both way too high.
                                Suffice to say, Mom isn't letting me get by with anything. No ice cream, no Krispy Kremes, no T-bones. Real eggs? Nope.
                                She has me eating things called 'salads'. She discovered a way to cook foods that doesn't involve frying. (I never knew that it was possible!!!) She has me drinking this white-colored water she calls 'skim milk'. Chocolate? Out of the question....

My metabolism has always been high enough that I have to eat about 3000 calories a day just to maintain my weight. Now, instead of a quick death by stroke, I must endure a slow death by lettuce and starvation. The most substantial thing I ingest everyday is one Lipitor tablet.

How can anyone think eating this way is healthy? Rabbits eat food like this. Rabbits are all small and fat, and they don't live long.

Since Mom has me eating like I'm some sort of 'New-Age' weirdo from California, you guys need to do me a favor: If I start acting like some 'New-Age' weirdo, please shoot me for my own good, OK?
                                -03-19-2006, 11:30 AM
                              • thoey
                                Jokes and Humor
                                by thoey
                                Figured I would start an on-going thread just for jokes and humor.

***********************************************************
                                Chili Cook-off:

Recently I was honored to be selected as an Outstanding Famous Celebrity in my Community to be a judge at a chili cook-off because no one else wanted to do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came.

I was assured by the other two judges that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted this as being one of those burdens you endure when you're an Internet writer and therefore known and adored by all.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
                                JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
                                CAMERON: Holy smokes, what is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky (barbecue?) with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.
                                JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
                                CAMERON: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. Shoved my way to the front of the beer line. The barmaid looks like a professional wrestler after a bad night. She was so irritated over my gagging sounds that the snake tattoo under her eye started to twitch. She has arms like Popeye and a face like Winston Churchill. I will NOT pick a fight with her.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
                                JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.
                                CAMERON: This has got to be a joke. Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been sneezing Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now and got out of my way so I could make it to the beer wagon. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. She said her friends call her "Sally." Probably behind her back they call her "Forklift."

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
                                JUDGE TWO: A hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
                                CAMERON: I felt something scraping across my tongue but was unable to taste it. Sally was standing behind me with fresh refills so I...
                                -09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
                              • MOM
                                Question for Missouri Parents and Teachers
                                by MOM
                                I really need to get something off my chest, and pose a few serious questions.

I stood outside with my Kindergartener for almost 30 minutes in below freezing temperatures (20 actual degrees, 14 degree wind chill) this morning, in front of the school she attends. Now, when it comes time for recess, if the wind chill is below 32 degrees, the kids are kept inside. WHY THE HELL-O NOT LET THEM IN WHEN IT IS WAY COLDER THAN THAT?????

1. Why do the teachers and school administrators keep the kids out in the cold while THEY get to be inside where it is warm?

I asked the school principal this morning, and she said that none of them had to be there until 7:30. This did not fly with me because I have NEVER seen any of them arrive that late. 90% of them are there by 7:00. She also told me that it would be unfair to the teachers to have to work that extra time. I then informed her that 30minutes a day is hardly work, especially when they are not HOURLY employees. She then starts whining about how 30 minutes would end up leading to an hour and longer, and that is why we have a program called "Prime Time".

This was intriguing to me, and I'll tell ya why. Your typical day care center in the town I live in charges around $150 a week nowadays. Let us assume that a child is there about 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. This calculates to be about $3.00 per hour. Enter "Prime Time". It costs $55 a week. Let's say you only need your child to be there for 30 minutes before school, 5 days a week. That comes out to $20.00 per hour! Yeah, great idea.....NOT!

It all boils down to their convenience outweighing the welfare of the kids. Leave them out in the cold so they can be at risk for frostbite, hypothermia, exposure, and goodness knows what else just so they don't have to take an aspirin for a headache from being around them for 30 dad gum minutes!

2. The first time the early morning temperatures got below freezing, Pa asked the same questions I did. The response he was given was that there were security issues involved. Let me ask this....WHAT?

Sure, let them in so little 5-year-old Apu Hassamapedapetamalon (sp?) (You know, the KwikEMart guy from the Simpsons) can go in and blow himself up. RIIIIIIIIGHT. I can think of a HUGE reason not to lock them out. Not all sex offenders are going to follow the conditions of their probation and parole 100% of the time. Locking them outside without proper supervision gives these sickos primo opportunity to offend. You leave the kids vulnerable to abduction or worse.

Kids can also hurt themselves or each other playing outside without supervision. They can also end up taking these activities out into the streets, where a car can hit them.

Missouri parents:

Does your school do this?

Missouri teachers:

WHY? I need a GOOD reason,...
                                -11-30-2005, 08:38 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                "Rules For Work" Any contractors of subcontractors out there?
                                by MauiRam
                                Rules for work

1) Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 PM and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2) If itís really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire
                                how itís going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me
                                as often as possible.

3) Always leave without telling anyone where youíre going. That way it gives me
                                a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4) If my arms are full carrying tools and materials, donít open the door for me. I
                                need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors with no arms
                                is good training in case I should ever be injured and lose all use of my limbs.

5) If you give me more than one job to do, donít tell me which one is the priority.
                                I am psychic.

6) Do your best to keep me working late and on weekends. I adore working and
                                really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7) If a job I do actually pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out it could
                                lead to a raise.

8) If you donít like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in con-
                                versations. I was born to be whipped.

9) If you have special instructions for a job, donít write them down. In fact, save
                                them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful
                                information.

10) Never introduce me to the people youíre with. I have no right to know
                                anything. In the construction food chain I am plankton. When you refer to
                                them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11) Be nice to me only when the job Iím doing for you could really change your
                                life and send you straight to contractorsí hell.

12) Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and itís nice to know
                                that someone else is less fortunate. I especially like the story about your
                                having to pay so much taxes on all the money you made last year.
                                -05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
                              Working...
                              X